Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, Panayiotis said:

The precipitation is evaporating before it hits the ground, wait for the heavier stuff 

nahhhhhhhh - it's not happy about the dreaded "brexit" and refuses to play ball lol

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

nahhhhhhhh - it's not happy about the dreaded "brexit" and refuses to play ball lol

Are we still on track Andy - you been quiet in here today and that concerns me!

Edited by CRACKPOT
Didn't type anything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Wind picking up 22km/ph gusts to 39 . 

ESE. Still 2 degrees . We have had some snow :yahoo:

Gone sleety now .... but at least we have seen some without major problems to my dry cows . 

Posted

Well the school closed early...just as it started to rain lightly.  Starting to lose faith and think this is not going to happen with people reporting rain

Posted
13 minutes ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Now this is strange according to the radar it's been raining here for about 30mins, except when I went outside everything is still dry

image.png

Yep, l looking out over a wide area at 250m height, it's dry as far as the eye can see...weird

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

It’s painful just watching all that precious precip just getting wasted in the Bristol Channel it’s stalled by the look of it needs a good push north 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
3 minutes ago, Gee said:

Well the school closed early...just as it started to rain lightly.  Starting to lose faith and think this is not going to happen with people reporting rain

Light rain should turn to snow later.  The main event is not expected until probably after 4:00pm but the ICON is indicating that the snow could continue in some areas until the early hours of Friday*  Someone could get up to 10 hours of snow in that case, but not likely to be me!  At the moment it is still snowing steadily but still light and not settling.  However, we  were not expecting a blizzard, were we.... 

*nb. not all the weather models are not as optimistic as this....

• Like 2

Posted

2.5c in Tenby now and heavy sleet. Looks like a lot of precip to come. With the cold air digging back in and some evap cooling this could turn out alright...

Sent home from school at 1.30pm... Pembs CC call... let's see if it was the right one.

Posted
18 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

Are we still on track Andy - you been quiet in here today and that concerns me!

had an updated meto amber warning email stating it could be more of an "evening event" rather than pm - and there's me all dressed up for now lol - met office and beeb sometimes do have a habit of putting the kybosh on situations when calling yellow/amber warnings lol - let's hope this one doesn't go pear shaped because of that too - i still think we could have a decent covering of snow - so as with this winter - patience is the longgggggggggggggggg name of the game

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain
3 minutes ago, benb said:

2.5c in Tenby now and heavy sleet. Looks like a lot of precip to come. With the cold air digging back in and some evap cooling this could turn out alright...

Sent home from school at 1.30pm... Pembs CC call... let's see if it was the right one.

2c in Haverfordwest and still sleet with the odd flake mixed in to wet atm. Temps are falling though just need heavier precipitation.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Radio 2 just said Cambourne and Redruth in Cornwall are now having heavy snow moving northwards!  Hopefully coming our way soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

was very heavy sleet in Johnston (pembs)15 mins ago

• Like 1

Posted

I'm home in Caerphilly now.  I've been out to put lots of bird seed and suet balls for the birds and my hands are so painful from the cold.  The clouds seem high but the wind is very chilly.

I overheard a guy in work who said the snow will come after dark.  I'm new but as far as I've been told, he's the one who decides when the gritters and snow ploughs go out  

Edited by joo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

The Met office is telling me it's raining. The radar says I'm in snow. The window disagrees with everyone. Yes, I'm still here watching

Posted

My timing has been a little off... There is actually precipitation over most of Southeast Wales at the moment but it's failing to reach the ground due to evaporation, something which is common in cold air but I did expect at least some if it to reach terra firma! The moderate/heavy stuff is now fringing onto the coast around Porthcawl, though, so expect it be snowing within the next hour.

My forecast through today and tomorrow:

1731122809_Screenshot2019-01-31at15_15_01.thumb.png.b43c5c7807cd7f1cc92c6e607955ef54.png735962485_Screenshot2019-01-31at15_15_26.thumb.png.d9ad11d6c7a8fd623c7680cc57db303d.png

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

My timing has been a little off... There is actually precipitation over most of Southeast Wales at the moment but it's failing to reach the ground due to evaporation, something which is common in cold air. The moderate/heavy stuff is now fringing onto the coast around Porthcawl, though, so expect it be snowing within the next hour.

I was wondering why the radar was showing pink here for the last hour yet it was dry outside.  Didn't think about evaporation 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

My timing has been a little off... There is actually precipitation over most of Southeast Wales at the moment but it's failing to reach the ground due to evaporation, something which is common in cold air. The moderate/heavy stuff is now fringing onto the coast around Porthcawl, though, so expect it be snowing within the next hour.

My forecast through today and tomorrow:

1731122809_Screenshot2019-01-31at15_15_01.thumb.png.b43c5c7807cd7f1cc92c6e607955ef54.png735962485_Screenshot2019-01-31at15_15_26.thumb.png.d9ad11d6c7a8fd623c7680cc57db303d.png

yes heavier stuff imminent

• Like 1