Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

2 minutes ago, Rhosyn o Loegr said:

Radar has taken Newport from pale to dark blue - and snow has restarted, heavy and swirling. Icicle has stopped dripping....

Yep snow picked up here in Cardiff too, in my opinion today's snowfall isn't comimg from France, the moisture will come from the channel and interact with the colder air. Recent radar loops shows this nicely. I may be wrong and we do see precipitation move up France, either way I'm happy here in Cardiff! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Just started up again here in west Cardiff. Grauple to start with and now larger flakes than last night and falling more or less straight down instead of straight across!!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

Yep snow picked up here in Cardiff too, in my opinion today's snowfall isn't comimg from France, the moisture will come from the channel and interact with the colder air. Recent radar loops shows this nicely. I may be wrong and we do see precipitation move up France, either way I'm happy here in Cardiff! 

Looks like ti. Intensifying as it crosses the channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

I'm snowed under with depression from the lack of it :sorry: hah.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Moderate to heavy snow here at times now and blowing like mad in the wind still!

Posted
4 minutes ago, LJ1224 said:

I'm snowed under with depression from the lack of it :sorry: hah.

I feel your pain, we also had the halo of nothingness, although we did get the wind and power outages :rofl:

On 15/12/2017 at 15:33, Blessed Weather said:

Shwmae. Sorry sneaking into your thread from over here in Suffolk (although maybe I qualify as I do come from Dinas Powys near Cardiff and Mum & Dad still live there! :)).

Anyway.... this tweet caught my eye - a wonderful example of the famous 'Pembrokeshire Dangler' in all its' glory this afternoon!!

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

You can already see on netweather radar the precip building up over Brittany

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

Precip Radar showing snow all morning for Yns Mon yet not a flake falleth from the overcast sky, probably being blown straight over head and out into the Irish Sea in the galeforce easterly.

Posted
12 hours ago, Magic Trichs said:

First post here.  Report from Penarth, many 1m drifts no problem we will be looking at an average of 1’ snow depth with drifts of 5 - 6 ‘. What it’s like north of here, Pontypridd etc I can only imagine.

i can remember 1982, I was 8 and my dad woke me up and said look out of the window -it was all snow, 7’ drift against the house.  Those scenes and memories will be repeated tomorrow and Saturday.  

It it is absolutely chucking it down, tiny icy flakes.  Utterly spellbinding and beautiful when the light catches it\.

birds are being well fed, if I had the room I would take in humans without roofs.  I have distributed cash, food and cannabis across the city centre today and yesterday.

good luck everyone.

Wow - last time I looked - about the time you posted - Penarth had clear skies according to the radar.

Newport managed another 2" overnight, plus ice patches on my drive (nearly measured my length) I have icicles hanging from my cornices...one has grown about 6" in the last 2 hours...must photograph it.  [long pause for lunch and photo session]  It's nearly 600mm long!

Just had a thrush and two robins fly into the garden.  I've no food for them...seems wrong to attract birds to the garden when I have 6 cats and next door has 5.

Edited by Rhosyn o Loegr
clarity
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day 10
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Later probably up to 10cm for east Wales.

Chucking it down in Penarth again right now almost blizzard again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Is the radar working?  That big angry blob of Emma between mainland Wales and Eire just seems to be hanging there not really moving.  Also, where is this evening’s snow coming from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Only light flurries in Cardiff atm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

snowing here now in Maesteg (aka Fairfield ), but ground still wet from previous light rain and mild air that came through

looking at radar, in for a while too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Heavy snow big fluffy flakes here now, the kinda snow I wish I had last night haha

Posted
Just now, bradythemole said:

Only light flurries in Cardiff atm. 

I'm west Cardiff and got steady snow falling atm. Having cleared the path we've had about 1/2 inch on it in the last 30/45 minutes.

Posted

what would be NICE, would be for this little event to 'stall' and misbehave, wouldn't it? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
2 minutes ago, ourson said:

I'm west Cardiff and got steady snow falling atm. Having cleared the path we've had about 1/2 inch on it in the last 30/45 minutes.

Really? Fair. I’m in Cathays at the moment and just a few flurries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
2 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

what would be NICE, would be for this little event to 'stall' and misbehave, wouldn't it? :D

WHAT WOULD BE NICE IS IF IT HIT SWANSEA!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattTarrant said:

WHAT WOULD BE NICE IS IF IT HIT SWANSEA!!!!!!!!!

imminent, but light at first by the looks of it

Posted

Quite heavy here now, bigger flakes than what we've had, starting to cover the bare patches as well...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Coming down nicely now 

Posted
3 minutes ago, ourson said:

Same here I shoveled the paths earlier.