Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
55 minutes ago, StingJet said:

Try the "weather type" button changes the animation to snowfall rate

Is that the shades of pink plot? Thanks.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

I agree in where the met should e be issueing more warnings, snowfall here just as bad or worse than yesterday with a lot more to come.

Also I have few snow shovels which I bought the other day, if anyone wants to buy them, I'm located in Penylan, PM if you're interested. 

they've been shocking on this snow event - some of them deserved to be sacked and the £100 million pound computer should be taken out of someones salary because they didn't warn people soon enough - which they could have because we knew - so that would have stopped people dying and being caught out in this and possibly could lead to real problems - so i'm in the camp that heads should role for this - stuff the scaremongering or crying wolf - i'd rather have someone warn me and get prepped so that I can cope with the problem rather than be left not knowing soon enough and be caught out and risk my life - SO SOMEONE or PEOPLE SHOULD BE SACKED WHO DIDN'T WARN SOON ENOUGH - MET OFFICE/BEEB/METEOGROUP - DEREK who was smiling like a Cheshire cat and saying ooooooh we're gonna have a bit of cold - knowing full well it was gonna be like this

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

Highly selfish of me but I want a streamer from a Nwstly to align between Aberaeron and Swansea and to last 24 hours at least while the rest of you watch in ore because this is probably the most most cruel weather setup I’ve ever witnessed for this part of the world! 

Edited by Cymro

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

they've been shocking on this snow event - some of them deserved to be sacked and the £100 million pound computer should be taken out of someones salary because they didn't warn people soon enough - which they could have because we knew - so that would have stopped people dying and being caught out in this and possibly could lead to real problems - so i'm in the camp that heads should role for this - stuff the scaremongering or crying wolf - i'd rather have someone warn me and get prepped so that I can cope with the problem rather than be left not knowing soon enough and be caught out and risk my life - SO SOMEONE or PEOPLE SHOULD BE SACKED WHO DIDN'T WARN SOON ENOUGH - MET OFFICE/BEEB/METEOGROUP - DEREK who was smiling like a Cheshire cat and saying ooooooh we're gonna have a bit of cold - knowing full well it was gonna be like this

Sack Derek I say .

Someone must take responsibility for the dry patch .

He should fall on his own sword .

Derek , if you have anything about you , do the honourable thing and resign please .

Edited by Seasonal weather required
A shocking spelling mistake I’m so appalled by
  • Like 1

Posted

Properly snowing in Newport too...larger flakes plus some grains blown off the roof.  At least another inch down.  My neighbour was clearing the road and pavement outside his with a rake....so I popped out to lend him my snow shovel and he cleared my drive entrance too!  All that's covered over again.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
11 minutes ago, Rhosyn o Loegr said:

Is that the shades of pink plot? Thanks.

It is .. also helps to see what precip type is coming in on the one map,   as the forecast for "less frigid" air pushes in to the south with the chance of snow precip turning to freezing rain. Still does n't explain why Anglesey is sat under darker shades of pink and nothing failing from the sky .. as of yet ....?

Edited by StingJet
Additonal info

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
2 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

no more snow for South Wales today ...nothing showing on radar

2 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

no more snow for South Wales today ...nothing showing on radar

We have snow again here at Strumble Head ⛄️

2180CD74-BE0E-4CC0-8293-A138126FBBEA.jpeg

Posted

Still dont get how a small shower can reach here over the beacons from East coast of England and drop an inch on tuesday but a frontal system from South can’t and just evaporates! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
7 minutes ago, bigguscumulus said:

That stuff over the Irish sea really is a big tease, it does seem to be back building in our direction though. 

precip.png

We are definitely getting heavy snow here ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Had to look that word up and none the wiser?

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, andymusic said:

None of that is at all fair, Andy. If anything, I think both the Met Office and BBC Weather forecasters have done a great job of forecasting this accurately and keeping the public updated, and the media in general couldn't have been more hysterical with expressions like "polar BLIZZARD set to SLAM into Britain." Let's be realistic, yes, conditions are bad and there's a lot of disruption (which there would be if 50 cm of snow hit, say, Stockholm) but it isn't a life-or-death situation for the vast majority of people and certainly doesn't justify calling for sackings of people who were mentioning Emma up to a week ago. If people have found themselves stuck, without power or in hospital after slipping, that's unfortunate but the forecasters themselves aren't to blame. The UK Met Office is still one of the best and most highly-respected in the world.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
Just now, snefnug said:

Interesting thought though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomalous_propagation

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

None of that is at all fair, Andy. If anything, I think both the Met Office and BBC Weather forecasters have done a great job of forecasting this accurately and keeping the public updated, and the media in general couldn't have been more hysterical with expressions like "polar BLIZZARD set to SLAM into Britain." Let's be realistic, yes, conditions are bad and there's a lot of disruption (which there would be if 50 cm of snow hit, say, Ottawa) but they aren't life-and-death for the vast majority of people and certainly don't justify calling for sackings of people who were mentioning Emma up to a week ago.

lol Dereks days are numbered now Andy has sussed him out .

Derek it’s time to move on and hand over the reigns to Behnaz .

Derek has become like Arsene Wenger .

Time to go .

Edited by Seasonal weather required
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

None of that is at all fair, Andy. If anything, I think both the Met Office and BBC Weather forecasters have done a great job of forecasting this accurately and keeping the public updated, and the media in general couldn't have been more hysterical with expressions like "polar BLIZZARD set to SLAM into Britain." Let's be realistic, yes, conditions are bad and there's a lot of disruption (which there would be if 50 cm of snow hit, say, Ottawa) but they aren't life-and-death for the vast majority of people and certainly don't justify calling for sackings of people who were mentioning Emma up to a week ago.

but they should have done it a week earlier - they knew like we did what was looming - they have to have some condfidence in their abilities - and warn a lot earlier - i'm sorry I don't think they did a very good job at all - it was all a little too late - and lots once again got caught out and some paid for it with their lives

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
5 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Lol I  googled it too. ?

Posted

I don't think yellow is sufficient for here today given how wild it is here.  To me this is just the same as it was yesterday. Snow hasn't stopped for a breather.  I think an Amber should've been given.

• Like 1

Posted

that precipitation over northern france is moving north - I think this maybe the front that gives 4 plus hours fo snow 

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly no need for snow warnings between Carmarthen and Neath.......ice yes but not snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Take a look at this photo I just seen on Facebook. High St Arcade in Cardiff, undercover and still snow got down there with the almighty winds.

Absolutely incredible!

HighSt Arcade.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, andymusic said:

but they should have done it a week earlier - they knew like we did what was looming - they have to have some condfidence in their abilities - and warn a lot earlier - i'm sorry I don't think they did a very good job at all - it was all a little too late - and lots once again got caught out and some paid for it with their lives

But accurately forecasting the exact track of a complex storm a week in advance is impossible in a country like ours, surrounded by ocean and susceptible to competing air masses. There would have been (justified) uproar if amber or even red warnings had been issued a week ago leading to schools being pre-emptively closed and fixtures cancelled, only for nothing to happen. Not to mention the anger and bitterness on here (and similar calls for people to be sacked.)

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Clair_Witch said:

Take a look at this photo I just seen on Facebook. High St Arcade in Cardiff, undercover and still snow got down there with the almighty winds.

Absolutely incredible!

HighSt Arcade.jpg

What the hell! That really is an amazing shot.