Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Hope you all stay safe in Wales especially in and around the red warning, could be a few hours until the peak from the run off from hills and looking like another pulse is on the way from the southwest and somewhat of another squall line further north ⚠⚠⚠

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I hope your all ok, look after yourselves and stay safe 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Can't see us getting any snow this winter the way it's going. More rain to come this week.

After all the rain and flooding I doubt anyone will care now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Heavy hail shower rattling through now.  OH out walking Norman on the tops now, so probably snowing on him.  Glad I’m tucked up with cats by fire......

Posted

*Llinell hyrddwynt / Squall line*

Roedd hi'n bwrw cenllysg yn drwm iawn o dan y llinell  -  It was hailing very heavily under the line
Digonedd o fellt a tharanau hefyd!                                 - And plenty of thunder and lightning to boot!
image.thumb.png.682dee389a638e9bfeeac283bd41a045.png

Golygfa 
gaeafol iawn - Very wintry scene
IMG_0494.thumb.JPG.98e25076adcaa91f7dc3854b0ecde875.JPG

IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.9c21f374cc5a9f7ab6633d5707eec9c7.JPG

IMG_0491.thumb.JPG.a297b367e6f2df8e19f86926d97ef5fa.JPG

Plymodd y tymheredd o 8C i 2c - iasoer yn y gwynt!..... Temperature plummeted from 8C to 2C  brrr ,,,Very chilly in the wind!!

Edited by Bryn Webster
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
9 hours ago, beatpete said:

Might need a bigger shovel... my house this morning

P1870009.JPG

Oh mate!  That looks terrible.  Serious commiserations.  If I lived nearer I'd be down there with a big shovel to help dig that lot out.  Hope you get it sorted before the next monsoon arrives!   Meanwhile went to have a look at Cenarth Falls today - but the river had risen so high the huge boulders were totally submerged beneath probably 2m+ of flood water.  The river is a raging torrent which is currently almost at the top of the arches beneath the medieval bridge at Cenarth - don't know how these old bridges stand up to the pressure but they must have built them well in the old days! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Absolute unbelievable scenes in some parts of Wales today, hope every one stays safe tonight. Further heavy showers expected but at least the persistent rain passed but too late for some areas as seen in some of that crazy dangerous footage from today. 

• Like 1

Posted

Major rivers like the Severn and Avon getting national coverage, as expected, but lesser rivers in Wales also causing severe conditions for many locals, for example the River Teifi.  

WWW.TIVYSIDEADVERTISER.CO.UK

STORM Dennis brought flooding throughout the Teifi Valley this weekend.

image.thumb.jpeg.3e72774d3a42044f8d1d1c4bba67b5e6.jpeg

The medieval bridge at Llechryd (above) was submerged - completely under the water, parapet walls and all - and the main road between Cardigan and Newcastle Emlyn closed by flooding.  Many homes are affected in this area.  You have to hope that these conditions will not be repeated again for many years but I suspect this is slowly becoming the new 'normal'......

Edited by Sky Full
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Absolutely chucking it down here in Deiniolen (north west Wales). Quite a lot of rain to fall in the next 24 hours, it’ll be interesting to see how the area will cope with more rain. Winds picking up too. 

Local temperature: 6C

Posted

After all this mild constant  westerly flow a change to a more N westerly flow.Colder air with heavy persistent  wintry showers taking over come Wednesday and Thursday with a covering of snow in Wales.especially places exposed the the Nwest windsScreenshot_20200220-134448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84ae84da20b22aaefb70f047d5995ebf.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
Error
  • Like 1

Posted

It's a dull grey morning here with a strong, cold, gusty N/NW wind blowing.  I should be pleased - it's not raining!   The starlings are doing their best to take over the bird feeders and I suppose I can't blame them - there can't be much food around out there at this time of year.  Have to give the smaller birds a chance though so I don't let the starlings hang around too long.....  Must get out and repair some fences.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

More heavy rain here in north west Wales again today. Had a lovely drive around Snowdonia yesterday with a few scattered wintry showers. The views as always were breathtaking 

A57DD7E8-16C7-49AB-B9EA-881FE526AC51.jpeg

BC205449-A8C9-4547-9993-5BFF70F1B792.jpeg

3CEF9EB8-4C0B-4B36-9360-0143225BF25B.jpeg

6C835205-CAEE-4AD1-893F-6D2B98628051.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

As is happening over the Pennines, a very pronounced rain shadow, with a very wet North West Wales contrasting with a windy but dry North East of Wales with glimpses of sunshine now and then.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Liam Ellis said:

More heavy rain here in north west Wales again today. Had a lovely drive around Snowdonia yesterday with a few scattered wintry showers. The views as always were breathtaking 

Stunning pictures!  The weather looks great too. . Took our first ever ride on the Vale of Rheidol railway from Aber to Devils Bridge and back on Wednesday and it rained all day!  But the scenery was beautiful - even in the rain - and I'll have to go back in better weather.   We do have the best landscapes here in Wales by far, which more than makes up for the weather (and it's not like this all the time...!).

Posted

image.thumb.png.d56d14474ecd9a1da7c40a355c8a143f.png

On 20/02/2020 at 13:54, keithlucky said:

After all this mild constant  westerly flow a change to a more N westerly flow.Colder air with heavy persistent  wintry showers taking over come Wednesday and Thursday with a covering of snow in Wales.especially places exposed the the Nwest windsScreenshot_20200220-134448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84ae84da20b22aaefb70f047d5995ebf.jpg

Rain turning to snow Thursday heavy in places with further spells  of snowto follow.Screenshot_20200220-134448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.84ae84da20b22aaefb70f047d5995ebf.jpg

Edited by keithlucky