Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

The possibility of significant rainfall totals for some areas is being proposed by one or two models for this week so here are the currently predicted totals for the next five days according to:

GFS            image.thumb.png.f9c0e61115171a2c2ac398fafebd24e3.png

ARPEGE    image.thumb.png.52ce1822a3d8a89ca254c7428b53b47b.png

UKMO.      image.thumb.png.844f8ced5df39512c7723ac028691d59.png

We do like to trash the GFS and the ARPEGE from time to time but I like to think the MetOffice can be relied upon not to exaggerate.  In the above charts even the UKMO indicates that up to 12cm of rain could fall in north Wales this week.  Not a huge total in Winter but fairly significant at this time of year.  Other models are available, of course, and some are much less pessimistic so perhaps it'll never happen......

Posted

We escaped the worst weather yesterday and in Manorbier, Saundersfoot and Tenby there was almost unbroken sunshine all afternoon with quite decent temperatures.  It's a different story this morning with rain already set in by dawn and looks likely to persist all day on and off.  Still not as bad as other parts of the country though.  Yet.  

Not to worry - we still have July, August and September to come.....

Posted

Steady rain all day - even in Cardigan earlier - and all this evening.  Looks like it's going to go on all night and maybe tomorrow as well....  At least it's not particularly heavy but the total amount is accumulating now and we might reach 40mm by Thursday morning.  Lovely weather for the ducks...

Posted

So it didn't rain ALL day yesterday - there were a few breaks and even about 5 minutes of sunshine!  But the rain is back again this morning and I gather it's the same story in many other places.  The rain isn't the main adverse factor of the current poor spell of weather, though - it's the unseasonably low temperatures.  We have had to have the heating back on again in the evenings as the house is simply not warming up during the day.  Nothing is growing properly (except the grass which is in need of cutting but has been too wet for days now) and the garden looks bedraggled most of the time.  However, despite the rain, the local culverts are still not running and streams are not showing signs of flooding in this area at least.  Just goes to show how dry the ground was to begin with and it's easy to forget that we had three of four weeks of  below average rainfall before the current wet spell.  Early signs are appearing of a possible improvement for next week so let's hope we return to proper summer by the end of the month!

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

The rain has finally stopped after a brutal couple of days. River Alyn has burst its banks at Rossett, and the river levels are very high at Bangor on Dee. Roads flooded and surrounding fields now resembling Vietnamese rice paddies. To top things off, the temperatures have been wretchedly poor for the time of year, indeed I’ve experienced warmer Christmases than what we’ve gone through, even now the temperature is at a diabolical 11c.

Flaming June my Arsenal..

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy but at least it's dry and calm this morning.  I wonder how long I will have to wait before the next sunny dawn happens.  For the time being we must be grateful for a dry morning although rain is forecast for later and in fact every day over the weekend too!  If there is any balance in nature then we must be in for an extremely hot dry period at some time later this year....

Posted

Yesterday wasn't too bad - only a light shower or two and some reasonably bright periods in the afternoon, but still felt cold in the wind.  There's no getting away from it - this June has been a poor month for summer weather.  This morning we have a dreary, overcast start and we had a torrential cloudburst for half an hour before 7:00am.  The rain has eased off now but it's predicted to return later and continue tomorrow with very little sun and below average temperatures.  There doesnt appear to be much hope for improvement in the immediate future so my hopes for warmth and sun are now pinned on July....

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Light drizzle here this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Looking back to comments a year ago, glorious wall to wall sunshine then building up to the loooong hot summer.  Swings, roundabouts and all that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Wall to wall blinkin rain.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed this Summer so far, I am a rain fan and not a fan of the sun at all.

It is feeling rather muggy and humid here today - Despite losing the Met Office warning, I wonder if we'll be lucky enough to see some storms overnight.

• Like 1

Posted

Very much an improving picture in this area - the rain moved away yesterday and was followed by a quite cool but misty night and a dull cloudy start this morning.  Gradually the cloud has thinned out today and there have been a few sunny spells this afternoon during which the temperature shot up.  It has become very humid and the temperature looks like remaining in double figures over night.  If so, and if the sun comes out early tomorrow, I expect we will see over 20C for only the second time this year!   The forecast is confident of higher temperatures still by Friday when we might get to the dizzy heights of 27C!   So Summer managed to show its face during June after all, despite the poor start, and maybe this will continue into July.   We can only hope!

Posted
9 hours ago, Sky Full said:

...........  If so, and if the sun comes out early tomorrow, I expect we will see over 20C for only the second time this year!   ..........

Oh dear.  Another dull, misty start here.  No sign of the sun.  I'm sure there's a blue sky up there somewhere but it's hiding from us again this morning.  I think the sun is going to show itself later though, so I'm still hopeful of some bright and warm conditions - maybe this afternoon?

Posted

Another cloudy start today but much more humid and feeling warmer right from first thing.  As the day went on the clouds began to thin and blue skies appeared at last!  This afternoon we managed to reach the giddy heights of 20C but tomorrow promises to be much warmer - if the clouds can stay away.   A lovely evening here now with a cloudless sky as the sun begins to go down, cooling off nicely and less humid which should allow a comfortable nights sleep (with any luck!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Another foggy overcast day not warm at all and windy......

Posted

Cold east winds this morning.......cant wait for the heat........lol......

Posted

It's a beautiful morning here in Pembrokeshire with wall to wall blue sky and sunshine right from the off.  A very light almost non-existent breeze barely moving the trees and warm enough to go out in shirtsleeves at 6:30am.   The garden is in full bloom with colour everywhere and it promises to be a proper June day - not before time!  We can look forward to three days of dry and settled weather now which begins to make up for the weeks of cloudy, wet and cool conditions we have suffered so far.  After a cool-down next week the first week of July is also looking promising with dry and settled conditions returning - but at this distance I don't believe what those weather models say ..... they do like to get us worked up and then disappoint us, don't they!

Posted

Suns out now ........