Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Chucking it down here quite big flakes as well and now blowing everywhere in the wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
29 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What part are you in?

Just popped into Tesco (western ave)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

Going to watch Wales later and I should be ok to drive back from Cardiff to Bargoed - that is before the fun starts isn't it?

I've not been able to keep up with forecast last 2 days!

Posted
1 minute ago, Fujita scale said:

Going to watch Wales later and I should be ok to drive back from Cardiff to Bargoed - that is before the fun starts isn't it?

Looks like the heavier snow arrives early hours. I see Derek is playing down the snow even though the warning states up to 25cm.

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 hours ago, MattTarrant said:

'There is the potential for 5-10 cm of snow to fall quite widely'

If I can build that snowman tomorrow for my daughter then I will tick off winter 17/18 as a pass or grade C.

At the moment this winter is somewhere between F and E .

Last time I went to bed early on that Thursday night after a few hours of lamposting ,watching the swirling powder crap fall expecting to see a good 5cm + blanket in the morning.

Woke up , dashed to the curtain and then it started , the biggest ever let down , WTF ? , it just went from bad to worse as I thought ok don’t panic we still have All Friday to go , but nothing , nada .

This time expectations are as low as they can be .

Winter 17/18 you have been warned, you have one last chance to scrape through with a low pass grade or you will be rejected .

So far you have been all talk and no action , this weekend is judgement time .

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Looks like the heavier snow arrives early hours. I see Derek is playing down the snow even though the warning states up to 25cm.

This could be Dereks last forecast .

When you compare him to the likes of Chris Fawkes , Thomas Schaferknacker , Ian Ferguson , Phil Avery etc it makes you realise it’s a waste of licence payers money .

We really are scraping the barrel with Derek.

Dont feel sorry for him , it’s a serious job , it’s business ,no sympathy , job centre , no reference given ,P45.

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Fujita scale said:

maybe lol

Posted
31 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

he just never learns - time for retirement and time for my email into the bbc I think

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, andymusic said:

he just never learns - time for retirement and time for my email into the bbc I think

I think he has been reading the accurate comments on this forum and even though he knows he was criminally wrong last time , he is just so stubborn and it’s a nose cutting to spite face scenario this time .

I think this indifference is a direct attack against you Andy .

But not only that it’s an attack against weather itself and carried out on British soil .

I think we should stand together, not be scared and do the right thing - expulsion .

There will be retalliation as he has some really hard fanatical mates - but Andy will protect us somehow .

Posted

Just driven through moderate snow shower between New Hedges-Kilgetty-Templeton... 2.5c there. Awesome!

Few flakes blowing around in the wind in Tenby, bit of rain too. Bit warmer down by the sea, 3.5c here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

All this talk of Derek is getting boring. I think everyone has made their point clear. 

Be better concentrating on the weather conditions in Wales. 

Currently dry here in Cwmbach after earlier snow 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, JamesL said:

All this talk of Derek is getting boring. I think everyone has made their point clear. 

I fully agree , and once he has gone we can concentrate purely on the weather .

????????

Cold , breezy , a few flakes in the air here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, JamesL said:

aye. Come on. Whether you rate him as a forecaster or not, he seems a pretty decent guy. Time to move on. we have far more positive/interesting things to discuss.

Posted

Derek is, as far as I recall, still skiing. So any forecasts will simply be a repeat of the Chief Forecaster's assessment. He's retweeting what some of the charts currently show. 

How about, if you want to call him out to the BBC, just post on his twitter feed and debate him?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
2 hours ago, Seasonal weather required said:

If I can build that snowman tomorrow for my daughter then I will tick off winter 17/18 as a pass or grade C.

At the moment this winter is somewhere between F and E .

Last time I went to bed early on that Thursday night after a few hours of lamposting ,watching the swirling powder crap fall expecting to see a good 5cm + blanket in the morning.

Woke up , dashed to the curtain and then it started , the biggest ever let down , WTF ? , it just went from bad to worse as I thought ok don’t panic we still have All Friday to go , but nothing , nada .

This time expectations are as low as they can be .

Winter 17/18 you have been warned, you have one last chance to scrape through with a low pass grade or you will be rejected .

So far you have been all talk and no action , this weekend is judgement time .

You saying I have been all talk & no action? 

Posted
2 hours ago, Seasonal weather required said:

I think he has been reading the accurate comments on this forum and even though he knows he was criminally wrong last time , he is just so stubborn and it’s a nose cutting to spite face scenario this time .

I think this indifference is a direct attack against you Andy .

But not only that it’s an attack against weather itself and carried out on British soil .

I think we should stand together, not be scared and do the right thing - expulsion .

There will be retalliation as he has some really hard fanatical mates - but Andy will protect us somehow .

we all need to turn up at bbc llandaff with big placards saying - DOWN WITH DEGSY - What do we want - DOWN WITH DEGSY lol:rofl: When do we want it - NOW

Posted
22 minutes ago, BendertheRobot said:

Derek is, as far as I recall, still skiing. So any forecasts will simply be a repeat of the Chief Forecaster's assessment. He's retweeting what some of the charts currently show. 

How about, if you want to call him out to the BBC, just post on his twitter feed and debate him?

but when you do that he gets all egotiscal and arrogant on your butt - he's not a nice guy to talk to even when you try and be pleasant with him

Posted
1 hour ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

aye. Come on. Whether you rate him as a forecaster or not, he seems a pretty decent guy. Time to move on. we have far more positive/interesting things to discuss.

he's only a decent guy when he knows the cameras are on him - he's what actors would call in the trade - a luvvie - he's more interested in trying to look good on tv than doing the forecast - so the fame is of more interest to him than being a practical forecaster and helping people - the guys in London, certainly more well known but are far superior forecasters and are not on the tv for fame - except maybe Miss Kirkwood - but the rest of them are more interested in being informative and making sure they emotionally connect when they do a forecast to make sure they are getting the correct message about the forecast over to Joe Public

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, andymusic said:

but when you do that he gets all egotiscal and arrogant on your butt - he's not a nice guy to talk to even when you try and be pleasant with him

That's really all up to you. Demonstrate, using charts and knowledge, why he's wrong. Other twitter users will then make their own mind up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had bits of light snow when I was in Cathays in Cardiff this morning. Nothing since I've got back home to Tondu expect a strong wind. Interesting to see how tonight/tomorrow goes, not long to wait now!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

Had bits of light snow when I was in Cathays in Cardiff this morning. Nothing since I've got back home to Tondu expect a strong wind. Interesting to see how tonight/tomorrow goes, not long to wait now!

Fingers crossed, warning just updated and not much change only extended towards Cornwall. Surely this can't go wrong or can it? 10cm snow would be brilliant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

Light to moderate snow showers for most of the morning in Trefriw. Nothing settling, but exciting prospects this evening & overnight across most of Wales by the look of the models! Except ICON... don’t look at ICON. 

Fingers crossed.