Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Sunshine starting dog walk, then mini snowstorm and whitewash of valley , now back to blue skies and sun.  Who says dog walking ain’t exciting.. And oooh goody, have another dog to walk at two.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tips

This map does not represent the layer of snow that will be on the ground in the end. Indeed, it is a map of snowfall precipitation which does not take into account either the melting, the difficulty of the snow to hold or the existing layer. In addition, the AROME / ARPEGE models give the equivalent amount of water in the snowfall, that is to say the number of mm of precipitation fallen and not the true snow layer. An average approximation of a 10: 1 ratio is used here (ie 1 mm of precipitation gives 1 cm of snow) but this ratio is in fact variable: higher if lighter snow, lower if heavier / wet snow. 

Screenshot_20200226-151848_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Reports from South Wales if possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Heavy wet snow, not settling down here but white hills around

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Had some snow falling here from a shower as well, although none of it settled.

Quite windy as well with two 22mph gusts which is high considering the station is around only 6ft off of the ground in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

St David's day 10k cancelled tomorrow due to flooding in bute park today 

Posted

Big horrible horizontal wet snow!  Yeuch!

Posted

Today has been wild,very rare to have SW gales with snow falling,still got a patchy covering.

Snowing now but its somewhat wetter.

Posted

Staying cold all this week as the jet dives south,calming down alot but snow chances high as -5c upper air with us most of the week.

Still got some snow left from yesterday,extra sprinkling of snow/hail too,also 1 snow shower.

Snowiest time of the year end of february early march.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

The weather is bizarre sometimes - it was nearly 10C here in central Cardiff a few minutes ago and now it's snowing outside. I'm giving up! 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Liam Ellis said:

The weather is bizarre sometimes - it was nearly 10C here in central Cardiff a few minutes ago and now it's snowing outside. I'm giving up! 

Snowing today? In Cardiff?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather
18 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Snowing today? In Cardiff?

Yes! Yesterday. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Very quiet in here - hope everyone is OK in view of current headlines.....  In fairness the weather has been quiet this week and not really worth getting excited about.  The wind has dropped at last and there has been a fair amount of sunshine between a few light showers.  Most of the rain has fallen overnight for a change!  A couple of overcast but otherwise dry days has allowed river levels to fall and the ground is beginning to dry out. There are many signs of Spring last with snowdrops and daffs in abundance and we've suddenly acquired a huge mound of fogs spawn in the pond - let's hope that's not too premature!   The weather ahead looks changeable so no point in trying to find a spell of warm and settled weather yet but you never know - it could pop up with the least amount of advance notice!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

What is going on??  It's hammering down out there and a stormy wind is testing the roof - AGAIN.   Sounds at least as bad as Dennis and even if it didn't warrant a name anywhere else I think I've got a name I could use.....  I've really had enough now - has some alien race discovered a way to control the weather and decided to ruin every weekend non-stop for four months ?   Just to demoralise us?   Well, It's working. 

Moan over.  Night all.  I'll just have to let the sound of wind and rain lull me to sleep....