Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
35 minutes ago, andymusic said:

yep - that's the best way, radar and out the window lamppost watching lol - gfs has been steady over the past few days bringing the 850s down low enough for the whole of the UK but they aren't gonna be right on the south coast till tonight/midnight at least - so we are in the transfer from mildish to bone chilling cold - don't worry by tomoz it will feel below freezing across Wales - anyone thinking of doing an all nighter tonight - might be worth doing - we'll see how hefty the showers are doing as they come in on radar - have the coffee standing by or match sticks lol

I'll be up lol already started on the coffee mate. Supposed to be going into the Christmas markets in Cardiff town with the missus tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

latest gfs for sunday into Monday

gfs-2-66.png?12

gfs-2-78.png?12

gfs-2-84.png?12

gfs-2-90.png?12

looking better again - a little mild air gets in soo might effect some but somewhere still looking like they are gonna get pasted

Still plenty of time for movement. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be further south for us all.

Posted

I can confirm it is snowing flat out in Crumlin. Large flakes to, ground just to wet at minute.

That's Crumlin - NORTHERN IRELAND mind lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, freeze for all said:

Tbh I'd rather the mild dull damp weather to freezing cold rain ??? but I also think someone is trying to make a fool out of me cos I've just checked again and now heavy snow is forecast for my area.  I give up, if the forecasters don't know wot they r doing wot chance have we got ?? I think its a case of stick my head outside and c for myself lol

If your in Llanharan like me its changing all the time on the beeb. It' now saying heavy snow n snow showers till 10am and snow all day on and off

Posted

Oh dear i posted a tweet from IF on main forum 

Upset a few people especially with Wales looking better on latest BBC graphics for Sunday

ians tweet below

MoreIans i

W COUNTRY SUN: Re earlier tweet, @metoffice snow warning now issued caters for risk N'rn Glos up into Midlands. Pls note ongoing large uncertainty re N/S boundary in warning zone of rain v snow (warning area based on ensemble spread in UKMO & ECMWF models)    

They started throwing toys out of the pram, they don't seem to include Wales in their posts, at all and just talk about the mighty England, well guess what Wales is part of the Uk and Snow looks great for us and fairly dry over Eastern England 

• Like 1

Posted

BBC are flip flopping by the hour from what I can see of my own location - I've gone from heavy snow all Friday to showers and sleet and the latest update is Heavy showers again - theres a lot to be said for lamp post watching it has to be said

image.thumb.png.e6dc5d13caf4299e1baa0adbcbf60ba1.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, pyrotech said:

Oh dear i posted a tweet from IF on main forum 

Upset a few people especially with Wales looking better on latest BBC graphics for Sunday

ians tweet below

MoreIans i

W COUNTRY SUN: Re earlier tweet, @metoffice snow warning now issued caters for risk N'rn Glos up into Midlands. Pls note ongoing large uncertainty re N/S boundary in warning zone of rain v snow (warning area based on ensemble spread in UKMO & ECMWF models)    

They started throwing toys out of the pram, they don't seem to include Wales in their posts, at all and just talk about the mighty England, well guess what Wales is part of the Uk and Snow looks great for us and fairly dry over Eastern England 

this happens everytime - we can't help it if we have great mountain elevation plus once the freeze is in 9 times out of 10 with angle of the lows coming in we get the dumping 1st lol

Posted

showers really building now - come on WALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cold::cold::cold:

latest ukmo and gfs both going for an amazing snowfest for us Sunday/Monday - this weekend is the start of an amazing 2017/2018 WINTER in Wales

off topic - Liza's singing her xmas songs, and Gracie our new Husky is howling along - loves her singing she does, MUSH - gotta get the MUSHY practice in lol

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 5

Posted
14 minutes ago, andymusic said:

showers really building now - come on WALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cold::cold::cold:

latest ukmo and gfs both going for an amazing snowfest for us Sunday/Monday - this weekend is the start of an amazing 2017/2018 WINTER in Wales

off topic - Liza's singing her xmas songs, and Gracie our new Husky is howling along - loves her singing she does, MUSH - gotta get the MUSHY practice in lol

What so we're in line for the snow Sunday now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well I hope it stays dry around here until after midnight if I'm honest - temp 7.4C and only very slowly dropping, need the showers to hold off until after it cools down a lot more around midnight onwards before these showers are welcome! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What so we're in line for the snow Sunday now?

gfs's detail shows snow turning to rain possibly for a time then back to snow - although once again I repeat - this is not a done deal until even closer to the time - and ukmo looks very much the same - latest beeb reports are warning that everybody keep an eye on forecasts as a dumping for a fairly widish area of the UK will happen sunday into Monday

I'm airing on the side of Wales could get the LION's share of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, DeepSnow said:

Well I hope it stays dry around here until after midnight if I'm honest - temp 7.4C and only very slowly dropping, need the showers to hold off until after it cools down a lot more around midnight onwards before these showers are welcome! 

You staying up for the showers mate? Could be snowing before midnight if the BBC graphics are to go by.

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

I think it'll drop like a stone over the next few hours Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

I think Cardiff will do ok during the early hours of Friday morning, catching more showers that feed in from the NW. 

Not expecting much here in Swansea: Cold, mainly dry with the chance of the odd snow shower. 

• Like 2

Posted

Temps dropping off here now down to 4 it was 5.8 at 4:50! were nearly in evaporative cooling territory already! 

Posted

Oooh even I'm getting a little bit excited now! I'm off work tomorrow too.  Temp currently 4c and dropping ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

@Jayfromcardiff I might stay up with a few movies to keep me going till around midnight and assess the situation then as to the snow potential and whether to go to sleep and wake up early or not haha

I hope so @andymusic

I'm not even too concerned with Sundays antics as of yet, tomorrows potential showers and any snowfall (and the first proper snowfall in many years for me hopefully) is my main focus at the moment! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

Is there chance of snow settling to low levels?tonight/ tomorrow? Or just higher grounds?  I’m in north west wales. ?

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

@Jayfromcardiff I might stay up with a few movies to keep me going till around midnight and assess the situation then as to the snow potential and whether to go to sleep and wake up early or not haha

I hope so @andymusic

I'm not even too concerned with Sundays antics as of yet, tomorrows potential showers and any snowfall (and the first proper snowfall in many years for me hopefully) is my main focus at the moment! 

I agree there. Enjoy tomorrow's snow if we get any and then see what happens Sunday.

Posted
33 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Andy you ramper lol

have you known me to b anything else lol

I suppose I can afford to b having 240m on my side, but I always wish everyone else to get lucky too

Edited by andymusic