Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

well that was quite something - one winter wonderland as ordered - thank you lol

from what I can see across to senghenydd mountain - i'd say snow and settling snow level is around 240 - 250m and above right now

Edited by andymusic

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jayne aka Pembsgal said:

Don't be mean now Andy, send some to Kilgetty :)

sorry - I don't do it on purpose - honest - i'll try!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
18 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

No fair enough. Those wind speeds there in that forecast do not warrant a warning. I think it’s because of the potential for some small low pressures to form in the flow which would increase precip and wind speed. The warning text 60mph quite widely so they must see a little more than the computer generated forecast says. It is only a “be aware” at the end of the day. Could be a lot of rain in small time scale. 

Lets see anyway. 

Personally I think they need to change this warning system, it should b yellow as advisory and then Amber and red as warning. If I c a warning notice, to me that says stay away (substation for example) danger to life, but a yellow warning as far as I can c is joke lately cos they just send them out for anything

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Heavy snow here!

Nothing in the city centre ? Looks like precip north Cardiff northwards 

Posted

Sharp penetrating frost last night -1.7c,narrow roads were lethal worst I`ve driven in this winter ice and snow,ice being the main skiddy part.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Nice little weather station off eBay, very accurate and only £11.99. at least I can get an accurate temp reading now.

IMG_20180212_132238034.jpg

Hi I am looking for a weather station, do you have any other details or a link? What external sensors will it require and are they wireless?

Posted
5 minutes ago, EastAnglian said:

Hi I am looking for a weather station, do you have any other details or a link? What external sensors will it require and are they wireless?

Hi, if you type in digoo weather station into eBay it should come up. It comes with a wireless external sensor which requires batteries. Shocked how accurate it is for the price. Probably a few people on eBay selling the one I have.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digoo-Weather-Station-Hygrometer-Thermometer-Forecast-In-Outdoor-Sensor-Clock/152656398311?epid=1027902098&hash=item238b07c7e7:g:L8cAAOSwjIRZjUZw

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

Posted
23 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Hi, if you type in digoo weather station into eBay it should come up. It comes with a wireless external sensor which requires batteries. Shocked how accurate it is for the price. Probably a few people on eBay selling the one I have.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digoo-Weather-Station-Hygrometer-Thermometer-Forecast-In-Outdoor-Sensor-Clock/152656398311?epid=1027902098&hash=item238b07c7e7:g:L8cAAOSwjIRZjUZw

nice one Jay - would you believe for all the weather enthusiasm I have and knowledge (lol) I don't have one either and that one looks cracking - I can then report back me stupidly low temps perched on this flippin mountain lol

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

nice one Jay - would you believe for all the weather enthusiasm I have and knowledge (lol) I don't have one either and that one looks cracking - I can then report back me stupidly low temps perched on this flippin mountain lol

You and me both Andy, although my mountain is not quite as high as yours 208 vs  240m asl. Thanks Jay will order one.:)

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, EastAnglian said:

You and me both Andy, although my mountain is not quite as high as yours 208 vs  240m asl. Thanks Jay will order one.:)

yeah, but your in North Wales so that adds a few metres lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
11 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Mine is 343m

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Lidl were selling these simple colour ones a couple of weeks ago for £17.99 so they may still have stock left but many were hovered up by ebayers who are now re-selling for £25-£30+...  

It's available in Black as well and has a mains adapter and the time updates automatically daily over the air.

Auriol Radio-Controlled Weather Station

Displays indoor and outdoor temperature (°C/F), humidity and weather forecast
433MHz radio sensor with a range of up to 100m
Features date and time display, 2 alarm settings, temperature warning, barometer and moon phase display

Can be wall-mounted

Batteries and mains adaptor included

33160002.jpg33160002.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, andymusic said:

You would hope so, or rather I would. I was spitting feathers reading your post on how much snow you have had today. But it looks like the showers are showing up in the north this afternoon. As the wind has switched around fro NW to WNW then W and today SW it makes sense that the showers would show up your end first :) Anyway good luck to us all for the next few weeks regarding snow and cold. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Sudden wallop of snow.

That's not a mountain..... Blaenavon is one of Wales' s highest town's at 350 to 420M . .. The mountains that surround it.... the Blorenge and Coity are +550M 

Tomorrow's weather should be interesting BBC are saying rain while MET going for sleet for my area.

1 hour ago, EastAnglian said:

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Looking very marginal away from any higher elevation.....

image.thumb.png.3e23ac0584f9b90210f5fc77fad423a0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Mmmmmmmm......not sure of this.

image.thumb.png.1d542eaa0cbcc543f48a9165bb1ae58c.png

Posted

Don't really think any of them know what's going to happen regards to snow over night no forecast is clear at the moment , December's snow event was forecast as rain ?! So let's just wait and see shall we ?