Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

GFS 6z increases snow chances in Wales tomorrow. Rain turns to snow much quicker than earlier runs.

I am guessing almost everyone will see falling snow tomorrow, the lower down you are it is just whether it accumulates, especially after the wet start.

• Like 1

Posted

met office on there long term forecasts are still sticking with even colder snowier weather to come through feb and easterlies

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tips

HERES LATEST ULTRA HIGH RES IN 5K

TOMMOROW 11:00HRS

MORE RUNS TO GO SO ALL CHANGE

4K.jpg

Edited by thetipster
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
41 minutes ago, andymusic said:

icon loves wales - accumulations up till next Monday

image.thumb.png.9c63ab822cfb446f233a771fb8396dac.pngLooks like 12inches for me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather events and always love snow

One of Thee best snow events i can remember was 2009 i think!

Got up for work 6am straight to the window, gutted, it was raining heavy. Left at 7am drove into Carmarthen through the rain and on the top of the last hill it was a bit sleety and then back to rain...... I was depressed...... 

At about 9am it turned to sleet, then snow. I thought what a waste it wont stick now there were streams of water running down the road and everywhere was soaked. To my surprise it started to stick, the streams quickly turned to streams of snow! Within a few hours it was chaos! The gritters were out but had little effect. The main A40 dual carriageway which is essentially the M4 was gridlocked, lorry's got stuck then cars. hundreds of vehicles were abandoned on many roads. The police and ambulance hired/commandeered  plain 4x4's otherwise they couldn't get anywhere. By about 2pm we had about 6 to 8 inches everywhere of the non melting / very slippery white gold!!!!

After that year I have never worried about rain preceding snow and am much more relaxed to let nature do what nature does!!!

Magical times! 

Good luck to all! Looking promising this week with the updated warnings!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

High ground event then tomorrow it looks like.

I'd say 150m and above but if the precipitation is heavy enough u just never know with low lying areas

Posted
4 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

I'd say 150m and above but if the precipitation is heavy enough u just never know with low lying areas

Pointless getting excited especially if you're on low ground. Even Thursday probably won't happen for us.

Posted

Expect rain and if u have snow it's a bonus

Posted
12 minutes ago, thetipster said:

heres latest 06 ultra high res for tommorow 10:00hrs

4k.1.jpg

creeping ever so slightly southwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I have an interview at 1.30pm tomorrow, after that once the rain/snow starts, if its rain by me I will take a drive up the bwlch as I didn't get chance to last time, will surely be snow up there!

Im not liking the fact its still a balmy 7.4C here today though, I have a feeling it will be way too warm when the front initially comes in tomorrow for the lower areas!

Posted
20 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I have an interview at 1.30pm tomorrow, after that once the rain/snow starts, if its rain by me I will take a drive up the bwlch as I didn't get chance to last time, will surely be snow up there!

Im not liking the fact its still a balmy 7.4C here today though, I have a feeling it will be way too warm when the front initially comes in tomorrow for the lower areas!

My son went for a run up bwlch yesterday as I live half way up it, he said on top small areas had 6 inches of snow where it had blown and slight dusting everywhere. 

Also if going up bwlch  stormy lane has lights so if there is snow and lights are on red you and me be buggered as won't pull back off,hope they move lights today incase.

Edited by welshwizard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

I have to drive down from Snowdonia to the Midlands tomorrow evening. I think I might have to set off a bit (or a lot! ) earlier and try and outrun any snow. I'll be watching the radar closely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
20 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Does anyone actually think we'll see much snow?

Potentially Jay.

I think falling snow quite likely as front starts to move eastwards. Higher up you are, more snow for longer. Whether it accumulates who knows.

Thursday starting to look a greater risk. Starting to shift southwards run by run for Thurs.

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Metoffice warning for all of Wales now .

I'd say the main concern is the ice not the snow for low levels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

8.3C here at the moment, a fair bit warmer than the 6c predicted as a high for today, doesn't give me great confidence for tomorrows temperatures being on the right side of marginal! How hard is it to get low daytime maxima here in mid winter, surely not too much to ask? Thursday looks interesting however!

Posted
5 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

8.3C here at the moment, a fair bit warmer than the 6c predicted as a high for today, doesn't give me great confidence for tomorrows temperatures being on the right side of marginal! How hard is it to get low daytime maxima here in mid winter, surely not too much to ask? Thursday looks interesting however!

Some serious snow developing for Thursday Easterly wind picks up off the continent,a wave forms on the front increasing the precipitation and slowing the front progression North serious disruption would occur ,I expect a red warning for Thursdays snow ,We in for a pasting.