Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Thank you @Sky High.  It’s all gone a bit horizontal rain again here and river meadows soaked, with Ceiriog River almost overflowing, which is saying something as it’s the second fastest flowing river in Wales.  Local flooding on the plain, culverts overflowing.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

We just had the most intense period of heavy rain and violent wind over the last 20 minutes so I guess that's the 'squall line' passing through....  Suddenly much quieter and a little brighter here and I'm hoping the worst is over.  It certainly arrived on time - 12:00 noon was the forecast peak of the storm for this area - and with any luck the wind and rain will gradually subside now although it looks like there will be further peaks before the storm passes completely.  Have had some lightweight fencing damaged but not too serious otherwise so we might have got off lightly!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

The weather has been a bit rough today to say the least. Hope everyone is ok and hasn't suffered any damage..anyone know when the worst of the winds are due to pass?seems that rain is going to pass through soon 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Ceiriog has burst its banks at Llanarmon, Tregeiriog and  Pandy, smaller tributary streams causing widespread, but not deep, flooding.  Some buildings hit by fallen trees and outside now its blue skies and slight wind.  Nature huh!

• Like 1

Posted

Squallette coming over, temps dropped to 8, winds picked up.  

• Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Squallette coming over, temps dropped to 8, winds picked up.  

75 mph gust recorded over mumbles ,enjoy the heavy wintry showers over Monday Tuesday heavy at times with temporary. snow cover any were in Wales especially North Wales.Weather watch required for Wednesday as LP drags colder air from the North good covering of snow expected in favored places.LAMPOST WATCHING ALERT LOL!!!

• Like 3

Posted
24 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

75 mph gust recorded over mumbles ,enjoy the heavy wintry showers over Monday Tuesday heavy at times with temporary. snow cover any were in Wales especially North Wales.Weather watch required for Wednesday as LP drags colder air from the North good covering of snow expected in favored places.LAMPOST WATCHING ALERT LOL!!!

I hope we do get snow, as I’ve chopped enough wood for it!  Need to find a working lamppost though........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

A bit blowy up here today - nothing extraordinary. Rain an issue though. 

Edited by in the vale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
3 hours ago, snefnug said:

I hope we do get snow, as I’ve chopped enough wood for it!  Need to find a working lamppost though........

Me too... Have to drive over a mile! Got a lighthouse though

• Like 3

Posted

Precipitation with hail? Sleet? Anyway it is precipitating.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Four out of the six highest wind gusts yesterday as shown on ITV weather were in Wales!

Aberdaron.      93 mph

Capel Curig.    89 mph

Lake Vyrnwy    86 mph

Aberporth         82 mph

There were significantly stronger gusts on mountain tops, of course, but those shown above were recorded at lower altitudes.   Hope everyone came out unscathed - some of the pictures this morning show flooding in our area and I hope the people affected get all the help they need.  Not something you want to experience in the middle of winter.

Meanwhile, this morning has dawned bright and breezy with the sun just appearing in a sky dotted with pinkish clouds - the calm after the storm, in fact.  More winds expected at the end of week though which will need watching......

Edited by Sky Full
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Do we have any reports. Radar is suggesting sleet, can you confirm your current snow line via posting what it’s doing for you guys.

• Like 2

Posted

Snowing on the tops currently sleeting in Glyn Ceiriog 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Wet snow in Rhayader, 700 ft asl. Not settling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Hill opposite gone white, suggest above 1200ft approx.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi all. Just wandering onto this section in the hope that there is someone in/near Newport. Hoping to head down tomorrow for some football but I know they play on a rugby pitch and so it doesn’t take much for the games to be off! How is it there? As long as you aren’t getting a deluge of rain I think it’ll be okay! 
Thanks! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
4 hours ago, Sky Full said:

Four out of the six highest wind gusts yesterday as shown on ITV weather were in Wales!

Aberdaron.      93 mph

Capel Curig.    89 mph

Lake Vyrnwy    86 mph

Aberporth         82 mph

There were significantly stronger gusts on mountain tops, of course, but those shown above were recorded at lower altitudes.   Hope everyone came out unscathed - some of the pictures this morning show flooding in our area and I hope the people affected get all the help they need.  Not something you want to experience in the middle of winter.

Meanwhile, this morning has dawned bright and breezy with the sun just appearing in a sky dotted with pinkish clouds - the calm after the storm, in fact.  More winds expected at the end of week though which will need watching......

Not all of Wales had those kind of winds though as here to the west of Wales it didn't seem much stronger then what we have had in previous storms.

I think it must have peaked in the early hours for us as I only managed a 41mph gust up the road in the afternoon, which at the time I thought was pretty weird as everyone else in the country seemed to be getting storm force to hurricane force gusts of 60-90mph. 

• Like 2

Posted

Snowing and settling here in Glyn Ceiriog. 

• Like 3

Posted

352A9CBB-EC19-45A9-887E-27C01B60D361.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Big fat feathers of snow - that be the heavenly duvet being shaken hard!  

07BD8410-95D0-48C7-B0D9-2CA00B5C4EB8.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Not sure which was more surprising...seeing the heavy rain turning to snow, or that the winds almost completely dropped out. Pretty sure that evaporative cooling is more likely when winds are light and that was the reason snow fell at lower levels than was forecast.