Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Bloody everybody watch weather forecast from BBC ONE hell of a blizzard The End of weekWWWWWWWWWWWW9ooooooooowwwwww

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Models trying to bring in milder air towards the end of next week. Its going to be very cold thats for sure, surely mild air won't win out this quickly?!

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
2 minutes ago, jessmum said:

Oh dear, it's turned to a rain event on the forecast page for my area on Friday, how disappointing.

It will probably keep changing until models firm up on it properly

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, jessmum said:

Oh dear, it's turned to a rain event on the forecast page for my area on Friday, how disappointing.

To soon to tell... probably the same on the coast here in Pembrokeshire... and it's a week away... 

A lot can happen to UK weather in a week :wink:

Posted
44 minutes ago, WelshWanderer said:

Yeah, 2010 was a good year.  Here's some pic's of mostly central Swansea, Swansea Bay and Gorseinon :-)

Narnia 2.jpg

Narnia 3.jpg

Narnia 4.jpg

Narnia 5.jpg

Narnia 6.jpg

Narnia 7.jpg

Narnia 8.jpg

Narnia.jpg

Cracking pics !!! Even snow on the beach!!! 

And it was cold... lol... 

Posted

admittedly two milder runs further into the run - FI right now folks - lots of snow to go under the bridge 1st - it's just a model run - pumped that out and ensembles will tell us on both gfs and ecm whether they are rogue mild or something to take more serious - at the moment Liza has got THREE Shirley bassey shows starting Friday she'd like to do lol - but the weather still looks like it's gonna stop her doing them - they st david's day shows -  Friday night and 2 Saturday in Cardiff afternoon and evening with mini welsh festival called St David Rocks - three tom jones tribs - three Shirley bassey tribs and a sterephonics band celebrating st david's day on 3rd march in 8 brains venues in Cardiff - they still might need a sled to get about lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously

I've poured boiling water on the slope at my nans 

I've wetted her slope it's the least I could do,

I got milk and bread as well as that dousing

Did you wet the concrete ramp and get milk and bread? Ydw

Get the bread and the milk in get candles and voodoo

It's going to be like 82

Posted

The front passing Tuesday on BBC weather I just watched goes through mid wales misses south grrr. Will change though I expect

Edited by PompeyFC

Posted

The end of next week seems to have gone from a thirty-six hour snowstorm followed by a reload of the cold easterlies to a twelve hour affair followed by a thaw. I despair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

In all honesty Friday as long as it stayed as all snow i would take 12 hours of it over nothing after having so many poor winters for snow here! So far we seem to stay in the cold enough air to keep it an all snow event so still exciting for us. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

This could end up a disaster...have the pontypool 10k today and the Newport half marathon next week.today is Baltic cold..next week we could end up with a lot of snow and the race be cancelled..or maybe not.depends what wins out!

Edited by dbaloo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

in which way?

to me, a DISASTER would be the scenario painted first by the models, because i am a door to door courier.

As it is, i STILL lose a few days work, because of the snow midweek to end of week, so for ME the mild winning out by the weekend/start of next week is OK, thank you very much. If the models/forecasts revert to insane cold and snow after snow after snow, for weeks, then yeah, DISASTER!

Posted

any model experts on? doesn't warm air rise when it encounters cold air, especially the VERY cold air we'll have over us when that low arrives? Why does an established block of cold air move out of the way so readily in the face of an encroaching spin of warm air?

this is the bit i'm not getting about the models, but perhaps that's why i'm not a pro meteorologist as well? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
12 hours ago, andymusic said:

-15 to -20 or lower over snow fields and even before with the Siberian uppers - and the potential for this to last well into the middle of march maybe even further than that

Oh Andy - you are a teaser!  This is a wind-up, right?  Or is it true that parts of Wales will experience temperatures only usually recorded in Moscow?  :shok:.   If that happens the country will definitely grind to a halt!  :cold: :help:

Posted

Stop panicing guys - end of the week ain't still resolved properly yet and there's still shed loads of snow there too anyway - and the depth of cold to me suggests that low won't have such an easy time to barrel through as that - and subsequent runs in the next few days will update that in a better way - right now 96hr - 120hr is about as far as you need to go - plus gfs keeps the cold not too far away right the way throughout the run too till the end -

euro4 latest

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Mo 26.02.2018 06 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Mo 26.02.2018 12 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Mo 26.02.2018 18 GMT

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Tu 27.02.2018 00 GMT

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Oh Andy - you are a teaser!  This is a wind-up, right?  Or is it true that parts of Wales will experience temperatures only usually recorded in Moscow?  :shok:.   If that happens the country will definitely grind to a halt!  :cold: :help:

reason for the term - Siberian weather hitting us - uppers are gonna be brutal temps - and once the snow is down that will take the temps down even lower cause it acts like a freezer

• Like 1

Posted

i do think, simply because we don't get conditions like this very often at all, that the models struggle with the FACT that we'll be a gigantic freezer, basically, by the end of the week. Normally the ground is much milder than what it will be on Thursday/Friday

Posted

Perhaps I was being needlessly negative and going solely by the GFS 12Z output. It's true, most of the models are now hinting at a breakdown for the South by next weekend but it's all far from resolved, and before then we have potentially the heaviest snowfall in years to contend with!

Edited by Jackfrost