Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

There's am Amber warning for rain across much of South Wales tonight https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-05-31

"good chance of as much as 60-80mm in 2-3 hours in some places"

That would be pretty exceptional.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Surprised by cloudy sky this morning, after gloriously sunny dry days.  Dutifully pumping out bath water for plants but looking forward to ☔️.

Posted

Looking good for the end of this week now and possibly set for a protracted dry spell in the early 20's - what a great year its been

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Have given up relying solely on bath water and have joined 21st century and bought a hose.  Great fun washing cabbage white caterpillars off my tree cabbage.  Although nature’s revenge, ant sting and a hugely swollen leg calf... be that karma I guess.  Lovely cool morning but set for a glorious day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well its been a beautiful few days here and the temp is at 27.8C at midday, wonder how close we will get to 30C today! Clear blue skies and proper summer weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Our temp said 40 in garden..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think that would be direct sun temp? 29.2C currently here and feels wonderful! Though I can only enjoy this for a few days before it gets too much!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

This is one of the best spells of summer weather I can remember in this location.  Unbroken blue skies now for six days and light breezes.  Temperatures have reached 30.3C and 30.5C on consecutive days and I have never seen that before.  I am not sure how accurate my temperature sensor is, but it is positioned 3m above ground under an east facing fully overhanging roof so never gets full sun, and is unaffected by radiated heat.  However, I suspect that it might be slightly optimistic about air temperatures.....  Never mind - I'm going to remember the June day when we reached 30C in June 2018.  

Posted

Yesterday wasnt too omg phew what a scorcher hot here, warm but dry air and a hint of a cooling breeze although cats chose not to go outside but made like rugs on the tile floor..  This morning coolish 10 degrees at 5 am, so got up and did invoicing, paperwork so feeling smug. Just off to water veg plot and pots then off to work, happily work this morning is dog walking by tree shaded canal.  

Posted

Direct sun temperature was +42 degrees in my garden yesterday at 5pm - the evenings are gorgeous and there's no breakdown in sight - 2018 is going to go down as a classic year from a weather perspective I'm sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Yeah best yet....mine said 40 other day direct sun.....

Posted

5am blue sky and sun, now the mist is descending and eek!! cool/cold enough for cardigan.  Wonder if mist might turn mizzle , which would be nice.

Posted

After a week of amazing wall to wall sunshine and only just bearable high temperatures the cloud cover gradually increased from the south today and a few drops of rain began to fall about an hour ago.  Now we have grey skies and continuous light rain but only enough to just about wet the roof - no soaking yet.  I never thought I would say it, but it's a relief to have some respite from the sun because the ground has dried up completely and is hard as rock.  Even the stream down the side of the road has dried up and that's very unusual.  It's been a good week for cutting silage and most of the fields in this area are now clean and waiting for proper rain to get the grass growing again.  Satellite images suggest this light rain will pass over by tonight.   I don't mind having this little break from the summer weather - provided it returns again tomorrow as promised!  

Posted

Car read 30c yesterday then I washed it it read 21.5c

Tomorrow looks the most unsettled day for the next 10 days,south wales certainly will have much less sun and thundery showers,more cloud anyway overall further north.

brack0.gif

Posted

Having to pinch myself again as I look outside and see another sunny, warm, dry day ahead.  It's got to be the best summer spell I can remember and it still has some legs!   The countryside is beginning to look parched, though, which is something you can never say about Wales usually, and the sheep and dairy farmers are going to struggle to feed their animals unless the grass starts growing again soon.  For that to happen we need some rain but it seems unlikely that we are going to get much in the next seven days, at least ....

• Like 1

Posted

28.4C at 18.35 is just a bit warm for my liking, I would like it to start cooling off a bit more by now! Been sunny all day but a bit more cloud around now.

This summer continues to be one of the best I can remember in my 24years here besides 2003, definitely one I'll remember for its prolonged warmth and regular number of days week after week reaching 28-30C.

Some cooler days on the card around 24/25C for a few days this week though might feel a bit more comfortable! 

Posted

The farmers are having to use the silage they cut for winter feed to feed sheep/cattle now and ground too dry to till for second seeding.  Swings and roundabouts....

Posted

How lovely, gentle rain.  Not particularly cooling, but a welcome respite from watering pots and veg plots.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Phew. It's been hot lately! Definitely not my favourite kind of weather, but it's a lot cloudier today and feeling somewhat fresher. Quite a welcome relief.

I see the Met office have issued a warning for thunderstorms across Wales. We really could do with some rain now, everything is so dry and dusty out there. I'm crossing my fingers this storms do materialise. :)

Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously

The tourists have arrived, Mc Donald’s packaging thrown into the lanes, how lovely.