Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

I agree just watched weather on tv and snow tonight coming through very quickly then showers on and off, it be height again j feel and further north looks better for snow tonight on their  forecast 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Can't see anywhere on low ground seeing any settling snow. Doubt it very much obviously I'd love to be wrong.

Yeah I think this is a bit of a none event for this of us in the south/low ground this week. We will most likely have to wait for the next bit at the cherry for anything down here, but I might take a drive up the Bwlch as there's likely to be some snowfall up there and take that as my chance to see some this winter! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
2 hours ago, andymusic said:

Met Office just have a warning out now for snow/ice from midnight tonight to midday tomorrow - although I think that'll be extended right into Wednesday too - snow accumulations of up to 3cms plus and I should think a bit more if drawn out to Wednesday lunchtime - 200m and above - possible accumulations below that height too - so you being in the crows nest lol at 348m shouldn't worry too much - you may get quite a bit tonight as the front moves through - possibly even blizzard conditions - and then lots of showers packing in which will be mostly snow till Wednesday lunchtime at least

euro 4 can sometimes appear a little conservative with the spread of "pinks" - the beeb usually increase the areas on their maps that'll get hit - so I think we all have a good chance of at least seeing some snow - accumulations will vary but the higher up you are the better chance you have of that - it's not winter wonderland feet of snow this time - but at least some of us will finally break our winter duck lol

Thank you Andy, fingers crossed. Im 45 and like a kid haha. I'll keep you informed 

Posted

talk of a small trough on the ukmo fax chart forming in the flow for tomorrow morning early afternoon moving from west to east - could pep things up with the showers or even bring a "front" of snow through mid-south-Wales

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

talk of a small trough on the ukmo fax chart forming in the flow for tomorrow morning early afternoon moving from west to east - could pep things up with the showers or even bring a "front" of snow through mid-south-Wales

Judging from some of the images ive seen from.other models it runs from west to east from wales to the east coast!!could give a couple of cms in a few placez!!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

Is this the trough Andy? It's looking quite good for the morning and afternoon, anything we get tonight will be a bonus.

Screenshot_2019-01-21-14-57-12.png

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, coldie said:

Is this the trough Andy? It's looking quite good for the morning and afternoon, anything we get tonight will be a bonus.

Screenshot_2019-01-21-14-57-12.png

Yes I would have said so

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Snowing here

looking wet up here for now Jay - so you're either in Cardiff's newest "snowdome" or in a parallel universe - but I'll come down and have some of your snow if you've got some - mid-wales on netweather maps is showing a touch of sleet and I should imagine the beacons will have a touch of sleet with snow on the summits - it's been a long winter already mate - but I think the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is slowly coming into sight

• Like 2

Posted

looks busy with em showers tomorrow

image.thumb.png.314bf96d9ee5a3aca853b82a2c845bc6.png

some front edge snow Thursday maybe

image.thumb.png.99d82baeabc7c6bc10f9f4c02bcbc74d.png

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

Rain so far in Brynmawr, not expecting snow till tonight.Temp is 3.6 and Dew Point is 3.4 and has climbed a degree since 12.30pm so way to warm at present!

• Like 2

Posted

Monday evening next week gfs has this down for us - not for one minute do I think it might come to fruition - but there does seem to be a stuck repeating pattern developing of north west to south east flow on these colder lows coming through and they could very well get colder as time goes on - and being in the west we get a better chance in Wales of the cold and snow in that scenario

image.thumb.png.3fc1e5a7c081891c862cd23288610784.png

and further into next week

image.thumb.png.001bf04f1e7f5cad8a98c0efc279277e.png

which may eventually lead to one of them dragging northerlies/north easterlies and possibly then easterlies with the blocking in the right place guaranteeing all altitudes of snowy nirvana

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

looking wet up here for now Jay - so you're either in Cardiff's newest "snowdome" or in a parallel universe - but I'll come down and have some of your snow if you've got some - mid-wales on netweather maps is showing a touch of sleet and I should imagine the beacons will have a touch of sleet with snow on the summits - it's been a long winter already mate - but I think the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is slowly coming into sight

Haha I wish mate.

Posted

Just back from walking the dogs up on the mountain, heavy rain with some large snow flakes now and then.. feeling raw in the wind ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
20 minutes ago, andymusic said:

updated euro4

image.thumb.png.6956f513a4e93a1d4c59893855093f39.png

Snow in the Swansea snow dome let’s have it

• Like 1

Posted

latest Derek forecast - looking likely that tomorrow night could bring the best chances for snow to lower ground with even some slight accumulations

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

latest Derek forecast - looking likely that tomorrow night could bring the best chances for snow to lower ground with even some slight accumulations

Yep even a dusting, when he says dusting you can add a few cm on top.

• Like 1

Posted

snow reports now coming through from the irish regional thread plus temps dropping like a stone

a couple of "mini troughs" in the unstable air behind the front now on the fax charts

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Rain, 7.4C, hope those temps do drop quite quick when the back of the front comes through!