Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Even though I'm in the supposedly perfect location at the heads of the valley,the precip is so light and fine,it's barely having an impact. Yes,there's a light covering but considering it's been snowing solid for two hours,it has to be regarded as a damp squid...so far anyway .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Unbelievably marginal for accumulation in Cardiff. City centre - wet snow and wet ground no accumulation. Whitchurch which isn’t too far at all, has a small covering. 1c difference between city centre and outskirts preventing accumulation. 

Very wet here but snow coming down.

Posted

Alright, I'm prepared to admit there does seem to be a possibility, but not a guarantee, that some of us will end up disappointed tomorrow. There is more snow on the way but it might not be as heavy as expected, leading to generally light coverings rather than thick blankets.

Time will tell, as always.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Stopped completely now in Aberdare. The snow shower that lasted 10 minutes the other day left way more snow than this event. 

There's no way the second front is going to make it here. As it hits land it's just evaporating further south. 

Not quite sure why we are in an amber zone here. The heavy stuff just hasn't made it out of the south west 

Edited by JamesL

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Alright, I'm prepared to admit there does seem to be a possibility, but not a guarantee, that some of us will end up disappointed tomorrow. There is more snow on the way but it might not be as heavy as expected, leading to generally light coverings rather than thick blankets.

Time will tell, as always.

sadly looks like the front and pivot are not as expected - as is with snow you can never tell until it arrives

Am still hopeful though that it will intensify later  

am praying

Posted

Not negativity, but harsh reality, been snowing for hours but so light with so little progress inland i can't see the next fronts making any progress, game over for us in Pontardawe. To hills at the weekend....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

still heavy up here

You must have your own micro climate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Still going strong here heavy wet snow

• Like 1

Posted

The odd flake blowing around in the wind here. Get the west region TV where I live- and Ian Ferguson just mentioned the fact it's all moving a lot slower than anticipated and it's touch and go whether it makes it to the northern areas of the SW, so doesn't bode well for us.

Unless there's a turnaround, tonight does match the rest of the winter doesn't it? I'll be a lot more dubious about background signals, SSWs, amber warnings and precipitation charts from hereon in. Take a look at the precipitation chart here, completely contradicts all of the others, but actually matches what's happening right now. Disappointing: https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/netwx-sr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Heavy down here now but very wet 

Posted

met radar showing intensity easing and no pivot happening not really seeing much chance of any real heavy snow from this system tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Coming down constantly increasing in intensity, but struggling to stick on the hard surfaces,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Hmmmm....just maybe this will be a non event tonight. Hope not but there is a real possibility it could be

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
2 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Hmmmm....just maybe this will be a non event tonight. Hope not but there is a real possibility it could be

No maybe about it.

Posted

Unbelievable that they have multi-million pound computer processing equipment at their disposal and they can't even forecast a bit of frontal snow, even a few hours in advance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

BBC Wales trying to make dowlais top look much more dramatic than what it is

Posted

Yes as others have alluded too, front is decaying rapidly, slight dusting so far but not expecting much more and in fact places like Swansea with a little height could do better than the valleys. 

I have been watching the front decay about 20 miles south of me all day, which is surprising given some of the models wanted to take the percipitation towards Manchester. 

Awh well onto the next one. 

Posted

I just watched weather on TV and looks like my prediction earlier that some disagreed with that it stops by 9 to 9.30. Wasnt trying to be negative either just seeing it as best as I could. Cannot imagine many areas had 4 inches as predicted.  

Anyway me I rather weather like we had last June and July but nice to see the snow for kids. Still 6 weeks to go for snow lovers. 

Posted

There seems to be little doubt now that the front is decaying in situ and besides, the amber warning expires at 9. It's not out of the question that it'll all come together but it's beginning to look less likely.

I apologise to anyone whose hopes I kept high throughout the day. Everything did seem to be going to plan until it just... wasn't. There are also going to be a lot of irritated people tomorrow as many schools have pre-emptively closed.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 4

Posted

well, what does this mean for the next 2-3 days, does the lack of pivot and pace of the system alter what comes after Friday ? 
Will these showers behind the system make more of an impact on the UK than the main snow ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

I can c the excuses from the met already, we issued an amber warning due to the snow arriving during rush hour. When did 2-8cm become an amber warning? I've probably got the amount of snow that was forecast for here but I still can't get my head around y it was an amber warning 

• Like 2