Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

A rather benign few weeks of weather. I'd love to see the temps drop sharpish for January and for everyone to get a good covering of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
21 hours ago, beatpete said:

No Christmas snow, but treated to a delightful sunrise complete with an inversion on christmas morning. Hope everyone is enjoying the break. No doubt Jan and Feb will deliver like its 1963..... probably   

P1610774.jpg

P1620634.jpg

P1620683.jpg

Absolutely stunning photos.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

It's another 100% overcast day today with a chilly, blustery wind too.  But it is not raining!  We might have a few dry days to end the year and that will be very welcome.  December has been memorably cloudy and wet, generally milder than we would like, with precious little sun.  Maybe January can deliver some cold frosty days with even some snow but this doesn't look likely within the next couple of weeks....  In the meantime I hope everyone had a very happy and restful Christmas with some time off to recharge before 2020 brings in the new decade!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Goodness me that’s cold out there.  Frosted bins, grass and cars.  Just nipped out to tidy up recycling containers hurled back over the gate by refuse collectors and have sharply nipped back in to the warmth.

• Like 1

Posted

A nip in the air up on the mountain top with the dog.. wind from the WNW, 7 degrees with a feel like of 4, bright sunshine for a change.. anyone in the know have any clue whether we're going to get any real winter weather any time soon?  I suffer from SAD, and will admit the gloom that seems to have gone on for weeks has me feeling very low.. not necessarily looking for snow, (though that would be lovely!) but any sign of some settled, bright, frosty weather on the horizon guys?   I have a feeling the distinct absence of AndyMusic on the forum this year kind of says a lot   I miss his ramping!  So I guess there's just nothing to ramp about this winter so far 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

A grey and drizzly day yesterday with only fleeting glimpses of blue sky.  Today it has been raining pretty heavily now since first light with a strong gusty wind.  No sign of sunshine yet but the radar suggests it might brighten up this afternoon.  Its not been a very cheerful season weather-wise and the only cause for celebration now are the daffodil bulbs which have already put their noses up above ground!  Spring cant be that far away now then, and if there's no snow at all this winter for my area at least the spring might come early!  I can't wait for the snowdrops and early daffs to brighten the hedgerows but in the meantime we will have to suffer on with this wet, grey windy weather for a few more weeks.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Rain rain and rain, 9.1c, pretty boring weather wise to be honest. If i don't get any winter weather here this winter, would at least like some on a nearby mountain on a day off so i can go see some snowfall this winter, will that be too much to ask? Haha

• Like 1

Posted
On 03/01/2020 at 15:04, lynncradick said:

A nip in the air up on the mountain top with the dog.. wind from the WNW, 7 degrees with a feel like of 4, bright sunshine for a change.. anyone in the know have any clue whether we're going to get any real winter weather any time soon?  I suffer from SAD, and will admit the gloom that seems to have gone on for weeks has me feeling very low.. not necessarily looking for snow, (though that would be lovely!) but any sign of some settled, bright, frosty weather on the horizon guys?   I have a feeling the distinct absence of AndyMusic on the forum this year kind of says a lot   I miss his ramping!  So I guess there's just nothing to ramp about this winter so far 

nothing to say as yet - because we had a very mild one last year, lots of folks were thinking we may get a decent winter this year, not looking so good though again - although as with each winter of late, late feb and march seem to deliver something before spring takes hold - todays charts look a little "cooler" but nothing in the freezer showing yet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Goodness!  After a day of no higher than 7 and a beautiful wolf moon rising, with temps at 6pm of 4 c,  it’s now windy and 8 degrees.  Sheesh.!

Posted

Happy 2020 all. Worst Winter weatherwise of my lifetime this. Even 2013/14 saw a visit or two to the model thread... That had some impressive storms at least - this has the most consistently damp, grey, mild and benign in some time. Some impressive falls of snow aside (March 2018) we haven't had an actual winter proper since 2012/13. A run that beats the 90s hands down.  

Time to build ourselves some 2000 metre high cities I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Rain still falling, but the barometer is rising (1mb/hr) up to 1009mb...the end is in sight at last.

• Like 1

Posted

Ooh excitement.  A few snowflakes in  The drecky downpouring?❄️

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Ooh excitement.  A few snowflakes in  The drecky downpouring?❄️

Yep, saw a few mixed in with the rain here. 

Shame everywhere is totally saturated and waterlogged  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

If any of you are able to provide pressure readings on Sunday / Monday that would be great  

3 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

This is a thread to monitor the pressure recordings during the upcoming spell of high pressure over the UK, I think the main focus will be on Wales as indications are that the pressure will be close to equaling the record if not breaking it. Wales Highest: 27 January 1992, Sennybridge, Powys 1049.2 hPa.  nmm-2-75-0.thumb.png.e22adb05565ca882877077f40a6a5056.png iconeu_uk1-2-77-0.thumb.png.2147504fe5bdc0a684a5495adf7bf5e9.png Cardiff ensembles as an example 

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

La météo en temps réel et prévisions météo pour la France, Observations météo, modèles numériques et logiciels météo (GFS, ECMWF, UKMO, GEM, AROME, ARPEGE, JMA)

I will keep monitoring and update if any changes but as things stand if there are any Welsh members with their own weather stations that could provide pressure readings on Sunday / Monday that would be great. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

If any of you are able to provide pressure readings on Sunday / Monday that would be great  

Will do

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Hail showers @ Strumble head.

The dry cows needed snorkels the ground is so wet.

IMG_20200104_103740.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Coo, proper hard frost this morning and oh joy, not, the overflowing road drain has made ice rink of road.  Hear the sliding tyres go by.  The table thing is the cat pagoda and enemy lookout on the woodshed.....

3A5B1868-001E-4F18-8670-F687B8F01A42.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Evening all as of 10.25pm our pressure here on the coast is 1049.1...

If anyone would like to check here is the link x

WWW.MHPA.CO.UK

Weather feed for the Milford Haven Waterway at Pembroke Dock Ferry Terminal, Pembrokeshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well it certainly had felt a bit more winter like with cool days and cold nights, today we had some frost linger in shaded spots for quite a long time into the day. Temp down to 1.4c now so probably another frosty night, nice to have a bit of seasonal feel!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

Looks like snow or heavy sleet in Llandudno at the moment... 

webcam-blank-b.jpg
WWW.WESTSHOREBEACHCAFE.COM

This North Wales webcam shows views from the West Shore of Llandudno across to Penmaenmawr, Puffin Island, Angelesey and the south west of the Great Orme.

Although just up the coast at Penmaenmawr it's reported as cold rain!

Edited by Selliso

Posted

Light dusting of snow on cars, now sleety rain.