IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Let's get to Thursday first lol.

Yes lets not talk about next week, Jay has to make it through this week first 

Posted

Every snow event of this type is subject to fluctuating corrections north and south a couple of days before, from the models. I remember Jan 2013 being the same. I don't think this will be as memorable though, but you never know.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Huge amount of showers in ireland. Shame very few are making across the irish sea. Models keep a few going into mid wales

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Huge amount of showers in ireland. Shame very few are making across the irish sea. Models keep a few going into mid wales

Frustrating whats happened to our Nwstly streamers since 2010? Showers are a lot more scattered and not so hefty these days  ideal conditions this evening for snow to settle widely across Wales yet not much in the way of precipitation! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Cymro said:

Frustrating whats happened to our Nwstly streamers since 2010? Showers are a lot more scattered and not so hefty these days  ideal conditions this evening for snow to settle widely across Wales yet not much in the way of precipitation! 

Winds tonight are mostly WNW which isn't great for shower activity . The wind does veer more northwesterly by early morning however

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Before the main event some of us may get 1 or 2cm if we are lucky off showers especially the North,NW and NE over the next 12 hours or so also depending on wind direction as to whether they will make it down into Mid Wales and the Valleys.

The Icon's take on events for Thursday maybe a little OTT on snow totals but looks good all the same. 

iconeu_uk1-45-74-0.thumb.png.5d9a9dfb40d914a97aad30aec0c97657.png

Then the arpege's take sorry the UK chart isn't out yet for it but looks good also.

arpege-45-60-0.thumb.png.2c6447283004458e4dcc1d84543e1ba9.png

Hirlam and Arome don't go far enough yet so can't post those but we should have an idea on those by the morning and here is the NMM WRF as a bonus as i don't rate it as much as the other two.

nmmuk-45-72-0.thumb.png.136f5f1b9023de2cad1cc1f8f575d9a8.png

Good luck all looks promising for most as long as it stays as it is subject to change of course and we should be more certain by tomorrow afternoon on the extent of the snow.

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Marcus_surfer said:

Winds tonight are mostly WNW which isn't great for shower activity . The wind does veer more northwesterly by early morning however

There’s talk of a trough formation over Ireland do you reckon this could pop up a surprise for the morning? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

The Icon's take on events for Thursday maybe a little OTT on snow totals but looks good all the same. 

iconeu_uk1-45-74-0.thumb.png.5d9a9dfb40d914a97aad30aec0c97657.png

Then the arpege's take sorry the UK chart isn't out yet for it but looks good also.

arpege-45-60-0.thumb.png.2c6447283004458e4dcc1d84543e1ba9.png

Hirlam and Arome don't go far enough yet so can't post those but we should have an idea on those by the morning and here is the NMM WRF as a bonus as i don't rate it as much as the other two.

nmmuk-45-72-0.thumb.png.136f5f1b9023de2cad1cc1f8f575d9a8.png

Good luck all looks promising for most as long as it stays as it is subject to change of course and we should be more certain by tomorrow afternoon on the extent of the snow.

Arpege really doesn’t like SW Wales! It seems to underplay snow here often! 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Cymro said:

There’s talk of a trough formation over Ireland do you reckon this could pop up a surprise for the morning? 

Ive seen this setup many times and very little showers make it across in a west/WNW wind. As i said mid wales keeps some sort of streamer keep going tonight

We really need a pembrokeshire dangler situation and a northwesterly wind to set up to deliver the goods but hopefully I'm wrong and that PPN makes its way over to us

Also take a look at this link and the elevation in the east, the showers are getting sucked up by the mountains in east ireland 

http://en-ie.topographic-map.com/places/Ireland-9794/

Edited by Marcus_surfer
  • Like 1

Posted

Quick note to the mods can we have a new Cymru/Wales thread please I mean we are now on page 330!

Diolch

Posted

Just got in after doing a shift in local had to scrape the car as it's down to -2.3 had a quick look in the mad thread and not many of them are posting .

Think many are gutted as this is our time for a good dumping of the lovely white cream from above on Thursday also stalling and a pivot  aswell .

Never mind , take some photos when it hits us hard and post to the Mad thread English society only there all in my back yard society only -avoid the mad thread .

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Just got in after doing a shift in local had to scrape the car as it's down to -2.3 had a quick look in the mad thread and not many of them are posting .

Think many are gutted as this is our time for a good dumping of the lovely white cream from above on Thursday also stalling and a pivot  aswell .

Never mind , take some photos when it hits us hard and post to the Mad thread English society only there all in my back yard society only -avoid the mad thread .

Sadly, it's always the same in there. Someone from here mentioned in there that Wales may get a dumping on Thursday and he was immediately jumped on with something "those are just probabilities". Personally, I have friends and family in many parts of England and would never have any kind of xenophobia towards anyone! I can't help feeling though that us Welsh are snubbed a little in the mod thread! That makes me sad a little. There are posters in there that I respect immensely, and always give an unbiased view. But some of them wouldn't mention Wales if their life depended on it! Quite silly really.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, whiskers said:

-3 thick frost but no snow fell through the night but definitely freezing!!! Yay!

Wales favorite for MOST snow in IUK between 5cm and 15cms with a good 8hrs of snow .Bloody hell, we waited long enough,!!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Frost,ice and snow.....and gritter just passed..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

just checked met ive got 11hrs heavy snow from 3pm tomorrow till 6am friday...

• Like 2