Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

ECM now - got the leading front which has been over Wales.

32D24B56-187D-460B-8AE5-4D57C629A059.thumb.jpeg.9b63d7fa6e6bd2baafff1bf0839127fa.jpeg

10pm - good area of precip over SE Wales

6427AF00-3A17-42FD-A256-A33F58350076.thumb.jpeg.858eea1df51618f7297fd9925f10e8d2.jpeg

Front is now pivoting more south than earlier expected and in earlier models runs. ECM has this for 2/3am. This was further north on earlier runs. Look how more of central southern England now in chance of widespread snowfall too. Liam Dutton tweeted about this.

E27D6080-382D-4584-AE70-A599D5528744.thumb.png.ff3f714fac5f3ebb8a59aa8268baa7de.png

Stop panicking everyone! Especially SE Wales, still looks ok.

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 2

Posted

Snizzling a bit with me now. What @Jayfromcardiff and @bradythemole say is true- it is looking better on the radar. But given what's happened so far this evening, I'm reluctant to get my hopes back up again- if the greens on the radar look like hitting us that may change of course.

Edited by RhysWales
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Remind me again how to engage the idiot filter? 

And now we wait to see if that pivot and push north happens. Could be an interesting night of radar watching

Posted

Blimey! I've got whiplash from reading these posts lol!  Still snowing heavily here, not chunky flakes though it has to be said.  guesstimate about 2cm down. 

Posted

looks like its sucking up moisture from the South Coast and back building a front 
It also looks like another front is trying to build over Cardiff forming a NE front. but very weak . 

There also seems to be some false reading on the radar between the 2 fronts.. but each could hit us and that low looks like it could be centred over the Bristol Channel.. ~ which is odd

it almost seems like there's a low off the main one.. over Tiverton which seems to be gaining strength ~ someone mentioned it way earlier about the possibility of one developing. I need more data!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Snow stopped for a bit but has started again, albeit small flakes but picking up, fingers crossed we will catch any of the heavier stiff that does manage to make if over! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
13 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Remind me again how to engage the idiot filter? 

And now we wait to see if that pivot and push north happens. Could be an interesting night of radar watching

Lampost watching alongside radar watching is the best thing!

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Precipitation starting to fill on the radar now. If you look south of Cardiff, the gaps are starting to fill again as the blues and the greens replace the gaps!

hour ago 

E72A2D78-89F1-4068-AE2C-B5FE79774804.thumb.jpeg.1644c8ec0950c7ae874dba264c4f1fdc.jpeg

now

8B62F753-9273-41E2-86A9-5BE5E4177D3B.thumb.jpeg.215d005afdfbd5f0f36b68b495a2d90e.jpeg

Still think the lines showers pushing North is our best chance of heavy snow in the early hours.

Posted

@Jayfromcardiff  am I right thinking that there's a low pressure trying to push northeastwards (from tiverton) with the fronts on it, but is also a sub low of the one SW of Cornwall ? The 3 fronts , ~ one NE Cardiff gaining strength slowly,  ~ another one pushing towards Bristol, and a final one pushing from the South Coast. Is that sub low actually stalling over the Bristol channel sucking up moisture? ?

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at sat24 it looks like most of the precip is out in the English channel with just light precip over Wales.

trans.png

Posted

I've not had a single flake and now looked at metoffice app and been downgraded grrrrr.  Fingers crossed it gets better for us all. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Sorry mate all but a few then lol

No i said before people started moaning later was better it always was . Moan when its over not half way through it.

• Like 3