Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Light snow....Temp 0.0C got about 2-3cm on grassy surfaces

Posted

this low pressure is pivoting , again, looks like it's weakening but again, moisture this time from the English channel looks like it wants to feed it another time.. as it starts a new venture .. this low is one thirsty spinner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
5 minutes ago, ancientsolar said:

this low pressure is pivoting , again, looks like it's weakening but again, moisture this time from the English channel looks like it wants to feed it another time.. as it starts a new venture .. this low is one thirsty spinner.

To me it looks like its creeping back west ever so slightly, weakening however but the sea trying to keep some moisture going

Posted

I wouldn't want to be driving on the heads tonight! Tredegar's cam has poor visibility at the moment so here's the ones next door..... Rhymney and Ebbw Vale

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Travelling back from Morriston earlier today around 5pm. Some light snow there with no covering, steadily got heavier on the way back with lying snow on higher areas. Driving up to our estate, all surfaces covered.

Further moderate to heavy snow until about 7. Probably 2-5cm depending on surface.With light patchy snow since then, don't think it is really adding anything to the lying snow atm.

Posted

It's coming fairly thick here with a decent covering. It looks like the rest of the night will see continuous moderate snow rather than anything overly heavy, which I think most of us will be happy with. The Met Office's hourly forecast for my closest location, updated at 21:00 (which, bear in mind, has limited human input) now shows this:

1480158643_Screenshot2019-01-31at21_24_07.thumb.png.e83aec7c67e4b55aab96c5d6162b0b2d.png

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

To me it looks like its creeping back west ever so slightly, weakening however but the sea trying to keep some moisture going

Definetly pepped up and backed a bit further west we have around 2-4cm :-) 20190131_211803.thumb.jpg.92aa125f672eeb6ecc7a99ad0181a309.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

Well I take back what I said earlier....an hour or so of moderate snowfall has given a couple of cm's and still snowing!

Posted

Finally coming down heavy and starting to give a covering. Can't really get a decent photo of it though... Given how late it's got going I think it's only right it hangs round for a bit too! IMG_20190131_212910.thumb.jpg.ba56d177102496b38fde805fe8e2722d.jpg

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

It's coming fairly thick here with a decent covering. It looks like the rest of the night will see continuous moderate snow rather than anything overly heavy, which I think most of us will be happy with. The Met Office's hourly forecast for my closest location, updated at 21:00 (which, bear in mind, has limited human input) now shows this:

1480158643_Screenshot2019-01-31at21_24_07.thumb.png.e83aec7c67e4b55aab96c5d6162b0b2d.png

To be fair, IMBY the met app hasn't been far off today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

The met office for Port Talbot says nothing, BBC pretty much has light snow until 5am. Plus the radar still has a huge patch of snow over us. I'm a little confused.

Posted
1 minute ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Well, I love snow, but prefer to look at it from my centrally heated house from the bedroom window. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

I see theres less whinging in here tonight   We might have missed the start but we going to have a good ending to the snow story.

Well, some of us never lost faith

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

I see theres less whinging in here tonight   We might have missed the start but we going to have a good ending to the snow story.

It certainly made up for it in the end! been moderately snowing here for the past few hours with plenty more to come according to the radar.