Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I must admit I'm very hesitant over any upcoming spell in the next 10 days or so away from high ground and the North. I'm still hoping between 21st-25th onwards we will start to see some good progression towards some sharper, prolonged cold and snow for us in low land South! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

The cold keeps getting pushed back to 10 days + and has been since the start of winter. Until the models show it within a 3 day timescale I won't b getting excited

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and big wind

We're staying in Tal-Y-Bont near Barmouth for a week from Saturday, would be nice to see some snow whilst we're there ?️ 

Posted

Andy i've got horses just below llanwunno road need to get things in place for bad weather ,I always use your posts lol .As far as you can tell this far out what r the models predicting for us, any advice would help

Posted
14 minutes ago, whiskers said:

Totally confused after reading in the mad thread,is this cold/snow going to happen? 

In 10 days time, then when we get to that day it will b another 10 days. I can c this winter being the winter that promised so much but failed to deliver

Posted
3 hours ago, freeze for all said:

In 10 days time, then when we get to that day it will b another 10 days. I can c this winter being the winter that promised so much but failed to deliver

The cold is less than 8 days away now, stop mis informing people.

2171F768-5598-4026-8441-1199F33CAC2C.png.da2f09448405575f8bc60e096268a856.png

• Like 2

Posted
16 hours ago, freeze for all said:

The cold keeps getting pushed back to 10 days + and has been since the start of winter. Until the models show it within a 3 day timescale I won't b getting excited

bbc now going for snow in some parts of the uk tomorrow - the slider this coming Friday/Saturday looking more likely to produce snow and "wintriness" in Wales also and general signs still that into next week things will become colder/snowier and wintrier lol:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, coldie said:

The cold is less than 8 days away now, stop mis informing people.

2171F768-5598-4026-8441-1199F33CAC2C.png.da2f09448405575f8bc60e096268a856.png

So that makes it nailed on then??? Get the bread and milk in folks these computer models never get it wrong 8 days away!!! Made me laugh that comment did cheers m8 

Posted
13 hours ago, wastedlife said:

Andy i've got horses just below llanwunno road need to get things in place for bad weather ,I always use your posts lol .As far as you can tell this far out what r the models predicting for us, any advice would help

I would deffo keep an eye on forecasts as we get closer to next week - wintriness will be about this week but the colder and potentially more difficult conditions could be on the cards for next week especially with the ecm continuously showing the charts it's coming up with right now

Posted
2 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

So that makes it nailed on then??? Get the bread and milk in folks these computer models never get it wrong 8 days away!!! Made me laugh that comment did cheers m8 

nothing's "nailed on" - but the general set up and model/ensemble/ssw evidence all point to much colder conditions coming in shortly

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Grow up pal no need for that comment at all, the point I was trying to make is that you said the cold is always 10 days away and keeps getting pushed back, well not anymore the trends are there and the cold is coming so get used to it  Also where in my comment did I say it was nailed on? Enlighten me

Edited by coldie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Keep it friendly please guys.have enough of this in the mad thread 

Posted
42 minutes ago, coldie said:

Grow up pal no need for that comment at all, the point I was trying to make is that you said the cold is always 10 days away and keeps getting pushed back, well not anymore the trends are there and the cold is coming so get used to it  Also where in my comment did I say it was nailed on? Enlighten me

The stop mis informing people is the reasoning behind that reply, so tell me I am wrong about the models showing the cold to b 10 days away and then keep moving it 10 days away, from just before Xmas and I'll happily agree with u that I'm mis informing people. So next time ur trying to make a point make sure the point ur making is correct first and as I said just because the models r showing it 8 days away doesn't make it nailed on

Posted

seems we could be kicking off midnight tomorrow night with some wintriness - mid-walesish

image.thumb.png.2165974b165b9159ffb6b146295a830b.png

mid-to north Wales looking good for some wintriness Friday morning - although further south could get in on the action - all depends how the slider performs

Tuesday morning next week could have some interest for all of Wales as temps dip lower

image.thumb.png.75701df95dd77d8c9d16c44be2f3502a.png

and evening

image.thumb.png.0344725f0b67a50ce9e67b72d325a094.png

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

Icon for this Friday?

Here we go again ..Andy ive been stocking up....knitting hats scarves etc....think this cold will lock in till past February.....

• Like 3

Posted

gfsp for little ole Wales this friday

sort of stalls over us on Friday - if the NEW and all singing all dancing gfsp has this right could be some accumulations around for us in Wales

gfsp friday.png

Edited by andymusic

Posted
3 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

Here we go again ..Andy ive been stocking up....knitting hats scarves etc....think this cold will lock in till past February.....

tins of soup lol - think the real probs will come once the easterlies/northerlies start bringing the temps even lower in about a weeks time plus - after that it could be a very frozen feb 2019 into march - we'll see

• Like 2

Posted

pinks on euro4 starting to come in now - this time Thursday

image.thumb.png.5435feaea638074c3c6026273c2359b1.png

image.thumb.png.9d0476e4c6b85e84ea9fb2ea9ce44190.png

snow accumulation chart

image.thumb.png.8c080c8f98439ca22e667626eb73cc18.png

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Would you look at that the Swansea snow shield has been breached hooraaa

EDE9C52C-CEA7-4849-AF29-7EB959FE0156.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Who cares about what happens over the next couple of days when the real prize is in sight on the ECW, if it's right that could be real winter weather.

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1