Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Someone come and dig us out lol! Photo doesn't do it justice ... You're walking about a foot above the road in some places. Really hard work...like trying to walk through quicksand, keep sinking into it!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
19 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Snowing here lol.

No way. Rain still in centre but can feel temp dropping. We may perhaps have one last glimse of snow for a hour or so if it can drop that’s little bit further

Posted

Snowing in Cardiff again ??❄️

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Any snow left in cardiff!!!

Yes still a good covering almost everywhere. Havent left house today but our road and garden still deep. But I hear major roads and pavements fine now. Seems to have thawed where it was thin cover on pavements etc but the drifts in garden and on our estate not going anywhere quite yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yeah snowing here albeit wet in Cardiff! A band of precipitation on itS way from the B.Channel and with it arriving with the sun setting and temps dropping it could produce heavier snow which might give a dusting. 

Posted

Unbelieveable depth to the snow drifts around Rhoose and East Aberthaw. Surreal to walk along the top of the hedge line which must be about 7ft high in places!!

CE85382A-632C-4432-9DDD-3FE132DF5E18.jpeg

C8CADD4B-630D-45D3-9807-6EE2F328118D.jpeg

AB3DC1DA-E3BE-494E-A29C-857D03BC7EC6.jpeg

C0DA7C5D-DE0A-40C5-80FD-8754E35FDE0A.jpeg

8D7AA65E-7D04-4AFA-AF42-0089CD69A7B2.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Clazbod said:

Unbelieveable depth to the snow drifts around Rhoose and East Aberthaw. Surreal to walk along the top of the hedge line which must be about 7ft high in places!!

CE85382A-632C-4432-9DDD-3FE132DF5E18.jpeg

C8CADD4B-630D-45D3-9807-6EE2F328118D.jpeg

AB3DC1DA-E3BE-494E-A29C-857D03BC7EC6.jpeg

C0DA7C5D-DE0A-40C5-80FD-8754E35FDE0A.jpeg

8D7AA65E-7D04-4AFA-AF42-0089CD69A7B2.jpeg

WOW - Amazing photos ' thanks for sharing , know that place well and also at the end of the road is the Fontygary Pub . Some great time is there back in the 1980's also is the chip shop still there when you go under the bridge to acces Fontygary Bay . was a lovely chippy back in the day .

Posted
19 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

WOW - Amazing photos ' thanks for sharing , know that place well and also at the end of the road is the Fontygary Pub . Some great time is there back in the 1980's also is the chip shop still there when you go under the bridge to acces Fontygary Bay . was a lovely chippy back in the day .

Yes the chip shop under the bridge (Fonty Chips) is still there and does the best chips around!!

• Like 1

Posted

Just popping in to congratulate all you lucky Welsh people on those epic snowfalls. I am truly happy for all you Welsh snow lovers, you deserve it :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, blizzard81 said:

Just popping in to congratulate all you lucky Welsh people on those epic snowfalls. I am truly happy for all you Welsh snow lovers, you deserve it :)

Have u had much in yorkshire!!!

Posted

Snowing again here as well this has been amazing - MO has got heavy rain for tomorrow and to be fair they've been pretty good locally for us so one last hurrah before we only have our photos to remind us but what an event!!

20180302_115844.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Some of us were hugely unlucky and now temps increasing and we’ve got masses of precipitation thats wet snow at best but there we are until next time! 

Posted
Just now, snowy36 said:

Have u had much in yorkshire!!!

We had about 6 inches tops where I live which is on low ground. Can't complain but we have faired much better in past classic easterlies. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Snowing again here as well this has been amazing - MO has got heavy rain for tomorrow and to be fair they've been pretty good locally for us so one last hurrah before we only have our photos to remind us but what an event!!

20180302_115844.jpg

If someone had said last weekend we would have 3 days of snow i would have taken it,  and 2 snow days :yahoo:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Cymro said:

Some of us were hugely unlucky and now temps increasing and we’ve got masses of precipitation thats wet snow at best but there we are until next time! 

I do feel your pain my friend as I have gone through the same in past cold events. Let's hope you get the luck you deserve next time. 

Posted

If this is the end tonight then what a way to go out and that is with heavy snow and some real good quality snow, everything that didn't have snow on is now covered again.:)  This could be the heaviest snow we've had this week

Edited by snowy36

Posted

I do feel your pain my friend as I have gone through the same in past cold events. Let's hope you get the luck you deserve next time. 

It is a lottery in the UK The North usually do well every winter and the East when we get the rare Easterly. Every year I've been on the forums I hear the term "Beast from the East" but this is the first time it has really delivered for Wales and the Storm from Portugal couldn't have come at a better time- Thursday and Friday as well - it has been like winning the lottery here in the S Wales Valleys- how long will we have to wait to see its like again?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Stevetynant said:

It is a lottery in the UK The North usually do well every winter and the East when we get the rare Easterly. Every year I've been on the forums I hear the term "Beast from the East" but this is the first time it has really delivered for Wales and the Storm from Portugal couldn't have come at a better time- Thursday and Friday as well - it has been like winning the lottery here in the S Wales Valleys- how long will we have to wait to see its like again?

Who knows when we'll see it again and thats why i made sure i went out and around my village today to take lots of pictures and to enjoy it.

Posted

We now have snow ! after being with out water for 4 days as the pump froze and a dusting at the most !!

Posted

Heavy wintry mix now, alternating between sleet and wet snow. The thaw has well and truly set in here on lower ground- drifts still here but the thinner/ moderate coverings are no more. Looks horrible out there! What an end to winter. We had a decent covering here in early December and a good 10-15cm of level snow from this event. The drift at the entrance to my driveway was at least 3 feet, which took some time to clear away this morning! 

Looks like a very chilly and wet march ahead. Some of you higher up I'm sure will maybe be in for a few shots more of snow yet, but nothing major showing for most. A fine end to a half-decent winter. Wish we could just get into spring weather if we're not going to have deep cold, but I think we're in for a good month or so of wet and sometimes stormy whether. 

I'll be back in here should there be any other chances of wintryness, and in the summer if there are some good chances of thunderstorm. Otherwise, catch all of you for winter 2018/19. 

Have a great spring and summer everyone!

Edited by RhysWales
  • Like 5