Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
11 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Potential for some places down south to see some falling snow tomorrow if the heavier precip makes it. Particularly over hills. Chance of some wet snow for a time due to evaporative cooling. Shouldn’t amount to anything on the ground mind. 

Yep I saw that, they're going for above 300m mainly. Hope the snow and rain stays away this week as I'm moving into my first house on Friday and could do with it staying dry. On the plus side I'll be moving to Thornhill which is nearly 100m absl which helps during snow events.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Now the cloud height has risen I can see fresh snow here overnight/this morning on the Moelwyns above c.400/500 metres.

Edited by kar999

Posted

Just seen the Yellow warning for RCT on Easter Monday and went to check the 7 day forecast for Pontypridd - really hope there's a problem with it as these temps must be a record breaker!! :cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

IMG_1948.thumb.PNG.056f35d626779d5552bdc265002c03b9.PNG

Edited by Alicol

Posted
1 hour ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Heard on the radio in one of the shops in Tenby that's its warming up through next week with highs of 15C! Bring it on I say :clap:

Oh I hope so , it's been a long winter ! Apparently there's a heatwave coming mid April , just in time for rugby tour ?!

Posted

Fresh snow again this morning at altitude around here.  

Posted
On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:32, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Heard on the radio in one of the shops in Tenby that's its warming up through next week with highs of 15C! Bring it on I say :clap:

be nice

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Snowing quite nicely here in valleys !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

lol .. just as I thought .. greetings from Norn Ireland .. b.c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Snow again.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

511453F5-8C41-4BC1-8B8C-C5A6D2EA9912.jpeg

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Guess not a gardening day today then?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, snefnug said:

Guess not a gardening day today then?

We gardened yesterday snefug as it was dry and dug over the beds ready for veg, yesterday they were standing 2" proud of the path, this morning they are the same level as the path ! 

I also emptied a large 2" deep plant watering tray just to see how much it rained last night, this morning it is full to overflowing ! 

However, here on the coast the rain has now stopped :)

Posted

Snow now melting, but we are brigadoon mistiville now, so am sat by logburner and have happily ordered vast quantities of veg seeds from http://www.realseeds.co.uk/index.html. Based in  Fishguard.  1 raised bed manure and tarped, 2 more needing weeding and de cat pooping, as the cooking fats  are too lazy to go too far in snow.  Looking forward to warmth and some vestige of spring.

Posted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Guu-mDvysxY

Here's a funny video from someone in the U.S. who doesn't actually like the snow. Wish it was like that here.

Posted

Crikey!  Bit ranty 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

At last it begins to feel like Spring in Pembrokeshire!  The sun was out yesterday and no rain now for over twenty four hours . :yahoo:.  It might seem like this is a very small matter to celebrate but if you had been here a few days ago with the ground unable to take any more rain and water flowing off the fields into the roads you might have been tempted to start building an ark.....   The only thing we need to dispense with now is the unnecessarily persistent wind which has been keeping temperatures down for, well, weeks really.   The forecast over the next few days is quite promising with lighter winds and a promise of double digit temperatures returning.  No more snow for me, please - it's simply not welcome anymore at this time of year.

Posted
3 hours ago, Sky Full said:

At last it begins to feel like Spring in Pembrokeshire!  The sun was out yesterday and no rain now for over twenty four hours . :yahoo:.  It might seem like this is a very small matter to celebrate but if you had been here a few days ago with the ground unable to take any more rain and water flowing off the fields into the roads you might have been tempted to start building an ark.....   The only thing we need to dispense with now is the unnecessarily persistent wind which has been keeping temperatures down for, well, weeks really.   The forecast over the next few days is quite promising with lighter winds and a promise of double digit temperatures returning.  No more snow for me, please - it's simply not welcome anymore at this time of year.

That's good to hear as we'll be down in North Pembrokeshire from tomorrow on one of our 3-4 visits per year. Can't wait.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
21 hours ago, abruzzi spur said:

That's good to hear as we'll be down in North Pembrokeshire from tomorrow on one of our 3-4 visits per year. Can't wait.

A little bit of rain is likely but the wind has dropped considerably so that's good!  We have some annoying showers this morning and heavy overcast skies but this is forecast to move away by midday.  Sunday looks like being the best day with no rain and quite sunny so double digit temperatures will feel quite pleasant in the sun.  If you haven't already been to see them don't miss a walk on the beach at Poppit Sands or Newport Sands - low tides will be early morning or late evening but there's enough beach to enjoy even at high tides.  The weather is forecast to improve over the next week so I'm hoping fo some proper Sping-like days in mid-April.   Enjoy your visit!

Edited by Sky Full
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

In a luxury lodge in beautiful mid Wales near Rhayader Powys ,heavy rain this morning then cleared to leave cloudy ,chilly conditions.  Looking out at the Welsh landscape landscape it looks more like  mid January than early April . Currently a poultry 8c here ,so there is only one thing for it ,a dip into the lodges luxury hot tub:yahoo: