Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Wet snow falling in Rhayader at the moment, cold air definitely arrived.

• Like 2

Posted

Well as Andy says Get your supplies in ! Great model output this morning with frigid air moving into UK next week as a bitter easterly  kicks in with plenty of LPressure moves in from the West ,causing whiteout conditions across Wales and the UK i need to borrow Andy snow shovel next week! And is his kids LOL.

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Well as Andy says Get your supplies in ! Great model output this morning with frigid air moving into UK next week as a bitter easterly  kicks in with plenty of LPressure moves in from the West ,causing whiteout conditions across Wales and the UK i need to borrow Andy snow shovel next week! And is his kids LOL.

I've actually gotta get a new snow shovel - better get to it before all the shops sell out - looks like the new ice age next week is about to drop on our laps - with snow and freezing temps a-plenty:cold:

• Like 1

Plenty of snow around next Tuesday (away from the far south of Wales) this gives either an indication that it's coming from the north and the Brecon Beacons and other mountains are blocking/reducing the amount of snow from reaching the far south as often happens in northerly airflow or it could be because the sea temperatures are still around 8-9C making any snow turn back to rain/sleet near the coast

image.jpeg

Edited by Jonathan Rhodri Roberts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

^^Can we bin that chart from an imby point of view, my snow shield is in effect and I don't like it

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

^^Can we bin that chart from an imby point of view, my snow shield is in effect and I don't like it

Same with me lol, I'm in Porthcawl so I expect it'll mean just the cold old rain for us especially as the sea is still relatively mild @ 9C lets hope February will deliver ?? that's usually our best chance followed by March for some years 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Same with me lol, I'm in Porthcawl so I expect it'll mean just the cold old rain for us especially as the sea is still relatively mild @ 9C lets hope February will deliver ?? that's usually our best chance followed by March for some years 

It all about opinions ,but there's nothing marginal in this set up atm between 10 and 15 cms  as wave develops on the front with heavy snow(50cms in places) ,no warm sector ,on or behind this front as it struggles to make eastwards progression,The the winds swings then from an easterly direction with frigid air moving in ,with temperatures struggling past zero with  more snow at times.

Posted
3 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Nowt

The meto mentioned some snow for the hills in south wales for the morning as the front pushes through, just wondering how the snow charts are looking?

Posted

I just checked the met office website and we have a yellow warning for snow for the morning!!! :yahoo:For anyone who can't read the picture properly it says: yellow warning for snow between Fri 08.00 and Fri 13.00, regions and local authorities affected: Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conway, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Torfaen.

20190117_161254.jpg 

Edited by coldie

Posted
28 minutes ago, coldie said:

I just checked the met office website and we have a yellow warning for snow for the morning!!! :yahoo:For anyone who can't read the picture properly it says: yellow warning for snow between Fri 08.00 and Fri 13.00, regions and local authorities affected: Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conway, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Torfaen.

20190117_160838.jpg

20190117_161254.jpg 

sounds good

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Plenty of snow around next Tuesday (away from the far south of Wales) this gives either an indication that it's coming from the north and the Brecon Beacons and other mountains are blocking/reducing the amount of snow from reaching the far south as often happens in northerly airflow or it could be because the sea temperatures are still around 8-9C making any snow turn back to rain/sleet near the coast

image.jpeg

i'd say it's more likely the mountains are sapping the life out of it as they often do - but charts like that are total guess and computer work - so you never know

Posted
Just now, coldie said:

Yep not much forecast only 2-4cms but it's better than no snow at all  

gotta start somewhere - and it looked like one or two places in mid-wales last night had a bit of wintriness - so we're in the zone - all to play for

• Like 1

Posted

met office yellow warning

Headline

Hill snow in Wales on Friday.

What to expect

Some roads likely to be affected with longer journey times by road and bus services

What should I do?

Issued: Thu 17 Jan 15:49

Further details

A band of rain, sleet and snow will move eastwards across Wales during Friday morning. There remains some uncertainty in the timing and the extent of any snow, but there is likely to be a few hours where 2-4 cm of snow could accumulate on higher level routes, this chiefly above 250 metres.

Posted
1 hour ago, thetipster said:

heres met warning with white over 250m + outside of met warning

whole sw.PNG

Is the ecm same as last night regarding snow for tomorrow night?!!sorry to ask you lol dunno where i can view the charts you posted!!