Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Today simply summed up as wet....roll on the hunt for snow ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Hello fellow Welshman.

I've decided to join this thread as I've just arrived in Barmouth for a weeks holiday (yesterday).

Mostly sunny yesterday afternoon but with a very strong breeze coming from off the Irish Sea. Temp was only about 17/18°C. The evening felt distinctly autumnal indeed.

Sounds better than Friday's weather anyway.

Funny, I went to the NE coast in May last year and it was all E/NE 'lies and now I'm on the west coast it's forecast to be W/SW 'lies all week.

Can't escape those chilly sea breezes!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted

This morning in Barmouth, Wales: Sunny Intervals, Breezy, Temp 16.

• Like 1

Posted

Very breezy at the beach today. Wind coming straight off the sea. Warm in the sun, chilly in the wind. Sand blowing in your face.  Horrible.

• Like 1

Posted

Another autumnal evening here in Barmouth.

Overcast with Intermittent Rain and a chilly breeze. Feels colder now as well. It could be October.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Cool but mostly dry and partly sunny yesterday.  Cool but wet and 100% overcast this morning.  Very Autumnal.  We have some friends from London visiting next week and I would love them to enjoy warm and dry weather for their trip to Wales but I am worried that the late summer heatwave predicted to occur in the south east might not reach this far west.....  

I must say it would be good to have another spell of warm and dry weather before the Autumn sets in properly.

What we can guarantee is some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere in the UK and a break from the muggy, overheated capital....  

Posted

Another damp, overcast start this morning although the wind is light and it's a little warmer than the last couple of mornings.  No sign of the skies clearing yet but I'm hoping to see the sun before midday if the weather forecast is accurate.  If we can only clear away the low cloud before the weekend then we could have a couple of very pleasant days ahead.  After that, it's uncertain whether next week will return to cloudy and wet, or sunny and dry!    

Posted

Today has been completely overcast, with a strong south westerly wind and feeling cooler.  Still, I suppose it is the 1st October on Sunday so not unseasonal.

Wait.  Did you say Sunday is only the 1st September?  What......We're still in AUGUST????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Just had the rain band pass through.  Feeling cooler behind it - dare I say it, somewhat autumnal in the breeze.

• Like 1

Posted

Today dawned bright and sunny, light winds and cloudless skies.  As the day progressed we had a few light cumulus clouds appearing and the breeze picked up but the sun was the winner overall.  A little cool in the shade but in the sun it was a lovely day for the 1st of October  the 1st of September!  I wouldn't complain if we had another two weeks of these conditions but Dorian might have something to say about that by next weekend.....

Posted

Just checking in - been a fairly good summer this year a part from a couple of weeks in August - was a mild winter last year - as we head slowly towards our next one - there's a good percentage chance that it could be a little more active on the cold side - we shall see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Posted
On 8 September 2019 at 14:18, dbaloo said:

'nuff said....

• Like 1

Posted

It's a damp and drizzly start to the day here with grey overcast skies, BUT the models are showing some lovely weather for Wales over the next few days.  It could be unusually dry, too.  Here are the expected total rainfall charts for the next 10 days from the GFS and GEM:

image.thumb.png.32608881ddaed31f6c24e4459d7ec051.png  image.thumb.png.d030d8bca3f0ba2de02878afa8b091dd.png

Thats 10 days total, and it means some parts could go almost without any rain for this period.  In fairness, other models are showing higher totals, but it looks very likely that we will all enjoy a spell of sunny, relatively dry and warm weather over the next few days.  

Posted

Well, we might be expecting a relatively dry few days coming up, but today has been relentlessly wet here.....  Didn't think we were in for such a damp day according to earlier forecasts, but the rain just kept coming and coming.  Looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow to make up for it!

Posted

Certainly can't complain about boring repetitive sunny days here in west Wales!  After a lovely sunny day on Saturday we had 100% overcast all day yesterday although it was quite warm and it stayed dry.  This morning we again have a drab, cloudy start and we have had a little light rain overnight.  The weather front which is responsible for this cloud is gradually moving away and breaking up anyway, so we should be able to see the sun again soon - but maybe not today!  The next few days are set to be fair and dry but I expect we will still have some light cloud around at times.  Not much if any rain is forecast and it continues to be a drier than average year in this area.  I wonder if we will have to pay for this in late Autumn....  Given the extreme weather events we have witnessed in so many parts of the world this year i just can't help wondering if Mother Nature has something nasty planned for us this Winter.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Second morning now where I have switched heating on for an hour At 6: 30 am to take the chill off.  Yesterday set off to town layered up with woollies - cardigan, scarf, hat - temps being a brisk 4degrees c in the valley.  Oswestry was a good 5 degrees warmer and full of folk wearing shorts and wondering if I was nesh......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

What a fabulous day, as was yesterday, sun, warm wind, butterflies fluttering, ladybirds whizzing and very very lazy large dumbledores drowsily flopped on the sedums.  Leaves beginning to fall, garden spiders spinning webs everywhere.  Marred only by two plasterers working next door, with thick Liverpudlian accents, swearing and arguing when not belching.....   have been uber polite and asked them to “please tone it down”.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Surprisingly we had a few deep rumbles of thunder yesterday evening and I saw one flash of lightning in the distance.

Its the only time we have had thundery weather for the whole year.

Posted
18 hours ago, wimblettben said:

Surprisingly we had a few deep rumbles of thunder yesterday evening and I saw one flash of lightning in the distance.

Its the only time we have had thundery weather for the whole year.

We had a short-lived storm on Saturday evening - like you, the first time I have seen lightning this year.  The rain was intense for an hour or so, and there was some brilliant cloud to cloud lightning, but it passed over towards the north and the rain eased up around 8:30pm.  Looking at the radar it was fairly local.

Posted

Aannddd all change...  rain off and on all day, constant now.  Murky, misty, log burner on, cats in.  Leek, chicken and mushroom bake for supper. 

Posted

Yes, we are in for a few rainy days now if these rainfall accumulation charts are anything to go by:

The next 6 days total rainfall for Wales according to the....

GFS...                                                            ECM....

image.thumb.png.9825344fe37423e6470fdb0ea9d7a004.png    image.thumb.png.e71f5fcdaa1d45a59626ed7632660f86.png

Some very wet weather for some of us - keep the umbrella and wellies handy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
57 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Yes, we are in for a few rainy days now if these rainfall accumulation charts are anything to go by:

The next 6 days total rainfall for Wales according to the....

GFS...                                                            ECM....

image.thumb.png.9825344fe37423e6470fdb0ea9d7a004.png    image.thumb.png.e71f5fcdaa1d45a59626ed7632660f86.png

Some very wet weather for some of us - keep the umbrella and wellies handy!

I wonder if that wet weather will also have some lightning in them like some of the showers we have had this morning.

Posted

First cold plunge on the way with widespread snow Across central Europe,around October the 5th perfect timing for my trip to Zurich!