Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Derek just mentioned a change in the weather at the end of the month it's moving towards a prolonged colder period! 

• Like 2

Posted
57 minutes ago, whiskers said:

Derek just mentioned a change in the weather at the end of the month it's moving towards a prolonged colder period! 

Derek has been mentioning it on Twitter too this week, let’s hope it’s not the kiss of death.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

GFS 12z has some tightly packed isobars in western & southwestern UK & Ireland by the end of next week, SW gales initially but the potential for severe W or NW gales as the centre of a low moves southeastwards from Ireland across into Wales then over to the SE coast of England taking the strong winds with it. A lot different to the past 2-3 weeks that's for sure! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Snow or Rain for wales

• Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Snow or Rain for wales

If the low slides it'll be snow for the majority of Wales and the valleys, rain for porthcawl  

Edited by coldie
  • Like 2

Posted

More chance of me winning the lottery tonight ( and im not doing it) than the GFS getting anything right , even the so called better version. 

Posted
5 hours ago, snowy36 said:

I still worry that theres still massive differences with all the models , its still very messy .  

Now there better agreement as expected ,Very upset in the model forum  with North West wind bringing in a couple of fronts  sliding  down the Irish sea,Very interesting weather watching come Thursday onwards.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

"The Day After Tomorrow" charts now showing up on gfsp today

the day after tomorrow gfsp.png

the Dai After Tomorrow.jpg

What are we expecting from this Andy? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Now there better agreement as expected ,Very upset in the model forum  with North West wind bringing in a couple of fronts  sliding  down the Irish sea,Very interesting weather watching come Thursday onwards.

We could be so close to something real special but  until ECW comes on board then its all pie in the sky 

Posted
2 hours ago, whiskers said:

What are we expecting from this Andy? 

I think we have to be a little patient right now - with a slow burner - but I don't think we're far away from some very cold and snowy weather - and when it finally switches over to that it could be quite something - the countdown is on:cold:

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

I think we have to be a little patient right now - with a slow burner - but I don't think we're far away from some very cold and snowy weather - and when it finally switches over to that it could be quite something - the countdown is on

I can be patient....... I can't imagine anything better than the 3 day blizzard we had last year that you warned us about before anyone else......................do I need to stock up? 

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, whiskers said:

I can be patient....... I can't imagine anything better than the 3 day blizzard we had last year that you warned us about before anyone else......................do I need to stock up? 

When it starts to show on the ECW buy buy buy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10

It looks cold in Cardiff.  Only 3 out of 20 members register above 0 and thats at the end.  The snow row is getting closer each day too..... the transition may be quicker than we think.

9A14214C-876B-460F-9F18-D36B53CD0A2D.png

Posted
15 hours ago, whiskers said:

from the latest output - possible snow now by next Friday/Saturday but not necessarily crippling us - from around 21st onwards problems could start showing up - was easier last year and more straightforward as the models seemed to stick with one output pretty much for 2 weeks out - this time they seem to be tussling with the detail, although as others have said all roads seem to now been leading to cold or very cold - details will probably firm up this week and we'll know more about when to get essentials in from there

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10

The jet is stuffed.  Look how much cold air is spilling over the NH.  We are simply gradually sliding into a jaw dropping winter period from now over the next 10 days.  The organisation i work for has been provided significant cold forecasts from gov and also private forecasting services.

For many of our more rural and farming communities, this will now be a fun time ahead, but a very dangerous and costly one

Edited by Magic Trichs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Watching ski Sunday From Austria on BBC 2...3 metres of snow in a week.we can dream

Posted

latest update - still chance of some wintriness this Friday/Saturday once we start going cold this Wednesday - after that next week is looking even more cold with copious amounts of snow showing on the gfsp for our part of the world - Wales

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

latest update - still chance of some wintriness this Friday/Saturday once we start going cold this Wednesday - after that next week is looking even more cold with copious amounts of snow showing on the gfsp for our part of the world - Wales

Don't panic Me Mannering! Total split in polar voted snow event over higher ground ,Friday ,gradually getting colder over the weekend with colder air pushing south hard frost Sunday ,Snow spreads south Monday,gradually step by step we going into the FREEZER.!!!Most of UK COVERED BY SNOW BY 23 Jan.https://twitter.com/GavinPartridge/status/1084566786580889601/photo/1

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1