Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, MattTarrant said:

You saying I have been all talk & no action? 

Matt , This is how world wars start ....

To clarify ,Mr winter 17/18 has been all talk and no action so far .

Bottled it , all huff and bluster but no substance .

Very last chance this weekend or it’s thrown into the bin ,  black bag waste ,to go to landfill with the last 4 winters .

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, BendertheRobot said:

That's really all up to you. Demonstrate, using charts and knowledge, why he's wrong. Other twitter users will then make their own mind up.

We’re this the model ( mad ) thread I’d agree with you that charts are required to back up your opinions .

That is the premier league though , the regional forums are sub divisions with different rules .

Id say I was just above the relegation trap door to oblivion from the welsh forum and I’d rate myself to say Merthyr Tydfil or Connahs Quay Nomads   , Chiono is Man City , Steve Murr Liverpool ( great attack but leaky defence ) , etc you get the picture .

Bender the robot are you going for promotion this season ?

Im just hoping for a decent cup run , and a home tie versus Steve Murr or something - lol that would just be a slaughter ....

• Like 1

Posted

Amber Warning of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Neath Port Talbot valid from 0005 Sun 18 Mar to 2100 Sun 18 Mar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
16 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Matt , This is how world wars start ....

To clarify ,Mr winter 17/18 has been all talk and no action so far .

Bottled it , all huff and bluster but no substance .

Very last chance this weekend or it’s thrown into the bin ,  black bag waste ,to go to landfill with the last 4 winters .

I think for Swansea, It's been an average to decent winter. I think we now be in double figures of days where snow has fallen at some point (rare). It may not have delivered in depth but there is essentially only 1/2 ways Swansea would receive notable depth. These would be from a front from the west engaging with in situ cold, unlike these two cold outbreaks which have & will be to 'clean' for us (Unlikely to see much tonight/tomorrow 1/2 cm).  

Posted

Tonight should be interesting indeed,snow showers are sticking easiliy even the light ones impressive for mid-march.

I expect drifting tonight,nothing on the scale of last time but its like that today for wind but a slight dusting is not enough.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

This Derek stuff is nonsense

Firstly having been to the weather studio in Cardiff, i can tell you that the Chief forecaster in Exeter makes a broad forecast, of which all forecasters then have to keep broadly in line with. The regional forecaster may update Exeter if what happens locally is different from forecast, I.e Sleet or rain, becomes snow.  They update the forecast then.

The graphics are also pretty much nationwide with only small tweaks.

The forecast is of snow across most of Wales, but with some higher accumulations  near the South and East, the highest accumulations are currently forecast to be Over Devon and South West, as the system retreats that direction leaving them in risk zone earlier.

Southern Wales is quite possibly to be added to that higher risk area , but along coasts is borderline between becoming sleety. I would suggest more likely over Southern England, but Bristol channel also  effects not only convection (the plus) but also dew points ( the negative) Very touch and go  Tomorrow day for us. Heaviest snow likely in the areas where temperatures are close to marginal.

Like last time,  not everywhere will see large accumulations, Some will. This has already been the best year for many years for some and i do hope our friends in the more Western parts of wales get some action this time to share the fun. However what ever any forecaster says will make no difference to what you get, they do not make it snow or not, they just anywise data.

I have met Benhaz, Derek and civil contingency forecaster and i can tell you know all are very professional and friendly. I do talk more with Ian F but thats just he is more of a social media person,

I think we should be talking more about our current weather and not being disrespectful to people who are not here to defend themselves. Its a bit like trolling. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tips
6 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

netweather radar showing plenty of snow over us ' however there is nothing at all falling from the sky .:cc_confused:

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

yes frozen ice crystals at cloud level giving a false ppn echo 

Edited by thetipster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
53 minutes ago, thetipster said:

looking like a snow event starting from Saturday 22:00hrs until sunday midday

yeah, and every run seems to slightly upgrade it too? maybe room for another slight upgrade?

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

netweather radar showing plenty of snow over us ' however there is nothing at all falling from the sky .:cc_confused:

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

very light right now - exactly what euro4 had in mind for now - it'll get interesting later tonight I think and then the on slaught tomoz - this was just the prawn cocktail today lol

Posted

Another snow shower now,last shower even drifted off the field as the wind was so strong,theres nothing to drift crazy.

Posted
1 hour ago, pyrotech said:

This Derek stuff is nonsense

Firstly having been to the weather studio in Cardiff, i can tell you that the Chief forecaster in Exeter makes a broad forecast, of which all forecasters then have to keep broadly in line with. The regional forecaster may update Exeter if what happens locally is different from forecast, I.e Sleet or rain, becomes snow.  They update the forecast then.

The graphics are also pretty much nationwide with only small tweaks.

The forecast is of snow across most of Wales, but with some higher accumulations  near the South and East, the highest accumulations are currently forecast to be Over Devon and South West, as the system retreats that direction leaving them in risk zone earlier.

Southern Wales is quite possibly to be added to that higher risk area , but along coasts is borderline between becoming sleety. I would suggest more likely over Southern England, but Bristol channel also  effects not only convection (the plus) but also dew points ( the negative) Very touch and go  Tomorrow day for us. Heaviest snow likely in the areas where temperatures are close to marginal.

Like last time,  not everywhere will see large accumulations, Some will. This has already been the best year for many years for some and i do hope our friends in the more Western parts of wales get some action this time to share the fun. However what ever any forecaster says will make no difference to what you get, they do not make it snow or not, they just anywise data.

I have met Benhaz, Derek and civil contingency forecaster and i can tell you know all are very professional and friendly. I do talk more with Ian F but thats just he is more of a social media person,

I think we should be talking more about our current weather and not being disrespectful to people who are not here to defend themselves. Its a bit like trolling. 

Woah your model forum material butt so yeah your right .

Im just connahs quay nomads but your like Everton or Watford - premier league but not right up there with the champions league big hitters .

I agree with you and anyone who has said anything negative towards Derek should hang their heads in shame .

Come on guys this is a weather enthusiast forum leave him alone ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Quite a mix of moderate snow/hail showers here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

...Getting darker snow blowing around....ground iced over......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

You're going to be snowed in again tomorrow lol.

I kNOW GETTING used to it now.....got supplies.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Snowing and blowing here ! :cold::yahoo:Strumble Head lighthouse ! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

i have a sneaky feeling this event may be a bit better for the valleys slightly further west than the event two weeks ago.

heavy snow shower here in Maesteg now, and it is drifting, on the roads and off the roofs of the cars too

two weeks back the marginality meant it was melting on the roads, until it really got going, and when it was ending too. this SEEMS more promising, but we'll see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Evening everyone just got home from Alton towers  booked it in Jan so have to go rides were closed do to weather so nice yesterday when we drove up 15 c today  2- blizzard conditions this afternoon on M6 coming home looks like a cold Easter as well.

Posted
1 hour ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Woah your model forum material butt so yeah your right .

Im just connahs quay nomads but your like Everton or Watford - premier league but not right up there with the champions league big hitters .

I agree with you and anyone who has said anything negative towards Derek should hang their heads in shame .

Come on guys this is a weather enthusiast forum leave him alone ?

Yes he is right and though the post has been removed (thankfully) anyone suggesting using Twitter as a medium for abuse should hang their heads in shame.

Edited by Alicol
grammar