Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

by 12 lunchtime friday should be all over - forecast according to gfs - old style

Edited by andymusic

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Snow even on the south coast of Wales?

850s are looking good and seem to be dropping further south so yes quite possibly

Posted

God even this is becoming a drama , will one of these models stand up because no one can work it out, even the BBC looks different to the Meto.  People keep showing those Wxcharts but my McAfee and Norton do not like that site one bit, i'll let other people go on it and show us those charts 

Edited by snowy36

Posted
16 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

God even this is becoming a drama , will one of these models stand up because no one can work it out, even the BBC looks different to the Meto.  People keep showing those Wxcharts but my McAfee and Norton do not like that site one bit, i'll let other people go on it and show us those charts 

unless we're in the deep freeze - then these marginal events are nightmares for any model/forecaster to call - it's all guesswork as regards the fine detail until after the fact

Posted
Just now, andymusic said:

unless we're in the deep freeze - then these marginal events are nightmares for any model/forecaster to call - it's all guesswork as regards the fine detail until after the fact

Its going down to the wire , i thought yesterday that some places in the south would get 10-12  and now i think its more around 8 . I'm waiting on the fax charts to give us a better clue. I'm trusting the Meto more than anyone else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

The Euro high definition models are showing copious amounts of snowfall for the Beacons tomorrow.....snapshots of forecast snow depth at 2:00 am Friday morning:

image.thumb.png.db0eeaad0637d200b79502e5123a2d4a.png  image.thumb.png.9b686d7d23d5b282979b6f2c467cafea.png

image.thumb.png.7cf9d1d5d864b3d31102321fec4461ab.png

Thats 30cm showing in that first chart!  Pretty sure it won't actually happen quite like that though....

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Derek's even going for 12cm in Caerphilly which is decent I'm right next to there.

Great stuff. Where did you see that? It sounds like he's going with what the snow acc. charts are showing rather than the revised warnings of 5-10 cm for Southeast Wales.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
43 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

The Euro high definition models are showing copious amounts of snowfall for the Beacons tomorrow.....snapshots of forecast snow depth at 2:00 am Friday morning:

image.thumb.png.db0eeaad0637d200b79502e5123a2d4a.png  image.thumb.png.9b686d7d23d5b282979b6f2c467cafea.png

Thats 30cm showing in that first chart!  Pretty sure it won't actually happen quite like that though....

I’m glad the somewhat gap in carmarthenshire is being plugged! I dont understand it.....

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Great stuff, Jay. Where did you see that? It sounds like he's going with what the snow acc. charts are showing rather than the revised warnings of 5-10 cm for Southeast Wales.

On his Twitter.

Posted

Haven't looked at the models today....hope they are as good as my walk today  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Nearly 30 cms now on the higher bits... 

DJI_0812.JPG

DJI_0820.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

EURO 4 is a bit better for those of us in the North and still looks great for the rest of you. 

19020112_3012.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

UKV almost has no precip by 18:00. Strange?

12:00 

64CBAE0F-58C9-4C44-9F09-4275F07021B1.thumb.png.8eb4c731b9f1ef34ede831c75eda89c1.png

18:00

6FE9DBB2-EA47-4D8B-BA05-ED8BA4AF1391.thumb.png.bfb749074782782c0592ddaee01af4e5.png

Posted

Hello everyone, I'm de-lurking for this one.

I missed last March's snow as I was on hols in Vietnam, but I'm avidly watching this thread for this one.

I've put my leave card on my line manager's desk for Friday and worked an extra hour today so I can go home earlier tomorrow.

I'll be reporting from Caerphilly (and maybe Pontypridd town centre as I work there now)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.
8 minutes ago, thetipster said:

here it is ultra high res snow accimageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

sno acc.jpg

Nooo, I get nothing