Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Back to rain in Cardiff. Slow thaw beginning too although it’s going to take a while, particularly for the deep drifts. Temp up to almost 2c now.

This is where the 200m above sea level comes in handy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

That's me done then. Next time you'll see the little fella to the left will be when there's another 'beast' coming.

Was excellent for some, but not for all, so it doesn't make the EPIC list. Sorry 2018, you had your chance, and blew it. Although, no, you didn't blow it half well enough, to join 47, 63, 78 and 82. Must try harder. It's the end of the season now, very few opportunities left to redeem yourself!, so you've only got the start of next season to play for! Get on that training pitch, and practise your defence, cos the way that mild attack went past you, you should be ashamed of yourself! Now get down and give me 50 press ups!!

Oh well done on beating Cardiff though! That was a really good performance! OK, make it 25 press ups!

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

That's me done then. Next time you'll see the little fella to the left will be when there's another 'beast' coming.

Was excellent for some, but not for all, so it doesn't make the EPIC list. Sorry 2018, you had your chance, and blew it. Although, no, you didn't blow it half well enough, to join 47, 63, 78 and 82. Must try harder. It's the end of the season now, very few opportunities left to redeem yourself!, so you've only got the start of next season to play for! Get on that training pitch, and practise your defence, cos the way that mild attack went past you, you should be ashamed of yourself! Now get down and give me 50 press ups!!

Oh well done on beating Cardiff though! That was a really good performance! OK, make it 25 press ups!

I think its been Epic for the chase, we've had the chase on since the end of november . Some found it and some just lost out, unlike the last 5 years when we didn't have a clue where it was .

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing quite heavily here now as well - MO got this pretty much spot on for 10am - temps holding out at about freezing but will have to do the dreaded snow removal off drive later today as looks like heavy rain at times forecast tomorrow and gonna have to get to work on Monday one way or the other

image.thumb.png.e89f9b8401c9fb4520da854b9b0573ba.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

How many times could u say u built a snowman in cardiff , i bet not many.

Never mate, only 2010 and 2013 I can remember decent enough snow but this has beat that easy. Still snowing here now.

• Like 1

Posted

If only the SSW had happened at the start of january , we would all still be looking around the corner for the next cold spell.  I think spring will throw up a few surprises , and we might get one more chase before its all over.:)  Look to the north for heights to build in around two weeks.

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

If only the SSW had happened at the start of january , we would all still be looking around the corner for the next cold spell.  I think spring will throw up a few surprises , and we might get one more chase before its all over.:)

I think this is it though - its been brilliant - couldn't have happened at a better time for me- not desperate to be in work so booked holidays- two days constant snow and to be honest if we hadn't had the wind and the small grainy snow it would have been pretty desperate times up in the Valleys.

Roll on spring now- two pretty good snow falls this winter - I would settle for that going forward bearing in mind what we've had the last 5 years or so. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

I think this is it though - its been brilliant - couldn't have happened at a better time for me- not desperate to be in work so booked holidays- two days constant snow and to be honest if we hadn't had the wind and the small grainy snow it would have been pretty desperate times up in the Valleys.

Roll on spring now- two pretty good snow falls this winter - I would settle for that going forward bearing in mind what we've had the last 5 years or so. 

Look to the north in around two weeks , i think the hudson vortex has weakened   so there's a chance to get heights up there. Could be wrong but we will see.

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1

Posted

Just started to snow here, bigger flakes than what we've been used to. Currently -1c. Watching the progress on the radar was very painful lol! Looks like there's a fair bit to come.

Posted

I'm not saying it won't happen but for this year this will do for me (as if that matters to be honest lol)

Roll on proper Spring

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Rain now and thaw starting.

although doubt our garden will be melting that quickly!! Very impressive for sea level in a city centre. 

A mixed week for Wales, bitter for all but feel really sorry for the Bridgend to Llanelli line. Really unfortunate about the shadow. But for us in Cardiff, it was probably the best snow event here since 1982 I imagine? To get snow as deep as it has been at Sea Level in March is pretty impressive. It’s a shame it wasn’t at the start of the cold spell so we could hang on to it a bit longer. But a historic event here nevertheless. 51cm lying snow at St Athan on the coast. The drifts in the valleys really impressive too.

In regard to the winter, early December was unlucky. That could have also been a great snowfall in Cardiff and rest of southern coastal Wales but we were only just the wrong side of marginal. Further inland was great. So for the people who had that snowfall, you will have also had this weeks heavy snow. For you, two great events this winter from frontal snowfall. Not a historic winter on the whole, but a good finish and probably a historic event for areas in South East Wales this week.

Relatives in Pembrokeshire also had a great event Thursday/Friday with easily the worst low level snow there since 2010 too. 

We might just scrape another cold spell out of this winter but approaching mid March you want to start to see a warm up not bitterly cold weather. Nevertheless looks the potential for some more cold weather. Would take a lot for low level snow though later into March.

enjoy the last of the snow!

FB0AA1BB-604C-4BEC-8263-6B3D01D6F7B4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
5 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Rain now and thaw starting.

although doubt our garden will be melting that quickly!! Very impressive for sea level in a city centre. 

A mixed week for Wales, bitter for all but feel really sorry for the Bridgend to Llanelli line. Really unfortunate about the shadow. But for us in Cardiff, it was probably the best snow event here since 1982 I imagine? To get snow as deep as it has been at Sea Level in March is pretty impressive. It’s a shame it wasn’t at the start of the cold spell so we could hang on to it a bit longer. But a historic event here nevertheless. 51cm lying snow at St Athan on the coast. The drifts in the valleys really impressive too.

In regard to the winter, early December was unlucky. That could have also been a great snowfall in Cardiff and rest of southern coastal Wales but we were only just the wrong side of marginal. Further inland was great. So for the people who had that snowfall, you will have also had this weeks heavy snow. For you, two great events this winter from frontal snowfall. Not a historic winter on the whole, but a good finish and probably a historic event for areas in South East Wales this week.

Relatives in Pembrokeshire also had a great event Thursday/Friday with easily the worst low level snow there since 2010 too. 

We might just scrape another cold spell out of this winter but approaching mid March you want to start to see a warm up not bitterly cold weather. Nevertheless looks the potential for some more cold weather. Would take a lot for low level snow though later into March.

enjoy the last of the snow!

FB0AA1BB-604C-4BEC-8263-6B3D01D6F7B4.png

When this lot goes im expecting some more next weekend...

Back to the plain old rain in Porthcawl. I was really hoping the gales would have finally cleared with the snow but sadly that's not case, which makes it very hard to go walking and take photos before the snow melts after all it could be 8+ years before we see it here again. In my opinion it's these relentless gales that's ruined this snow event for us unlike 2010 when winds were much lighter. Temperature now 4C 

Edited by Jonathan Rhodri Roberts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Started snowing again here, looks like the beast is not yet done and is starting to wake back up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Sleety rain here and the snow is very quickly melting now

Posted

We have been religiously feeding the birds every couple of hours during the snow and have had literally 30 or 40 birds down at a time including field fares and redwings 

there was one friendly thrush that was coming up and looking through the window thought I would get the camera our and take some pics

as I was taking the first one the second one happened 

circle of life wife is gutted

D604948B-1063-4F70-B023-FED71B186752.jpeg

1CB6AB69-91EF-40E4-BFB4-8614C7030B3B.png

Posted
1 hour ago, snowy36 said:

Look to the north in around two weeks , i think the hudson vortex has weakened   so there's a chance to get heights up there. Could be wrong but we will see.

Well I've seen snow in the south at the end of April before so you never know ..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Snowing in Brynmawr........................

• Like 1