Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I finally seen a few flakes! Okay, no covering, but there's teeny grains amongst the grass. :rofl:

Roll on Thursday, it can't come quick enough for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Woke up to light dusting of snow.  Steady snow since 8am, of light polystyrene variety, probably couple of centimetres.  Very very cold though.

Posted

For the attention of my local friends, can I ask you to please cut and paste this post.
The New Beginnings church in Dowlais, Merthyr are opening their doors tonight through until Thursday night (think they may have to extend that with the blizzard coming) from 7pm till 9am the following morning for rough sleepers, hot meal will also be provided.
If anyone knows or sees anyone who is homeless please pass this message onto them. They will need to be at Merthyr Bus Station at 6pm on each night where a lift to the church has been arranged.

And if you see someone while you are out and about and they look like they could do with some help in this freezing weather at least buy them a hot drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put this message on your facebook pages folks

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

For the attention of my local friends, can I ask you to please cut and paste this post.
The New Beginnings church in Dowlais, Merthyr are opening their doors tonight through until Thursday night (think they may have to extend that with the blizzard coming) from 7pm till 9am the following morning for rough sleepers, hot meal will also be provided.
If anyone knows or sees anyone who is homeless please pass this message onto them. They will need to be at Merthyr Bus Station at 6pm on each night where a lift to the church has been arranged.

And if you see someone while you are out and about and they look like they could do with some help in this freezing weather at least buy them a hot drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put this message on your facebook pages folks

Will do mate. They need our help this week especially with the low temperatures and blizzards.

• Like 1

Posted

Been consistently seeing lighter precipitation between Swansea and Carmarthen on the models. Sometimes it looks like it's a split between two bands... 

This snow depth chart Derek posted shows the Swans-Carm snow shield in full force. At least we should see a little.. Enjoy being buried everywhere else! 

20180227_094459.png

Posted

Have posted it Andy.   Can I ask that what would need to change for Ireland not to get the blizzards (as they are predicted to get the worse of it) for us then to be maybe getting what they are forcast too? A few days ago I thought we were meant to get the most and then vaguely remember that it changed. Only asking as their  forecast uses the word "blizzard" but ours says snow and wind. Thanks. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, alijoe said:

Have posted it Andy.   Can I ask that what would need to change for Ireland not to get the blizzards (as they are predicted to get the worse of it) for us then to be maybe getting what they are forcast too? A few days ago I thought we were meant to get the most and then vaguely remember that it changed. Only asking as their  forecast uses the word "blizzard" but ours says snow and wind. Thanks. 

the storm has been modelled to go a tad more left of the uk than initially thought, but I don't think the exact details are in yet and it won't be nailed until within 12 hours or so or possibly on the event itself - storm Emma could kick us really hard - digging out for days afterwards

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

the storm hadon'ten modelled to go a tad more left of the uk than initially thought, but I don't think the exact details are in yet and it won't be nailed until within 12 hours or so or possibly on the event itself - storm Emma could kick us really hard - digging out for days afterwards

Exciting times. Thanks Andy for the Reply.

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

This is getting better and better heavy snow from 9pm Thursday until Friday afternoon!

Jay meto forecast shows it starting around 9am rather than PM for Cardiff although light snow.

• Like 1

Posted

Can you imagine our disappointment if this turns to a rain event?

It's looking good, but after being let down so many times before I am cautious.

Also very excited with a proper Spring in my step today.

It's coming!!!! (I hope) :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

Ok, back to saying snow in Port Talbot. I just laughed as Chrome has a little thing under the Met Office that says 'you have visited this page many times' - Yes, yes I have, about every hour for the last week :D

Posted
13 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Sledge is staying in the shed until it starts snowing, I'm not jinxing it.

Ours is in the loft last time it saw daylight was January 2013, 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Sledge is staying in the shed until it starts snowing, I'm not jinxing it.

I'm just dithering about ordering one from Amazon. Don't want to jinx it though.

Posted

Some showers coming through Gloucester on the radar, wonder if they have the legs to make it to Cardiff.

Posted
Just now, Clair_Witch said:

Some showers coming through Gloucester on the radar, wonder if they have the legs to make it to Cardiff.

Could do. I would say amber warnings to be issued today for the snow end of the week. Surely it's near enough certain?