Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

It’s snowing and looking like sticking in St Mellons. 

The forecasts I’m looking at are implying the snow will arrive earlier than I thought tomorrow. I was hoping it would arrive in Cardiff at about 3pm so I could get home safely and enjoy the show. Now it’s looking like arriving in the morning. Should I just book leave and stay in bed?

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, andymusic said:

too right - my brother is a big part of the stadium down there too, he works there and has lots of responsibility for tickets etc Christopher martin - he just put a plaque on the memory wall for dad - which I've gotta go and see - dad would watch one match or three in one day on the tv then listen on radio wales or another radio station at the same time to more footy and then be reading about it in a newspaper - he loved his footy, I bet they'll be letting him watch as much footy as he wants now up in heaven - I hope so anyway - he's always in my thoughts now - he was a rock and steady man - 40 years a bricklayer - and then a taxi driver cause the winters got too bad for him before he finally earned his retirement - but this bloody disease just took all his dignity - luckily god took him away from us before he ended up in a wheel chair with no movement at all sucking all his meals up through a straw

Edit - snowing really heavily now

sorry to be so depressive about my dad - but I loved him - and my mam is taking it bad too - only man she loved for 52 years - the song "Dance with my father again" Luther Vandross is very appropriate - just sends me over the edge - sorry folks i'll try not to mention it again - and get back to the weather - which is what we are here for

Know how you feel my dad had dementia and Parkinson's,bed ridden couldn't do anything for himself,not even pick a cup up to drink,God bless him, life can be cruel ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Wow heavy snow already half a cm.

Just a few flakes in the wind here at the moment. Nothing on ground. So typical ??

Posted

I've just put this on my personal timeline on Facebook - you are welcome to copy and paste it to your own facebook set ups if you want to help warn people about what's coming

SERIOUS SERIOUS WEATHER UPDATE - we are gonna get the most horrendous BLIZZARD tomorrow now going on for up to three days or more - mostly affecting Wales and the South West of the UK - please make your last preparations, get any supplies you need in - be prepared for power cuts - candles etc - stand alone heating and cooking stuff - this snow storm Emma is gonna be crippling starting tomorrow morning - and has also been tentatively named - THE GREAT ST DAVID'S DAY SNOW STORM OF 2018 - this will potentially last for up to three days or more - WE WILL HAVE A NUMBER OF FEET OF SNOW PLUS SERIOUS DRIFTING -- and due to the depth of cold this will not just affect the mountains it will also effect people living right down to the coast too - met office currently have an amber warning I am giving out my own personal RED ALERT weather warning and they will no doubt upgrade shortly too - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - DO NOT GO OUT UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - HUNKER DOWN UNTIL THIS CLEARS - PLEASE TAKE CARE - PLEASE SHARE THIS POST ON YOUR OWN TIMELINES TO HELP KEEP PEOPLE SAFE

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

More dandruff now, car roofs with specks on!!!

ps. Tomorrow Friday still looking great.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, joo said:

It’s snowing and looking like sticking in St Mellons. 

The forecasts I’m looking at are implying the snow will arrive earlier than I thought tomorrow. I was hoping it would arrive in Cardiff at about 3pm so I could get home safely and enjoy the show. Now it’s looking like arriving in the morning. Should I just book leave and stay in bed?

yes

Posted
15 minutes ago, Missdolly said:

Snowing in merthyr too , kids are supposed to be going to st fagons with the school today ?!

This wasn't forecast for today was it ?

gonna get some snow yes - but the dangerous stuff is starting tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

I don't think my boss has looked at the forecast he's talking about Friday. Not sure I'll make it from Port Talbot to Raglan...

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

My dogs worse than me for the snow haha. 

IMG_20180228_083210146.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - i'll see if I can get a picky of my husky cross malamute gracie up now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

snowing out of a clear blue sky here, and lil ole mini drifts forming. cute!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I can't wait to see my dog in the snow. He's nearly 2, so never seen snow on the ground before.

That was a nice unexpected little snow shower. As fast as it was landing on the ground it was blowing all over the place. Fingers crossed for a little more today before tomorrow's big event. :)

• Like 2

Posted
28 minutes ago, andymusic said:

I've just put this on my personal timeline on Facebook - you are welcome to copy and paste it to your own facebook set ups if you want to help warn people about what's coming

SERIOUS SERIOUS WEATHER UPDATE - we are gonna get the most horrendous BLIZZARD tomorrow now going on for up to three days or more - mostly affecting Wales and the South West of the UK - please make your last preparations, get any supplies you need in - be prepared for power cuts - candles etc - stand alone heating and cooking stuff - this snow storm Emma is gonna be crippling starting tomorrow morning - and has also been tentatively named - THE GREAT ST DAVID'S DAY SNOW STORM OF 2018 - this will potentially last for up to three days or more - WE WILL HAVE A NUMBER OF FEET OF SNOW PLUS SERIOUS DRIFTING -- and due to the depth of cold this will not just affect the mountains it will also effect people living right down to the coast too - met office currently have an amber warning I am giving out my own personal RED ALERT weather warning and they will no doubt upgrade shortly too - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - DO NOT GO OUT UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - HUNKER DOWN UNTIL THIS CLEARS - PLEASE TAKE CARE - PLEASE SHARE THIS POST ON YOUR OWN TIMELINES TO HELP KEEP PEOPLE SAFE

people are laughing at me, when i go on about how serious this COULD be, even laughing at me this morning cos I said yesterday this could KILL people.

i'm just knowingly nodding my head back at them. even said 'it's ALREADY killed people' referring to that crash caused by the snow in England. some are in for a rude awakening i think.

• Like 1

Posted

is a thaw setting in straight after it, or is the cold hanging on, with more events?

edit - need to know cos i'm debating getting another gas bottle for the stand alone gas fire.

Edited by benytezz

Posted

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well. I am so happy it is only a day away, have found it all rather exhausting on my week off and done absolutely nothing but checked the weather lol. I can't wait to actually see some snow on the ground now and ao excited for all us snow lovera in here.  Enjoy.   Loving all your updates and thank you Andy especially. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

33cm for Cardiff and around that area with 40cm+ on latest charts.

That will be amazing if it comes off. I just want emma to arrive already! Lol

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

33cm for Cardiff and around that area with 40cm+ on latest charts.

that result in about 5 foot drifts i reckon, minimum

• Like 2