Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
1 minute ago, Phantom2 said:

no more snow for South Wales today ...nothing showing on radar

I disagree here. Watch how precipitation seemingly just pops up as colder air fights back

Posted
11 hours ago, Magic Trichs said:

First post here.  Report from Penarth, many 1m drifts no problem we will be looking at an average of 1’ snow depth with drifts of 5 - 6 ‘. What it’s like north of here, Pontypridd etc I can only imagine.

i can remember 1982, I was 8 and my dad woke me up and said look out of the window -it was all snow, 7’ drift against the house.  Those scenes and memories will be repeated tomorrow and Saturday.  

It it is absolutely chucking it down, tiny icy flakes.  Utterly spellbinding and beautiful when the light catches it\.

birds are being well fed, if I had the room I would take in humans without roofs.  I have distributed cash, food and cannabis across the city centre today and yesterday.

good luck everyone.

Wow - last time I looked - about the time you posted - Penarth had clear skies according to the radar.

Newport managed another 2" overnight, plus ice patches on my drive (nearly measured my length) I have icicles hanging from my cornices...one has grown about 6" in the last 2 hours...must photograph it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
2 minutes ago, Phantom2 said:

no more snow for South Wales today ...nothing showing on radar

Ive to get snow all day and tomorrow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

Regards to snow this afternoon - an occlusion is forecast to push north this afternoon and re-intesnify.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Heavy snow here now will set in all afternoon not going anywhere.

where is it going to come from Jay ?

• Like 1

Posted

Well swansea took a very early shock lead but have been comprehensively outplayed for the rest of the game .

Currently Swansea 1 Cardiff 8.

The ref just needs to blow the final whistle now as this is too humiliating .

It looks like it could even be 1-10 by the time the game finishes .

Swans folk are just sitting motionless in stunned silence , dis belief , they can’t even muster the energy to walk out before the end .

“Ole ole ole ole “each Cardiff snow flake rings to the sound of the bull ring .

Some gallows humour erupts from the stands “ we shat and we know we are were shat and we know we are “...

Another one goes in and it’s NINE one !

Deary me when will this end ...

Andy music -Cardiff manager is dancing and hopping around on the touchline like mad ,hand stands cart wheels  the lot , he furiously fist pumps the 9th goal strips naked and dives into the Cardiff faithful ...

He was warned earlier but now gets an upgrade to red and is sent off ....

The game carries on ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

The drift out my garden was past my daughter's knees. 

The drift in the street past other daughter's knees. 

And this is Ferry Rd, Cardiff. Main Rd and no traffic, they never managed to keep it clear. 

IMG_20180302_112302.jpgIMG_20180302_111717.jpg

IMG_20180302_111659.jpgIMG_20180302_111757.jpgIMG_20180302_111252.jpg

Edited by Clair_Witch
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
16 minutes ago, Phantom2 said:

where is it going to come from Jay ?

It’s an occluded front that is going to move back northwards and intensify. Precip will kind of come from nowhere if that makes sense, will just start intensifying.

sorry Fujitascale, didn’t see you already posted that.

Edited by bradythemole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

I can't c anything but a few flurries through today and tomorrow and not amounting to much but would love to b proved wrong

Posted
3 hours ago, Clair_Witch said:

Dog's legs and daughter's boots literally covered. 

IMG_20180302_085137.jpg

IMG_20180302_085140.jpg

My cats won't go out (they're not daft) and I got what I asked for drifts deep enough to throw a cat in! Mwhahaha.

Windy and on/off powder snow here in north Newport - radar says no more....<sob>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
Just now, Rhosyn o Loegr said:

My cats won't go out (they're not daft) and I got what I asked for drifts deep enough to throw a cat in! Mwhahaha.

Windy and on/off powder snow here in north Newport - radar says no more....<sob>

Same here. The cat ran to the front door this morning, then turned and ran straight back upstairs. The dog has been more enthusiastic. Lol

Posted

Blimey!  My little town gets all the best records!

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, geoffw said:

how much snow did newport  get ?

North of the M4 I got 7" level in sheltered back garden, out front the wind has sculpted from 0 to 3ft drifts.  There has been some ground melt on my very sheltered drive - huge lump of ice under the snow. It is also sculpted :D

Just heard an eJet from Alicante has landed at Bristol Airport but "nothing moving in Wales" on R4

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

no chance - sun spots not happening more of this sort of weather in the coming decades - polar bears moving in - maybe think about moving to spain/canaries for warmth lol

polar bear.jpg

At least they'll have somewhere to go when the sea-ice melts....lock up your cats and dogs!

Posted

Light snow again in Tenby.

That heavier precip south of Pembrokeshire may be developing/spreading eastward?

Posted
47 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

I disagree here. Watch how precipitation seemingly just pops up as colder air fights back

Radar has taken Newport from pale to dark blue - and snow has restarted, heavy and swirling. Icicle has stopped dripping....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Got some light snow blowing around here now giving a sugar dusting on the partially frozen ground. Just went for a walk up to the Nature Reserve at the end of my street and it looks lovely up there, my street is mad though one side completely clear and the other side covered in 1-2ft drifts of snow thanks to the wind!

Just a few snaps from Parc Slip Nature Reserve by me

20180302_112826.thumb.jpg.4a86f3cb9f7969b68e029b96ea4b2372.jpg20180302_112829.thumb.jpg.98c6a6971c7839c3a6615e642ebb02ff.jpg20180302_115802.thumb.jpg.1dfb6841ce931b0a3cc698c9bf30b42d.jpg

Posted

The polar bears will be coming here soon.

Well need another top up now its coming slowly,been dry for a few hours,still drifting like crazy where is all this snow left to drift from the field I don`t know,easterly gales.

Drifts the size of houses now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!
26 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

It’s an occluded front that is going to move back northwards and intensify. Precip will kind of come from nowhere if that makes sense, will just start intensifying.

sorry Fujitascale, didn’t see you already posted that.

Hey copyright and all that :)

Posted

hopefully this will work.....somebody filmed Tredegar town

Oops not sure what's gone on there lol! I did have a link. Will ty again in a bit

Edited by Bafan
  • Like 3

Posted

Freezing rain or drizzle could continue to pose a problem through the day along southern coastal counties and far SE including Essex coastal areas, as less cold air from the south continues creeps in aloft of surface easterly flow that is below freezing. Further snow is expected to organise and push up from the south along a cold front moving up from France this afternoon, the cold front becoming occluded as it continues north across England and Wales overnight, as the cold front overtakes the warm front with cool air to the south and cold air to the north. Snow tending to peter out as it heads north into central areas.