Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

You guys in the south east could get five or six hours of disruptive frontal snow tomorrow if the models are even close to getting this right, especially with a little bit of elevation away from the coast:

image.thumb.png.44543f2fd3b6d5a1546835ed8ab3b8f8.png

Provided we get enough here in the Preselis to leave footprints and it hangs around long enough to get some pics on Friday, I'll be happy!

Looks like I could be in prime location!!

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

You guys in the south east could get five or six hours of disruptive frontal snow tomorrow if the models are even close to getting this right, especially with a little bit of elevation away from the coast:

image.thumb.png.44543f2fd3b6d5a1546835ed8ab3b8f8.png

Provided we get enough here in the Preselis to leave footprints and it hangs around long enough to get some pics on Friday, I'll be happy!

I'd be happy with a couple of cm , im not greedy . Lets hope most people in wales get to see the white stuff. Share it around.

• Like 2

Posted

I don't know how long it will take to stick tomorrow, perhaps there will be one or 2 showers ahead of the snow

Blackwood area currently, I don't know the temperatures, but a frost has already developed on the bins and bus shelter
May'be we could be looking at such a thick frost it could help to keep the ground cool all day ? 
I really wish I had a thermometer .. surely there's one here somewhere o,o --- yes I found a thermostat!! welcome to the family 

Edited by ancientsolar
added a thermostat

Posted
25 minutes ago, Bartlett High said:

Looks like I could be in prime location!!

yep latest is stall central over south wales - we could be sitting under that front and draining it for some hours

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

-5.7 here in Brynmawr at the moment with a dew point of -5.9 degrees. Humidity 99%. There is a link on my signature if anybody wants to know the temp in my location.

Edited by Simon SWales

Posted
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

yep latest is stall central over south wales - we could be sitting under that front and draining it for some hours

I wonder if we'll get a amber warning tomorrow , 8 or 9 hours of snow sounds good. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Met office forecast keeps changing all the time one minute it’s giving me 5 hours of snow now it’s showing 2 hours of sleet and the front seems to fragment and disapate over us in the blink of an eye where as the bbc show 8 hours of snow it’s crazy how this is going down to the wire 

• Like 1

Posted

ICON 18z snow accumulation (up to Friday midday)

A chilly -7.2C at Sennybridge at 9pm. Currently 0C here.

Friday snow accum 18a.png

Fri snow accum 18z.png

Edited by Ben_Cambs
Wrong date and time for chart

Posted
1 minute ago, Ben_Cambs said:

ICON 18z snow accumulation (Friday 8am)

A chilly -7.2C at Sennybridge at 9pm. Currently 0C here.

Friday snow accum 18a.png

Bank!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

Met office forecast keeps changing all the time one minute it’s giving me 5 hours of snow now it’s showing 2 hours of sleet and the front seems to fragment and disapate over us in the blink of an eye where as the bbc show 8 hours of snow it’s crazy how this is going down to the wire 

Nothings been easy this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

And still no amber warning for snow anywhere and looking at the icon accumulation charts ^^ above there should be a red warning for pretty much the heads of the valleys 

Posted

looking at the shift to a northerly wind after the snow eventually pushes through, wouldn't be at all surprised if there are ice warnings until Monday 
and snow showers drifting South from the North East of England through Friday night into Saturday morning before eventually petering out.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

And still no amber warning for snow anywhere and looking at the icon accumulation charts ^^ above there should be a red warning for pretty much the heads of the valleys 

I think its because no one is singing from the same hymn sheet on this one .

Posted

Hey all, new account as couldn’t for the life of me remember my log in details, (formally Ice Queen)  Have been lurking since November sporadically attempting to log in . Now bitten bullet and starting again! So quite excited about tomorrow but having been on annual leave for the past week am back in work in Singleton tomorrow for 12 hr shift....what are the chances of me making it home or should I pack for a 24hr shift ⛄☃️

Posted

My location is in the firing line tomorrow according to the majority of forecasts but given the fact the heavy stuff is supposed to start at 12-1pm,I'm very suprised there's no amber warning yet considering schools,people leaving work etc. Maybe the Meto think the front will break up before it hits the cold air?

Posted
Just now, matty lfc said:

My location is in the firing line tomorrow according to the majority of forecasts but given the fact the heavy stuff is supposed to start at 12-1pm,I'm very suprised there's no amber warning yet considering schools,people leaving work etc. Maybe the Meto think the front will break up before it hits the cold air?

Probably waiting for the overnight model runs before dishing out warnings of any kind...….we'll know more in the morning.

• Like 1

Posted

I reckon Waun Fach and Twyn Llech mountain areas will be the sweet spot for snow totals .... (Capel y ffin area)....Talgarth is the old Welsh cantref name there....but I dont know what the English county name is there now? Monmouthshire or brecknockshire? anyway ... looks sad for up north 

Edited by Bryn Webster
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently -1.1C and frosty. I think I need a new weather station, my thermometer is the only thing left properly functioning on this one. The rain gauge died years ago and the anemometer hasn't worked properly for a while (though my garden is too sheltered for any real readings). Any suggestions for a good but cheap station?

I'm expecting anywhere from 2cm to 3-4inch of snow where I am and areas around me, hopefully the latter lets hope tonight's models going well for us!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather events and always love snow
4 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

Every weather event goes down to the wire no matter your preference.

Someone posted in the MAD thread yesterday i think, that 1 in 10 channel lows verify. Personally I think 1 in 10 snow events verify anything like modelled. 

But... there is nothing better than just when your expectations are low and your fed up with all the hype and down it comes sticking like sh#t to a blanket and covers everything for miles around. Trainers or shoes wont do, need to find the wellies and it keeps snowing. So white and so clean, like a picture perfect postcard and its silent.

Some of us are going to get this inside the next 24 hours

• Like 1