Jump to content
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

 

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 0005 Sat 03 Mar to 0900 Sat 03 Mar
 
Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 0005 Fri 02 Mar to 2355 Fri 02 Mar
 
The Met Office has issued a red warning for snow – the highest level of warning – for parts of southwest England and South Wales on Thursday into Friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided the local pub was the best place to hole up a few hours before the world ends in South Wales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy snow that was forecast for tonight has now disappeared from the MetO for Crickhowell. Could be very local event for most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

How anybody thinks in Wales they gonna miss the snow beats me area huge area of precipation with pretty heavy oranges and yellow developing atm over northern France heading straight towards Wales.

too much reading computer apps and forecasts - use your meteorology gut scientific instincts and experience, and take the whole together and then work it all out that way - jumping around from each model run etc etc etc etc etc listening and looking at that and this app, that dodgy computer spewing out that bad forecast - just screws your head up - know how to read the data - research - get a real feel for weather forecasting - in the end it'll cause you LOADS LESS STRESS - as a famous advert for a lawn mower once said - "IT's A LOT LESS BOVVER THAn A HOVVER" - LOL LOL - WORK THINGS OUT FOR YOURSELVES AND READ ALL DATA - READING BETWEEN THE LINES TO WORK OUT what's gonna happen - people are accusing me of witch craft and wizardry when I forecast the weather - no such thing - I use the tools provided, and work things out in the right way - but still they don't believe - but some do because I got it right last time and the time before that - so building a reputation is key too lol

Edited by andymusic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine if this was July? low pressure pushing up from Biscay clashing with all the heat coming off the continent = some cracking thunderstorms! Although very often the heat doesn't hold on for days (like the cold is expected to do) as it turns fresher behind them 

Edited by Jonathan Rhodri Roberts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at various radars I reckon the red band is spot on. In the middle of the precip is a serious bit of snow that looks on track for Cardiff and 10 miles west and east either side. Not long now peeps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

lol , not many combinations available with those three items .

Food heaven or food hell would be scratching heads given those ingredients .

Erm , cold beans , hot beans , dried previously soaked beans ??

beans boiled in lager ?

I think you will be hungry later .

Andy !.... send Eira one of those steaks down the graigerhorn ...

just been down the Graigerhorn now - the piste base is coming along nicely - just setting up the temporary ski lift with some WELSH Sherpa MINIONS - they only speak cymraeg - so I haven't got a clue what they're saying on the coffee breaks lol - took the husky with me too to inspect the griagerhorn's famous black run - even 4x4s come unstuck on this slope leaving their axles lopped off and in previous sking seasons cars turned over on their roofs while young girls slide down the run sideways in their Vauxhall novas and fiestas while putting their lippy on not noticing the huge drop over the cliff on one side of the run LOL. I've got to head out there again shortly to check on the piste base and get my piste basher to create a nice smooth powdery run for all, and am gonna get some grit too from a guy called DAI the GRIT - couldn't get any in the shops for my paths but he seems to be able to source some on the black market somewhere - I asky no questions - he tell me no lies lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys I'm down in Chard Somereset at the moment in my hgv temp is -2.5 and snowing heavy but fine flakes. Roads are starting to ice up so I'm heading back to base in chepstow , wish me luck !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jessmum said:

Sod all here now, just snizzle - when is the big stuff meant to come?

patience grass hopper - it's coming

Edited by andymusic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike Jones said:

Well guys I'm down in Chard Somereset at the moment in my hgv temp is -2.5 and snowing heavy but fine flakes. Roads are starting to ice up so I'm heading back to base in chepstow , wish me luck !

yeah good luck - I understand base camp there could be a little tricky - I hope no -ones going for the pen - y fan summit today with oxygen - I very much doubt they'll make it back from their alive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, andymusic said:

too much reading computer apps and forecasts - use your meteorology gut scientific instincts and experience, and take the whole together and then work it all out that way - jumping around from each model run etc etc etc etc etc listening and looking at that and this app, that dodgy computer spewing out that bad forecast - just screws your head up - know how to read the data - research - get a real feel for weather forecasting - in the end it'll cause you LOADS LESS STRESS - as a famous advert for a lawn mower once said - "IT's A LOT LESS BOVVER THAn A HOVVER" - LOL LOL - WORK THINGS OUT FOR YOURSELVES AND READ ALL DATA - READING BETWEEN THE LINES TO WORK OUT what's gonna happen - people are accusing me of witch craft and wizardry when I forecast the weather - no such thing - I use the tools provided, and work things out in the right way - but still they don't believe - but some do because I got it right last time and the time before that - so building a reputation is key too lol

“Witchcraft and wizardry “.

Andy I always thought it was wizardry that you used for your forecasts ?

Rather disappointed now that your just a mere mortal .

I always pictured you as Doc Emmett Brown from back to the future with your wizard like skill set.

Clara was your Liza and you just lived as a timelord shifting across the ages in your flux capacitor chipped Volvo ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

snow has now stopped in Rhoose but still blowing around in the wind ...now waiting for the main course to arrive later this afternoon !

how many main courses d'you want - I dunno - you give some people an inch and they take a mile lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackjack said:

It’s all a bit pathetic here at the moment. Very fine stuff and light now. 

patience grass hopper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to Andy on predicting this! Alot of us always doubted the low Res charts but this time it's come up trump's. 

Coming up to 3 inches here now I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm used to my snow melting away, but not blowing away. I have a big bald patch in the middle of my garden. :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Credit to Andy on predicting this! Alot of us always doubted the low Res charts but this time it's come up trump's. 

Coming up to 3 inches here now I reckon.

Yep nicely nailed Andy. Reckon you owe 50p still but I think considering how much snow we will get it should go in the charity box ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

I'm used to my snow melting away, but not blowing away. I have a big bald patch in the middle of my garden. :rofl:

It's amazing, no melting at all just waiting for the main course the sirloin steak and trimmings maybe some lobster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Yep nicely nailed Andy. Reckon you owe 50p still but I think considering how much snow we will get it should go in the charity box ha ha

i'm happy with that i'll donate my 50p - think it should go to the homeless - think we should all donate 50p - who god knows how - are gonna get through this freezing weather - no doubt one or two will die with the depth of cold - you have to wonder what goes through the minds of these gov/assembly mps who stand idly by and watch this sort of problem develop and don't really do anything to help - that IDS (Ian Duncan Smith) was on the box this morning - I blame him for a lot of this misery - the stuck up so and so put a lot of genuine mentally ill and disabled people off benefits, and caused a lot of pain and heart ache not that he gives a fig about any of this - as long as he's alright with his money in his bank with a big mansion and log fire - bugger the poor homeless - you can see in his face his complete lack of empathy for anyone else and his complete selfish attitude for just himself - nasty horrible man

Edited by andymusic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...