Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayne aka Pembsgal said:

Carmarthen about 1 hour ago was teaming down, video too big to post, llandowror was very dodgy but we made it home, I hope there is no more now ! 

When it goes past now its over.

Posted

I really wanted this snow but after just having to drive home in it after thinking it was over I can safely say if I never ever see it again it will be too soon! #sorrynotsorry 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jayne aka Pembsgal said:

I really wanted this snow but after just having to drive home in it after thinking it was over I can safely say if I never ever see it again it will be too soon! #sorrynotsorry 

By the middle of the night it will be rain:sorry::sorry:

Posted
7 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Snowing heavy again here and sticking / settling :rofl::yahoo::pardon:

U will be the last to get it in south wales, when it leaves u the beast will have left the building.:sorry:

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

goodbye winter 2017/2018..it's been emotional 

Posted

It can still snow heavily in april you know.

Longest driest gap of this cold spell today,temp -1.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

The winter that promised so much and didn’t deliver here in Swansea but hey ho that’s the way it goes sometimes. I’m off to warmer climbs on Wednesday paphos a balmy 22oC let’s be having you :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

Gotta wait until the morning to comment , too emotion al at the moment lol

Posted
Just now, Stevetynant said:

Gotta wait until the morning to comment , too emotion al at the moment lol

I've got the beast from the East blues now that it's finally gone.:sorry::sorry:

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Stevetynant said:

It is a lottery in the UK The North usually do well every winter and the East when we get the rare Easterly. Every year I've been on the forums I hear the term "Beast from the East" but this is the first time it has really delivered for Wales and the Storm from Portugal couldn't have come at a better time- Thursday and Friday as well - it has been like winning the lottery here in the S Wales Valleys- how long will we have to wait to see its like again?

It must have been a fantastic feeling to get the big win on the back of an easterly. This one is really old school with the atlantic fronts bumping into the frigid cold air. We are approaching solar minimum so a very good chance of quite a few very cold, snowy spells for the UK in the next 5 years or so. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
3 hours ago, Clazbod said:

Unbelieveable depth to the snow drifts around Rhoose and East Aberthaw. Surreal to walk along the top of the hedge line which must be about 7ft high in places!!

CE85382A-632C-4432-9DDD-3FE132DF5E18.jpeg

C8CADD4B-630D-45D3-9807-6EE2F328118D.jpeg

AB3DC1DA-E3BE-494E-A29C-857D03BC7EC6.jpeg

C0DA7C5D-DE0A-40C5-80FD-8754E35FDE0A.jpeg

8D7AA65E-7D04-4AFA-AF42-0089CD69A7B2.jpeg

image.thumb.png.e3350ebe42ed7a81c8bb492b0f89b1a7.pngGives a perspective of the severity.

• Like 4

Posted
25 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Me too, horrible seeing it all melt quickly! Depressing.

I'm just glad people  in newport/cardiff got to enjoy the snow, normally they miss out. I'm glad i found out ( its been years) what my pass word was so i could come in here. Lets hope we get one more chance before spring is sprung.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Feel the same really been on hear for a few years Cardiff does miss out on most snow events being low down enjoyed the build up to it as the models up and down beast then no beast reminded me the winters I experienced when I was a kid glad my kids experienced this as who knows when we will meet the beast again the kid in me always enjoyed the weather what ever it brings.

• Like 2

Posted

Having moved here from Portsmouth last October where we get less snow than you lot I feel tres lucky lol

Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously

When I loaded up Netweather just now on the computer, it shows part of Michael Fish's bald head at the bottom of the screen and it's disturbing until you scroll down and see what's going on properly in context. Not sure I've posted in the right place, but I am in Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
7 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Me too, horrible seeing it all melt quickly! Depressing.

Weve still got masses all around us.......cant get out for it.....

Posted

The drip drip drip of a thaw going on here. Doesn't seem to be hardly (if any) reduction of depth but the snow on the roofs of the houses opposite has slid off, woke me up it was that loud....good job no-one was stood underneath ? Current +1c, warmest it's been for days!

Posted

Lagged my pipes in shed all bar a valve and guess what the valve broke. Wife woke me up to say have a river coming out of the shed. 

Son off to B&q for me to pick up replacement valve. He lives near the main rd on the mountain and all the main rds are open in Caerphilly.

Friend sent my wife a picture of a road that has been cleared in the area. A snow plough had been down the road and the cars on the bottom of the dead end have been buried by the snow pushed down the street and the houses either side cant get out of their drives without serious digging after he came down 

Posted

They will have get their backs into it and shovel it out lol.

Very thick fog now and a very slow thaw at 2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

After the chase and then seeing the event unfold, as well as not getting a whole lot of sleep through excitement, I'm knackered and definitely have the snow blues. 

I for one would love to see more snow but spring is here and for me now it's all about searching for spring warmth and the first day above 21c 

Edited by JamesL
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Heavy snow for a couple of hours this morning.  Now 2 degrees c and dense fog.  Will be glad when it goes, or not, as it will uncover all the catpoo that Vinnieboy has crapped as near  to the house as he could possibly get.

still, another afternoon by the fire.  Will do fine.