Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
23 minutes ago, iceage2 said:

I must say, I've been a long time reader since 2005, but Andy i hate it when you get everyone's hopes up all the time!  Especially to the non educated about the weather! Why post charts after charts than never verify?! Maybe for the mountains but not for the majority of normal people  in Wales. If i'm honest your posts just give people false hope if they love snow. Anyway enough said

@iceage2 Nothing to do with @andymusic post's and all his other post's he is just showing us what could happen if them charts came to fruition ' If you want false post's at most of the time stick to the Mad Thread .

As from Monday through the week we shall see Rain /Snow /Hail /Ice days /Storms / more ice days and then a snow event by the end of the week .

to me without the trained eye its looking quite interesting ' also keep posting @andymusic we love them will it post's .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Fender.. said:

iTS GOING TO BE 6C ON TUESDAY IN YOU AREA LOL.    SO ITS GOING TO BE RAIN.      The rest of the week its dry         http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640104

Stick to your Midlands thread ' obviously you been on the WINE GUMS ' And is we wizzled out of your head .

Posted
12 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

@iceage2 Nothing to do with @andymusic post's and all his other post's he is just showing us what could happen if them charts came to fruition ' If you want false post's at most of the time stick to the Mad Thread .

As from Monday through the week we shall see Rain /Snow /Hail /Ice days /Storms / more ice days and then a snow event by the end of the week .

to me without the trained eye its looking quite interesting ' also keep posting @andymusic we love them will it post's .

Posted
13 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

I'm not talking about Monday through the week, i'm talking about years of false hope to everyone who loves snow!!!!!  I can guarantee every year i read this site (13 years) i read a carbon copy every year by Andymusic! The snow is coming!! LOL

Posted
2 minutes ago, iceage2 said:

I'm not talking about Monday through the week, i'm talking about years of false hope to everyone who loves snow!!!!!  I can guarantee every year i read this site (13 years) i read a carbon copy every year by Andymusic! The snow is coming!! LOL

Yeh i know where you are coming from ' we all like snow ' Especially me ' But as i said he is only going by what the models say .

He is no expert and also the Great Posters in the Mad thread ain't ' dont forget we are in a cusp of a cold spell and so far this winter has been great ' hard frost , freezing fog and temps not above 5 c here ' all will tell near the time frame .. all models will chuck out differnt sypnostics .

We are in for a cold or very cold spell ' Enjoy

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Stick to your Midlands thread ' obviously you been on the WINE GUMS ' And is we wizzled out of your head .

Well only telling you what the BBC forecast is saying lol..  Check it out yourself.  

Posted
3 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Going by the Mad Thread its all gone tits up and been led down the garden path again (sigh) Buuuuuuut it's only 1 run so more roller coaster rides to agonize over ' :gathering:

the 18z has the barrelling low spinning further north on that run, when they and I am convinced it'll go further south, if it goes north though, less mild air will fill a lot more of the uk, but the storm could very well be more intense wind wise, reason for a little "gloominess" in the mad thread

Posted
3 hours ago, iceage2 said:

I must say, I've been a long time reader since 2005, but Andy i hate it when you get everyone's hopes up all the time!  Especially to the non educated about the weather! Why post charts after charts than never verify?! Maybe for the mountains but not for the majority of normal people  in Wales. If i'm honest your posts just give people false hope if they love snow. Anyway enough said

