Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

So theoretically that ppn should hit us?

If the low gets near us, we will probably have whats around the back so keep a eye out whats going around it.

• Like 1

Posted

This thread this week when looking at our prospects reminds me a little of this:

1432821201-choc.gif?fill=320:231&resize=

GIVE US MORE!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

So theoretically that ppn should hit us?

no, what we are saying is IF it pulls away, down the channel, into Benelux,, aka a 'channel low', it'll pull all of the precipitation west of us right over all of us. of course this will mean it completely going against predictions, so unlikely, but IS IT, given the complete pigs ear the models made in the run up to this?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Baldy Snowman said:

no, what we are saying is IF it pulls away, down the channel, into Benelux,, aka a 'channel low', it'll pull all of the precipitation west of us right over all of us. of course this will mean it completely going against predictions, so unlikely, but IS IT, given the complete pigs ear the models made in the run up to this?

Bloody hell, you never know. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, thetipster said:

this  system over france moves north over night with the model saying 11.4 cm for south wales  

overview_018.jpg

That is just about perfect and thats why we want it to go slightly east.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

this  system over france moves north over night with the model saying 11.4 cm for south wales  

overview_018.jpg

UNLESS the beast bites back? what IF the low struggles to move north? instead slowly spinning it way ENE, just as it is doing now? it isn't going to take much more movement that way to start pulling the really heavy stuff in the Irish sea over some of us imho. i simply dont trust the charts with this situation after the last two weeks of watching them. insane roller-coaster ride it was. OK, they're probably right, but the positioning is bound to be slightly more in our favour now, seeing as it is slightly more east than forecast?

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Chances of this happening? Is it likely

Yes but its always tight in these situations , around 4 am

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lindy2222 said:

Im scared now.....our front gate is nearly covered and the wall...my son has been digging tunnels....but in the morning another few feet......

Your high up I see too,we`re all cut off here just like march 2013,no snow plough can tackle these massive drifts,all the best snowblowers of the 80`s were sold thinking there would be no more snow like this because of this pathetic agenda called global warming.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
1 minute ago, Baldy Snowman said:

UNLESS the beast bites back? what IF the low struggles to move north? instead slowly spinning it way ENE, just as it is doing now? it isn't going to take much more movement that way to start pulling the really heavy stuff in the Irish sea over some of us imho. i simply dont trust the charts with this situation after the last two weeks of watching them. insane roller-coaster ride it was. OK, they're probably right, but the positioning is bound to be slightly more in our favour now, seeing as it is slightly more east than forecast?

I'd say the beast has moved away, its a case the low can do what it wants because theres no jet stream over us.  So it could do what ever it wants. Keep it going east for a bit i say.

Posted

The snow moving up from France was forecasted to reach us but only light precipation ,It looks more active than that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The Met Office said the UK has officially broken its record for the lowest temperatures for March in a 24-hour period.

Temperatures in the town of Tredegar in south Wales did not get above -5.2C.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ukwoody said:

The Met Office said the UK has officially broken its record for the lowest temperatures for March in a 24-hour period.

Temperatures in the town of Tredegar in south Wales did not get above -5.2C.

Oh yes it was -4.6ish , one record for wales:yahoo:

Posted

Pasting it down with snow here for the last hour or two, despite the radar showing very light and patchy stuff over us. Sublime!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Firstly, the low is no longer circulating, also the ppn over irish sea wasn’t associated with the low and still isnt. The front that delivered for cardiff stalled in channel delivering your snow and has now occluded and over midlands. The low can only go 1 way and it isnt east. Also the pon over irish sea is dying. ?

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Pasting it down with snow here for the last hour or two, despite the radar showing very light and patchy stuff over us. Sublime!

Much better snow as well, our type of snow ( warmish snow) not that horrible cold snow:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
1 minute ago, thetipster said:

the gfs  model looks best

overview_018gfs.jpg

That shows rain here, send it back :nonono:I'm sure it would be snow though if temps we as they are. If we could just nudge that heavier precip a bit further west for a change :p

Posted

the gfs  model looks best

overview_018gfs.jpg

We'll all be clued to the radar and watching what/where that low goes.

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

That shows rain here, send it back :nonono:I'm sure it would be snow though if temps we as they are. If we could just nudge that heavier precip a bit further west for a change :p

We want that low touching wales ( give her a little tickle) before it goes back out to sea.

Posted

This is what I woke up to this morning.. probably had another 3 or 4 inches since then, and it's still chucking it down!  

We walked to the local shop this morning, usually a 10 minute walk.. took us 30 minutes at least.. it was horrible!  Normally I love snow, but this somehow felt wrong.. malevolent even, Mother Nature is seriously p****d off!!! :shok:

The wind, and force of the drifting, blowing snow, was frankly scary :unsure2:

Don't think I'll be going anywhere for a while..

snow 1.jpg

snow 2.jpg

snow 3.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

Much better snow as well, our type of snow ( warmish snow) not that horrible cold snow:rofl:

Yesterday's snow was great for creating big drifts but you're right, the flakes were small and it blowing about left too many bare patches which are now being filled in by what's falling. Best of both worlds!

• Like 2