Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tips
11 minutes ago, shaky said:

Is the ecm same as last night regarding snow for tomorrow night?!!sorry to ask you lol dunno where i can view the charts you posted!!

https://www.tameteo.com/modeles/en-royaume+uni-ecmwf-94.htm

Posted

seems the beast from the east will be arriving shortly next week on Tuesday/Wednesday - fasten your seat belts and snow shovels for a very cold and snowy ride from here on in:cold:

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Should get more snow this winter in thornhill as I'm higher up lol. Any chance tomorrow?

not really in Thornhill tomorrow - warnings are from 250m and above but ya never know - better chances next week with the easterly like last year

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Same with me lol, I'm in Porthcawl so I expect it'll mean just the cold old rain for us especially as the sea is still relatively mild @ 9C lets hope February will deliver ?? that's usually our best chance followed by March for some years 

It all about opinions ,but there's nothing marginal in this set up atm between 10 and 15 cms  as wave develops on the front with heavy snow(50cms in places) ,no warm sector ,on or behind this front as it struggles to make eastwards progression,The the winds swings then from an easterly direction with frigid air moving in ,with temperatures struggling past zero with  more snow at times.Life time cold spell incoming.ANDY can I borrow your HUSKIES.

Bloody Amazing output from the models unbelievable charts cold unstable airflow ,Snow chances as Low Pressure near by ,creating a snow machine classical cold spell to tell your grand children about.INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well it is exciting the prospect of seeing some snow at some point in the next week, as long as it doesn't fall when I'm in work down Barry as there's almost no chance I'll see any then roll on the beast and next week if it happens!

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

The front approaching over Ireland looks like it’s stalling and pivoting could be a few surprises and the air is definitely got an easterly element out there tonight could be a now cast thing come the morning 

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Pembroke Dangler said:

The front approaching over Ireland looks like it’s stalling and pivoting could be a few surprises and the air is definitely got an easterly element out there tonight could be a now cast thing come the morning 

maybe - although if you have a look at euro4 the front is actually way ahead of where it should be - just coming into southern Ireland on euro 4 at 9pm and the actual is it's already got to the eastern side of Ireland - but the front is breaking up too - don't forget it's coming up and traveling from the south too - it's a complicated one anyway lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
8 minutes ago, andymusic said:

maybe - although if you have a look at euro4 the front is actually way ahead of where it should be - just coming into southern Ireland on euro 4 at 9pm and the actual is it's already got to the eastern side of Ireland - but the front is breaking up too - don't forget it's coming up and traveling from the south too - it's a complicated one anyway lol

Yeah your right it’s fragmented and you can see the why it’s definitely waiting for some back up from the south which would be the warm sector I would imagine 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tips
1 minute ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

That's a great snow map, is it from an app or a website? 

in house im only one that has access sadly

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Light snow here last hour....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Just started snizzling  here

13 hours ago, andymusic said:

proving that Porthcawl can get severe snow conditions

Awesome ?? I've seen photos like that from the 80's with big snow drifts over cars in John st (the main shopping street) I was too young to remember though. I remember some decent snow around in the 90's and 2010. Last March's snow was good but melted quickly here

Posted
26 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Heavy snow here, amazing!

Pete

just the start of an amazing "event" over the coming weeks

• Like 2