"normal people" in Wales, think you mean the ones that live on the coast by the sea? - well there's also loads of "normal people" in Wales who live along the heads of the valleys road and right throughout the valleys generally, if you do live right down by the coast, yes it will take "colder" weather to produce sleet/snow and accumulations of snow, but that's something that is taken for granted, that as someone who is "into the weather", you will possibly have a little basic knowledge of geography, and understanding of "height above sea level" etc. I can see in these current circumstances that this cold spell coming up has quite some potency in it from the upper air that will flood in with it, so there's a good chance that a lot of us will see some wintry conditions, but a lot of us here already know that anyone with a bit of height, will no doubt see more lying/accumulated snow - the charts I publish/copy and paste, show what potentially could happen, they don't always happen, weather is not a precise science, that's what makes it interesting and a wonderful hobby to have. I'm sorry if you think I'm "over enthusiastic" with my predictions, but you must also take where you live into the mix, and then try and work out for yourself too what may or may not happen, the bbc don't always get things correct either, and the meto fumble along, changing forecasts, when things look set in stone. Anyway, sorry if I've offended you in anyway iceage2, just trying to enjoy the weather, and yes where I live, I have to be extremely careful this time of the year, making sure I know when this sort of weather is coming, as on top of this "little" mountain, conditions can get quite difficult at times, on a country lane, so stocking up the larder is a must. Other times of the year I do enjoy the thunder storms, which the bbc say we will also get Monday once the front has moved through. Happy weathering anyway, i'd never want to give false hope to anyone. - Andy

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3

Posted

00z - has the "mild" hurricane north again Wednesday night into Thursday - Wales still right in the line of fire from the ferocious winds - bbc still going with a much more southerly projection, gonna be interesting to see who will be right on the day - gloominess in the mad thread also because they are expecting a northerly to a north easterly, which give the "eastern Englanders" a decent chance of some wintry weather too and if gfs is to be believed along with some other models, if the "hurricane" low goes further north, this will cut their and our chances of said northerly/north easterly

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Oh no,looking in the mad thread it seems the end is nigh! Is it all over for us? Has the cold come to an end? Feeling nervous :diablo:

Posted

Latest BBC forecast showing the Wed/Thur low much further North as per latest model output. Still looking very nasty. I have to say this week is looking cold, windy and pretty miserable. 

Posted

a late change in the game, but not solid yet, i'll wait for the 12zs 1st - still a much more active week for the weather and snow Tuesday/Wednesday

gfs-2-60.png?6

then a mid-week hurricane - then back to the cold

gfs-2-132.png?6

Posted

Wow some rude posts on here today ! Yes stick to the mad thread , nobody is giving false hope there has been many a time it's has snowed whilst not being forecast by the so called forecast ! Nobody knows how or when it will happen hence the changing models constantly! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

This upcoming "cold spell" doesn't really look like cutting it, away from elevation.

When someone says cold spell to me I think of snow (for the majority - not just the lucky few who live up a mountain).

I think of frost, I think of ice days with dazzling sunshine from gin clear blue skies.

I do not think of rain and wind, and at best slushy showers which might give a temporary covering in the heaviest bursts as a cold spell.

i fear disappointment will be the overriding feeling of the vast majority of people when this "spell" is over.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Thanks 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, andymusic said:

12z Wednesday/Thursday still going for northerly route for low, but before that

gfs-2-54.png?12

I believe we will definitely see some snow Andy but I don't think anyone or any computer can pin point when this week ? Bet it will happen when we least expect it too ?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

So a week of cold rain to come not the snowmageddon, I really can' wait I can' remember the last time we had cold rain ???

Posted
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

sorry to repeat myself - kick off late tomoz night

gfs-2-30.png?18

gfs-2-42.png?18

gfs-2-48.png?18

Fingers crossed you are right on this one mate .

Been an awful days viewing ' but will see soon what tonights GFS brings ' could all change 4 the better .

Posted
1 minute ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Fingers crossed you are right on this one mate .

Been an awful days viewing ' but will see soon what tonights GFS brings ' could all change 4 the better .

hurricane low barrels through pretty much the same so by Wednesday night it'll be stormy, high winds, rain - then the colder snowy/wintry stuff should return later thursday

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

hurricane low barrels through pretty much the same so by Wednesday night it'll be stormy, high winds, rain - then the colder snowy/wintry stuff should return later thursday

Bloody hope so mate ' peeved with all this grey and gloom .

like a good storm though , but rather the snow and ice .

Just let's wait and see what tomorrow night brings in the way of *S* :friends:

Posted
8 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Bloody hope so mate ' peeved with all this grey and gloom .

like a good storm though , but rather the snow and ice .

Just let's wait and see what tomorrow night brings in the way of *S* :friends:

this week should blow the gloom and grey away with the winds forecast