Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Still not sure that Thursday front will get much further North than Midlands,BBC describe front as slow moving which is good news for Wales because we have more snow Lol.

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 9.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

Posted
    1 minute ago, keithlucky said:

Still not sure that Thursday front will get much further North than Midlands,BBC describe front as slow moving which is good news for Wales because we have more snow Lol.

Stalling snow is the best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
    20 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

At what point this week do you think this will become concrete not juut risk of?

right now i'd say. it will be a huge shock to me now if this doesn't come off. if it doesn't, i'll go snog one of those polar bears

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tips

further west again west last couple of runs very messy wheres it going what a mess  a lot of runs needed

Edited by thetipster
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I have noticed that the temperature has constantly been around 2 or so degrees higher than forecast like being 1.1C here now when its forecast to be around -1C by now, I hope that isn't something that continues through the week! 

Hopefully we still manage to stay on the right side and keep the snow, will be interesting to see what tomorrows modelling brings as we get within the 48hr mark of the start of 'Blizzard'. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Already reports of snow in East Anglia etc so the fun has finally started and I'm sure it won't be long, just over a day or so before we get to join in on the fun. I'm somewhat excited now for Tuesday to Thursday! 

• Like 1
    Posted

Beeb still showing nothing more than light snow and sleet post Thursday, 200 metres absl in the SWales valleys, looks like the sweet spot from the model watching but apparently not according to the bbc

Posted
    1 minute ago, Stevetynant said:

Beeb still showing nothing more than light snow and sleet post Thursday, 200 metres absl in the SWales valleys, looks like the sweet spot from the model watching but apparently not according to the bbc

have a look at the ppn chart  I posted earlier 3k high res  go buy that 

Posted
    48 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Already reports of snow in East Anglia etc so the fun has finally started and I'm sure it won't be long, just over a day or so before we get to join in on the fun. I'm somewhat excited now for Tuesday to Thursday! 

24 hours

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 27.02.2018 00 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 27.02.2018 06 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 27.02.2018 12 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 27.02.2018 18 GMT

Posted
    1 hour ago, DeepSnow said:

I have noticed that the temperature has constantly been around 2 or so degrees higher than forecast like being 1.1C here now when its forecast to be around -1C by now, I hope that isn't something that continues through the week! 

Hopefully we still manage to stay on the right side and keep the snow, will be interesting to see what tomorrows modelling brings as we get within the 48hr mark of the start of 'Blizzard'. 

Siberian uppers will see to the temps then the snow fields will seal the deal

Posted
    18 minutes ago, thetipster said:

heres 3km hight res ppn

then net weather high res ppn

then live radar  ppn 

then euro4

net1.PNG

net2.PNG

net3.PNG

net4.PNG

Posted
    Just now, thetipster said:

shocking what res is the euro4

always under plays things - bbc when they were with the meto would use euro4 for their graphics but always beef them up - so it gives you a general idea but not completely

Posted

yeah look at the 3 high res charts from different models  I posted  for 00:00 26/02/2018 and look at the live radar  and  make u own mind  up  id say 3km high res best euro4 last

Posted
    17 minutes ago, Gerryhattrick said:

temperature really dropping now. strongbow kept on decking is giving me brain freeze 

yep if the power does go out all the stuff in the fridge and the freezer can just go outside lol

Posted

Thomas shaferfinger is confusing me ' he never mentions wales ' says snow spreading west of Brummie ' Naff all about WALES .

All English biased i say ' east of engurland will get this and that and no mention of us ' also hate the new silly animated graphics they got .

Posted
    1 hour ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Thomas shaferfinger is confusing me ' he never mentions wales ' says snow spreading west of Brummie ' Naff all about WALES .

All English biased i say ' east of engurland will get this and that and no mention of us ' also hate the new silly animated graphics they got .

that's the meteogroup - looks like we're permanently in a fog lol - don't worry it's coming - by tomorrow night wales should see it's 1st flakes of snow in this event and it should just get better from there