Jump to content

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

Judging by these charts Derek likes to tweet, I can see his forecast looking drastically different tomorrow for the west of wales and also the metoffice amber warning shifted to the east of Wales.  As long as we get a good covering here in the West i'll be happy,

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Fair dooz to Torfaen council. They've initiated their red warning plan. I've just received the survival package.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, goosey007 said:

Derek just tweeted this .....thing of beauty

DXE1rIEXkAMszY-.jpeg

Beat me to it. It's quite annoying how Newport is always under a 'blank' graphic on that though- we're a snow shield! All signals point to even lower land in the east doing great, fingers crossed. Get the feeling further west the less cold interlude will hopefully not present too much of a problem!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bartlett high said:

Looks very nice (especially for me!) but probably unlikely as 18z shows system moving further west so precipitation less intense but only time will tell!

Arpege is a much higher resolution short range model, and should be valued a lot more at this range than the GFS imo. Maybe that's a bit of IMBY yard syndrome though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Yes the 18z. Moves the low further west so less precip. Arpege and Hirlam still look fab though 

Fair enough. Personally thought it was better than the last run for precip on Thursday night. Friday afternoon it has less precip but more initially. Thursday night looks main event. 

Let’s see what the 00z brings. Hirlam and arpege still great and higher res.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

That's brilliant, at least we can rely on that model..... Or can we?

No model can be trusted ?? just got to wait for tomorrow and hope the good output continues. Massive day tomorrow! We will have good idea this time tomorrow about Thursday and Friday. Hopefully will also see some more showers during day tomorrow too as the sun gets going.

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RhysWales said:

Beat me to it. It's quite annoying how Newport is always under a 'blank' graphic on that though- we're a snow shield! All signals point to even lower land in the east doing great, fingers crossed. Get the feeling further west the less cold interlude will hopefully not present too much of a problem!

Don't worry its just the way the image is pixalated those snow depths will reach the coast. Just a poor resolution image

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whiskers said:

I'm hoping as I work in a school,that today the council may make the decision to close schools on Friday,fingers crossed,what time does the met office update their warnings? 

I agree, they should just close now. They're quite unpredictable as they can update anytime but I'd guess late morning.

Latest charts look amazing for us all!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I agree, they should just close now. They're quite unpredictable as they can update anytime but I'd guess late morning.

Latest charts look amazing for us all!

I reckon Thurs/Friday is looking great for you guys in South Wales and for many of us over this side of the bridge too. A potentially very severe 48 hours of weather that may be talked about for many years to come. Fingers crossed. Enjoy!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John88B said:

I reckon Thurs/Friday is looking great for you guys in South Wales and for many of us over this side of the bridge too. A potentially very severe 48 hours of weather that may be talked about for many years to come. Fingers crossed. Enjoy!

Could have a red warning for the valleys tomorrow I think.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...