Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I hope it starts tilting more W-E soon so colder air and drop back over, don't want it coming in at the angle it is and bring in any more warmer air, my temp is already 2.6c and rising! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm in work my boss said there's no flakes of snow yet so isn't concerned lol even though there's an amber!

Same here, they are convinced there will be no snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's going on with the warnings? The amber says Cardiff are in the warning bit then when you go to the forecast for Cardiff it's still yellow?

Cardiff "City" is not, but Cardiff the county is. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, hmarkd1974 said:

Same here, they are convinced there will be no snow

human conditioning - unless it's happening before your eyes - it's not happening lol - to be fair to them until it looks like there's a problem snow situation then there isn't right now obviously - think this could be a slowly developing situation anyway - so if things do look like they're gonna get tricky, you'll have time to do something about it

• Thanks 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I hope it starts tilting more W-E soon so colder air and drop back over, don't want it coming in at the angle it is and bring in any more warmer air, my temp is already 2.6c and rising! 

yes agree, should do soon although was always forecast to get to 4c for us low lying coastal areas before it drops back. So nervous, fingers crossed. Knife edge indeed for us down towards the coast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Sky is gradually getting darker in Cardiff Bay with the occasional spot of rain/sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

To my untrained eyes it looks like the front has stalled so maybe now it will start to tilt??

Posted
44 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Where does that cover?

_generate.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Schools are closing in Pontllanfraith - busses coming at 1.30pm apparantly

Same here in Hengoed my nephew's school is closing at half 1 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Schools are closing in Pontllanfraith - busses coming at 1.30pm apparantly

Oakdale primary closing at 1:30 too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Spots of rain 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
1 minute ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Spots of rain 

Same 3.1c and a few spots of rain appearing on the cars - shame I can't say flakes of snow  

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Radar not looking as intense and worrying it might actually be of less intensity?

I go to order 4x4s for night staff but wondering if it be a waste of money!

Posted

Well then here we all are again .

Hello to all new and old.

Seasons greetings .

A bog standard snow event on the cards.

Not to be sniffed at yet not one that will live long in the memory.

Andymusic our regional leader and weather oracle is still going strong which is great to see .

As some may remember I was rather underwhelmed to say the least by the no snow in Swansea during the beast .

That event I’m afraid converted me mainly into a mildee....sorry but I’ve just really enjoyed the mild winter so far for running outdoor purposes ..

Hmm today , similar angle of attack to that as that pathetic beast day / s.. I think the Swansea area will be restricted again due to mountain shadow effect ..

High ground Swansea area maybe an inch - coastal Swansea dreaded sleet but maybe a covering .

Sleet — who invented it ? Serves no purpose and should be banned along with wasps .

Andy you on the graigerhorn today ?

Posted

I'm guessing 1:30 is at the end of lunch ? a reasonable time really! Gives the children and parents time to travel before any chaos emerges. 
However anyone on the coasts needing to come in land are much more likely to be oblivious to the impending snow away from the coasts.. and could get caught in some very nasty rush hour traffic. 

The same can't be said for the far WSW where snow is already falling according to netweather radar.. and potential disruption could be rather quick setting.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Well then here we all are again .

Hello to all new and old.

Seasons greetings .

A bog standard snow event on the cards.

Not to be sniffed at yet not one that will live long in the memory.

Andymusic our regional leader and weather oracle is still going strong which is great to see .

As some may remember I was rather underwhelmed to say the least by the no snow in Swansea during the beast .

That event I’m afraid converted me mainly into a mildee....sorry but I’ve just really enjoyed the mild winter so far for running outdoor purposes ..

Hmm today , similar angle of attack to that as that pathetic beast day / s.. I think the Swansea area will be restricted again due to mountain shadow effect ..

High ground Swansea area maybe an inch - coastal Swansea dreaded sleet but maybe a covering .

Sleet — who invented it ? Serves no purpose and should be banned along with wasps .

Andy you on the graigerhorn today ?

nothing happening as yet - just frosty for the moment

Posted
5 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

Radar not looking as intense and worrying it might actually be of less intensity?

I go to order 4x4s for night staff but wondering if it be a waste of money!

noone knows for sure. but it only takes a 1/3 of the snow forecast .. for a 4x4 to be handy... especially around Bargoed!