Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
4 hours ago, snefnug said:

Woodshed full, oil to be ordered, knitting at the ready......

Yeah ive been buying wool etc....food stocks....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Here we go again. Eyes down looking. Very early chance of snow.

I will however be missing out as i may be in Madeira when it arrives, wind in Funchal permitting. 

Posted

Wow! It doesn't seem long since we were talking about the snow,can't believe it! Eyes up looking......and so it begins.....it's the most wonderful time of the year! 

Looking forward to Andymusic updates,they keep me going in the winter! ❄️

• Like 4

Posted

Fantastic sun watching .solar activity low, as we approach the next solar cycle please read the link that shows you  whats happening expect the unexpected as we wild swings in weather .https://t.co/FzuB8QQapC

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely full moon,feeling really fresh at 2 degrees.....lush!  It's beginning to feel like winter! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
On 14/10/2018 at 19:08, Sir Clive said:

Close to Lampeter, Ceredigion. I measured 68mm in our garden on Friday, with some pretty tasty winds. Yesterday (Saturday), we topped that with 77.5mm. A little over fiveinches for those working in imperial.

A fair bit of localised flooding and a few landslips nearby. Homes and businesses flooded and a number of roads impassable.

151mm for the three days to sat 13th here near Lampeter, much of it fell in 36 hours. Easily my wettest day here, 0900 total on sat 80.6mm in 24 hours.

Posted

snow approaching Eastern Wales with plenty of reports of snow in the midlands, Brum etc - wonder how far this will come or will it just fade and die?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind and driving rain.
36 minutes ago, andymusic said:

snow approaching Eastern Wales with plenty of reports of snow in the midlands, Brum etc - wonder how far this will come or will it just fade and die?

It certainly feels cold enough for a few flakes. Some of yesterday's hail is still sitting on the ground and I've just scooped some out of the gutters. Fire has been lit, although kids are running around dressed for summer. I must be getting old..

Posted
1 hour ago, Sir Clive said:

It certainly feels cold enough for a few flakes. Some of yesterday's hail is still sitting on the ground and I've just scooped some out of the gutters. Fire has been lit, although kids are running around dressed for summer. I must be getting old..

Just had some snow ...freezing cold winds here.....................

• Like 2

Posted

Nice to see snowy,Here we go again ! you will see more model confusion over the coming week,The models cannot  handle a change to a more continental flow cold air is expanding across northern Europe eventually moving west.Atm looks like astray warming event will happen towards the end of the month.Nothing boring about UK weather.

• Like 3

Posted

I dont think i could handle the snow we had last winter ....

Posted
17 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Could be an overnight cold date record for Wales ...-

2E48DD1E-DD57-41AC-A37D-DB371AA30A87.thumb.png.6ee91145d952c7fc41795f9539ebff52.png

Min -8.0c here.

Posted
5 hours ago, TonyH said:

Min -8.0c here.

Gritters were out here last night and now this morning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Been nice to have the first few mornings of the season below freezing with a proper frost

I'm off to New York, staying in Time Square the first week of December so I'm hoping if we don't get any snow here I'll get some cold and snow out there! 

• Like 1

Posted

Good to be back for the silly season, solar min i'm excited, here's one of my recent time lapses from the Swansea Valley, some nice inversions in there.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind and driving rain.

Beautiful colours there. Autumn is a special time- no two days are the same.

October's rainfall here came in at more than double October 2017's figure of 4.13 inches. We recorded 220.5mm (8.68 inches). No wonder the shaded north-facing parts of our garden are still a little damp.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Another crisp and decidedly fresh day to day.  Not as cold as the past few days.  While walking stormy Norman on the Foel, above Glyn Ceiriog, rather stunned by the very large flocks of fieldfares this year.  All Rowan trees now completely stripped of their berries, when last Sunday they were still loaded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Misty murky day today, Meto said 13 degrees, but don’t think it got over 10-11.  Dry though which means fireworks around.  Last two nights wet, so not so many.  I am a bit grinchy re fireworks as cats get really spooked and there’s always some damn fool who does those thunderously loud ones, rather than the ickle pretty sparkly ones with the gentle ft ft whoosh noises.

Edited by snefnug