Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

My prediction is over 20cm on higher ground easily and probably up to 15cm on low ground.

Snowing here.

snowing here too but the big stuff is just over the hill on radar - the amber/red alert stuff

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Wots everyone's thoughts on the snow? Light dusting or 10cm? I'm thinking light dusting for here even tho I'm in the Amber warning. I think it' going to b the small flakes again but not with the same intensity as the first beast

you gotta be kidding me - that stuff on radar is gonna give us a PASTING mate

• Like 1

Posted

Just a light dusting on cars, nothing sticking as yet but we've got an Amber warning in force from midnight so hopefully there'll be an upscale.

Posted

Evening All :D  

Currently have 'icing sugar' falling in Pembroke and pots I haven't bothered to empty (that filled with water) in the garden are icing over... 

Personally I'm ready for spring! :sorry:... Sorry... 

I'm already 3 weeks behind with my veg this year and my onions are germinating!!! Lol...  

Not that I'm obsessed with our weather... 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Jen Beachcomber said:

Evening All :D  

Currently have 'icing sugar' falling in Pembroke and pots I haven't bothered to empty (that filled with water) in the garden are icing over... 

Personally I'm ready for spring! :sorry:... Sorry... 

I'm already 3 weeks behind with my veg this year and my onions are germinating!!! Lol...  

Not that I'm obsessed with our weather... 

sun has gone to sleep and sun spot activity is dead - we could be in the cold well in april at this rate

Posted

in fact FI around easter is screaming further cold and snowy potential - we're turning into Siberia slowly lol:cold::wallbash::cold:

Posted
5 minutes ago, andymusic said:

sun has gone to sleep and sun spot activity is dead - we could be in the cold well in april at this rate

I've already read ' a lot' of the long term forecasts for this year Andy and I agree... 

Just hoping for our usual 'micro-climate' here on the coast of Pembrokeshire... sigh.. 

I can but hope! 

Last year I actually managed to grow Watermelons! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
1 hour ago, RhysWales said:

Bet you enjoyed that mate! Safe journey home. Reckon you should be okay- should just be getting underway around 10ish. 

Cheers mate.  We had VIP with Carlsberg and met players at end so more like 1am. Being dropped off in Newport first.  Fingers crossed lol

• Like 1

Posted

I'm expecting 5-10 cm generally within the amber alert area in Southeast Wales, up to 15 cm on high ground, with any depths greater than that confined to Southwest England. I don't expect the amber warning to go red this time, which is probably a good thing as severe winter weather this late in the season can cause havoc with our ecosystems and ewes and their newborn lambs inevitably suffer in huge numbers, too.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Simon SWales said:

Cheers mate.  We had VIP with Carlsberg and met players at end so more like 1am. Being dropped off in Newport first.  Fingers crossed lol

could be a bit dicey - you might have to find some b&b in Newport me-thinks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

I feel I may end up disappointed again. Curse snow shadows! It's snowpression all over again.

Posted
1 minute ago, thetipster said:

joke

I'm being optimistic as there're a few flakes falling, and cars are looking whiter. Nothing on the pavements/roads but still early and my Home and Dry app is looking good :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Not got anything here yet, was a light dusting of snow on the cars in Bridgend an hour ago but Tondu has nothing as of yet, fingers crossed for later though!

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

Not got anything here yet, was a light dusting of snow on the cars in Bridgend an hour ago but Tondu has nothing as of yet, fingers crossed for later though!

You'll be fine mate, it's all heading your way in due time. Surprised we already have probably half a cm here even before it's started.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Alicol said:

I'm being optimistic as there're a few flakes falling, and cars are looking whiter. Nothing on the pavements/roads but still early and my Home and Dry app is looking good :D

bucketing down up here - lovely layer of snow down now and the graigerhorn will be ready for pisting shortly - my welsh sherpas are working again on shift to get the ski lift set up ready for the break of dawn tomorrow - just took the husky out with my trusty ski goggles on in the blizzard I forecast over a week ago - beat that degsy mate lol

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

bucketing down up here - lovely layer of snow down now and the graigerhorn will be ready for pisting shortly - my welsh sherpas are working again on shift to get the ski lift set up ready for the break of dawn tomorrow - just took the husky out with my trusty ski goggles on in the blizzard I forecast over a week ago - beat that degsy mate lol

......in the blizzard I forecast over a week ago

?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain

Never thought we would get showers out of this set up being in the western extremes but that shower stream coming all the way from the east coast through the midlands has just left us with a nice covering. Hopefully more organised stuff tomorrow.

• Like 1