Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, lindy2222 said:

Snow on ground here..foggy in valley ..

Temp seems to have dropped here,definitely colder and a little foggy,hope these are good signs! X

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

I would have thought so yes - euro4 also predicting a rash of wintry showers after the front which should still switch before moving off right through the rest of today and into tomorrow

Probably go for 5-10cm widely with up to 20cm on higher ground I think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Drizzly rain since 4.30am  ....temp a balmy 6 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

What a contrast from yesterday:   grey, 100% overcast skies bringing cold rain although the winds remain light.  No sign of snow here at all but I'm hopeful we might see some on Thursday.  In fairness, this is the least likely part of Wales to see snow given the proximity of the Irish Sea!  Good luck to everyone else who is hoping for a meaningful dumping!

Posted

Some very heavy precipitation over Southwest Wales, heavier than I anticipated, beginning to swing east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Am hoping for GFS to adjust south for Thursday in its runs this afternoon. We don't want it to keep consistent with its more northerly track of the low if its all snow we want in Wales. Lets hope Arpege/Icon and UKMO models have this right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Temp surprisingly dropping here in Cardiff, was 3.4C two hours ago but now 3C with a dew point of 2.2C. Could we see evaporative cooling from heavy rain causing some unexpected snow later on?

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

Temp surprisingly dropping here in Cardiff, was 3.4C two hours ago but now 3C with a dew point of 2.2C. Could we see evaporative cooling from heavy rain causing some unexpected snow later on?

This feels increasingly likely to me. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that greater depths than forecast could occur due to the sheer intensity of the band, which should loose less intensity than a front on a collision course with a cold block (which this isn't).

842010852_Screenshot2019-01-29at10_12_58.thumb.png.ce7fdd513e9c6ccba9cd44c1a1bac9cf.png

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

A grim 5.3c here with cold rain, would take quite a bit of cool down for any snow, so I'll take a drive up the bwlch after my interview this afternoon then my sights are on Thursday! Hopefully some surprise snow for some though! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Temperatures on the way up here now 4.1C ....(3.4C) at 9am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Left bargoed at 7.30 this morning and it was sleet, drove to the Rhondda and it's just wet but looking up towards the bwlch and there is snow settling there.maybe that's the snowline today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Warnings out for Thursday.

Missing us in the far north and west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Rain in Barry so far. Not expecting the coastal south to get anything apart from rain showers till after dark. Good luck everyone else. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im happier to see my forecast on Thursday on the meto has gone from rain, to rain and sleet, to now starting as sleet and then heavy snow and light snow in the night alongside their warning, just need that first bit of sleet to be snow and make it a all snow event 

• Like 1

Posted

Pity it's not snow really as there's an awful lot cold rain for Swansea today. Expect elevated areas will get a fair bit of snow later - looks like Mid Wales are already getting some.