Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
48 minutes ago, andymusic said:

GFSp 12z is mental - Wales/UK starts to develop it's own GLACIER at this point and we all have to consider moving out or down to Barry Island lo

LOl is that a polar bear be careful Andy when you out on the huskies

gfsp snow mental.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andymusic said:

GFSp 12z is mental - Wales/UK starts to develop it's own GLACIER at this point and we all have to consider moving out or down to Barry Island lol

gfsp snow mental.png

Lol when Barry Island gets full there'll be plenty of room in Porthcawl, perhaps Trecco Bay will leave you stay in the caravans  having said that, I'll be in Tenby staying at a friend's house

Posted

GFSp 12z is mental - Wales/UK starts to develop it's own GLACIER at this point and we all have to consider moving out or down to Barry Island lol

Don't say that.........I want us to have as much snow as everyone else, down here in Barrybados?️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Derek having none of it on latest weather report just now .Saying wet with sleet and snow Monday evening and then rest of the week dry and sunny so who's right . Confused.com

Just saw it. Will hold back from  getting excited till the MO come on Board

Posted
4 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Derek having none of it on latest weather report just now .Saying wet with sleet and snow Monday evening and then rest of the week dry and sunny so who's right . Confused.com

The beeb are useless, why do people still watch their forecasts? 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Wosser said:

Just saw it. Will hold back from  getting excited till the MO come on Board

The bbc dont use the meto anymore 

Posted
6 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

don't think he really put a lot of meat on the bones past Monday - Monday night is when things really start reving up into Tuesday - the media and met office really don't like to panic anyone unless they absolutely have to - we've seen it before - recently last year - amber warnings turned up as the situation was ongoing - before that - nothing really - and Derek's done this before too - so not unusual in my book for now - he's not commiting himself - yet the boys on the main news are already shouting about a north easterly/easterly

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, andymusic said:

don't think he really put a lot of meat on the bones past Monday - Monday night is when things really start reving up into Tuesday - the media and met office really don't like to panic anyone unless they absolutely have to - we've seen it before - recently last year - amber warnings turned up as the situation was ongoing - before that - nothing really - and Derek's done this before too - so not unusual in my book for now - he's not commiting himself - yet the boys on the main news are already shouting about a north easterly/easterly

Just hope you are right @andymusic hate it when it goes all Pete tong .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10

gfsp snow mental.png

You could but the sea will be frozen

Posted
20 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Remember he's going by the ECW and thats kind of whats shown tonight , dont discard it. Tonights Fax charts will be interesting to see , do they go by their model or Ecw or a mix of both.  After the failed greenie ealy this week i had a couple of days off from weather watching until tonight and i've not seen whats happened but after looking at those charts i think the ecw is sadly right.

Edited by snowy36

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

Remember he's going by the ECW and thats kind of whats shown tonight , dont discard it. Tonights Fax charts will be interesting to see , do they go by their model or Ecw or a mix of both.

ensembles will be out in a bit - outlier for ecm or not - apparently 10,000 years ago - last ice age - everything had to move out of Wales - even barrybados - glaciers just took over - must have been quite a sight - bit like the gfsp run tonight lol - 50cms in places on that run

Posted
6 minutes ago, andymusic said:

ensembles will be out in a bit - outlier for ecm or not - apparently 10,000 years ago - last ice age - everything had to move out of Wales - even barrybados - glaciers just took over - must have been quite a sight - bit like the gfsp run tonight lol - 50cms in places on that run

It will be good to see but i think the Ecw will be right tonight , i think the UKMO looks wrong to me, to clean.   Lets hope the ECW has another black eye after the failed greenie of this week , its been very average so far this winter , not always the form horse.

Edited by snowy36

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Hi Andy.   I've got to drive back from London one day next week - I can pick either Tuesday or Wednesday.  Assuming I make it back down the M4 to make my first EVER free crossing back to Wales (at last!!) will I make it back along the rest of the M4 to Carmarthen, as things stand?  What day would you choose - or neither??    

Posted
33 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Remember he's going by the ECW and thats kind of whats shown tonight , dont discard it. Tonights Fax charts will be interesting to see , do they go by their model or Ecw or a mix of both.  After the failed greenie ealy this week i had a couple of days off from weather watching until tonight and i've not seen whats happened but after looking at those charts i think the ecw is sadly right.

Don't worry everything set up beautifully ! At least 10days of proper winter weather,

Posted
4 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Don't worry everything set up beautifully ! At least 10days of proper winter weather,

I have no idea what the charts have been like over the last few days or so ( probably 100 days of winter by what people has written in the main thread) but two or three days of lying snow would do me. All models have been very poor the last two months so i take them all with a pinch of salt. Good or Bad.

Edited by snowy36

Posted
29 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

I have no idea what the charts have been like over the last few days or so ( probably 100 days of winter by what people has written in the main thread) but two or three days of lying snow would do me. All models have been very poor the last two months so i take them all with a pinch of salt. Good or Bad.

A bit more forecast details https://twitter.com/severeweatherEU

Posted
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

Hi Andy.   I've got to drive back from London one day next week - I can pick either Tuesday or Wednesday.  Assuming I make it back down the M4 to make my first EVER free crossing back to Wales (at last!!) will I make it back along the rest of the M4 to Carmarthen, as things stand?  What day would you choose - or neither??    

i'd say the earlier the better as the initial snow up till about Wednesday will/may depend on height 150m and above - after that the easterly kicks in

• Thanks 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Bloody Euro's , not only do they take our money they take our snow

nothing wrong with that snowy36 - everything's on course as it should be

Posted
5 minutes ago, andymusic said:

nothing wrong with that snowy36 - everything's on course as it should be

To me  it has that small window like the greenie early this week, it wont take much to miss the next cold window .I think we will miss wednesday's window. I think they will keep coming over the next 4 or so weeks but its a case of hitting that window with the stone. 

Edited by snowy36

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
42 minutes ago, andymusic said:

i'd say the earlier the better as the initial snow up till about Wednesday will/may depend on height 150m and above - after that the easterly kicks in

Thanks mate - I thought you might say that.  Might try and get back Monday as it happens.  Mind you, I think there might be worse conditions on the cards for the following week so anyone travelling after next weekend should keep a close eye on the forecasts.

Posted
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

gfs 18z steady as she goes - Monday night

image.thumb.png.36ad286339574cdb0baaaf31689e8edc.png

Yes i was looking at that early on, that looks  good especially through the night , lets have a snow day