Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

we'd never mean to do that i'm sure - but like the last few days I know it doesn't look like it but I've been struggling to keep up with the posts in here - I've been busy off line plus running my businesses which I do from home - so maybe I missed one or two of your posts asking for help etc

Like I said Andy, it's not directed at anyone personally. It just seems a bit cliquey in here most of the time. It's like walking into a pub where the locals stare at you as if to say "Who the nope - still swearing are you?" lol. Maybe that's a bit extreme but it's a reasonable analogy.

Posted
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

we'd never mean to do that i'm sure - but like the last few days I know it doesn't look like it but I've been struggling to keep up with the posts in here - I've been busy off line plus running my businesses which I do from home - so maybe I missed one or two of your posts asking for help etc

Ok then, there is still an awful lot of precipitation moving out of the English Channel.What are your thoughts about what it means for Welsh snowfall? Will it fizzle out before it gets here or move elsewhere?

Andy you have always been a banker to reply so much appreciated. Do you think the met O may have underplayed the possibility of cold hanging on into mid week, I am probably a lot older than most posters at 52 but I remember from 70s and 80s this dense cold air being harder to shift than anticipated and hanging around a lot longer

Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
22 minutes ago, Phil Barkin said:

I think the issue is, I (you and blackrose may be the same or not) only really post when there is snow which is so rare for us out west, I recon a lot of these guys are regular posters, I have posted a few times today and totally been ignored. To be fair the Andy guy is pretty cool and I have had a few chats when the snow events occur but lets be fair how often is that. Im not too interested and thunder and heatwaves and all that but snow and I will be up all night. I think you are up by Newcastle Emlyn hows it up there?

Ten miles or so East of Newcastle Emlyn (a drug town witha tourist problem, lol).  Blowing a gale here with snizzle all evening, 1cm drifts.  Radar has looked promising for the Llanllwni hills here though.  Where are you then? 

Posted
3 minutes ago, cruelwx said:

Ten miles or so East of Newcastle Emlyn (a drug town witha tourist problem, lol).  Blowing a gale here with snizzle all evening, 1cm drifts.  Radar has looked promising for the Llanllwni hills here though.  Where are you then? 

Now living in Ogmore Vale (originally from Nantymoel), top of the Ogmore Valley. Normally we get much more precipitation than Cardiff - but this is a very different setup.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
10 minutes ago, blackrose73 said:

Milder uppers? :-(

Hopefully they will flip back in a little while. Emma looks like she still has so much to give. 

• Like 1

Posted

This is an unusual setup, I can't remember an Easterly with this ferocity.  Surprised we still have electric (and a fence)!

• Like 1

Posted

Tap, tap, tap it's freezing rain!  Checked it on the windscreen, I'm effed too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*
2 hours ago, blackrose73 said:

Milder uppers? :-(

Yes warmer uppers as expected however these become negative by the morning so precipation should be back to snow by then (if/when there is any about). Hopefully with more marginality it's the larger more sticky flakes that we all know of instead of these smaller powdery ones.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

:cold:Wish me luck .... going to wake the cows up or dig them out ... hoping the tractor will start ... snow blowing everywhere ❄️

Hi ho ... hi ho ... a milking I must go 

• Like 1

Posted

As far as I know it hasn’t stopped all night but it is much finer now though the wind is still howling. Amazing really pretty much 24 hours of this grain like snow,there’s going to be some great photos about tomorrow for sure.Still can’t get my head around what’s happened though there’s practically no snow on any of the roofs or the cars to be honest but there’s three foot drifts about and probably a foot of lying snow in the sheltered spots.Pretty historic event I’d say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Bloody hell - checked the radar and the snow hasn't stopped here all night! Managed to get a decent amount of sleep. More snow incoming?

Have you got photos?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

WOW SHOCK............2 or more feet nearly up to letter box cats couldnt get out my husband had to dig paths an hour ago.....will see it better when daylight comes....

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Bloody hell - checked the radar and the snow hasn't stopped here all night! Managed to get a decent amount of sleep. More snow incoming?

It hasn't really been falling as snow in Cardiff though...ice pellets or freezing rain with then odd flake mixed in 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frostbite88 said:

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8755.JPG

IMG_8758.JPG

Where is this? May I use them for my twitter page? 

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
2 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

It hasn't really been falling as snow in Cardiff though...ice pellets or freezing rain with then odd flake mixed in 

Has it damaged snow cover at all?

Will it now fall as snow again do you think?

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

Posted

For most of Western Wales this will go down as the biggest disappointment snowise ever! Very frustrating and unfair!

Edited by Cymro

Posted

It’s gotta be said this looks epic another day of mostly heavy snow and temperatures not getting above -3 bloody amazing.and well done MO and Andy my go to forecasters now ??????

• Today
    Heavy snow-3 °C

-4 °C

Amber warning
    Amber
    Warning
  • Tomorrow
    Light snow1 °C

-1 °C

Yellow warning
    Yellow
    Warning
  • Sun 4 Mar
    Sleet shower2 °C

-1 °C

• Mon 5 Mar
    Cloudy3 °C

0 °C

• Tue 6 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

0 °C

• Wed 7 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

0 °C

• Thu 8 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

-2 °C

Now 05:00 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00 21:00 22:00 23:00

Amber warning 

Amber warning — Wind & Snow

between Thursday 18:05 and Friday 08:00See warning detail >

Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow & Ice

between Friday 00:05 and Friday 23:55See warning detail >

Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow
70% ≥95% ≥95% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 70% 70% 70% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 90% 70%
-4 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -3 ° -4 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 °  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
Just now, Stevetynant said:

It’s gotta be said this looks epic another day of mostly heavy snow and temperatures not getting above -3 bloody amazing.and well done MO and Andy my go to forecasters now ??????

• Today
    Heavy snow-3 °C

-4 °C

Amber warning
    Amber
    Warning
  • Tomorrow
    Light snow1 °C

-1 °C

Yellow warning
    Yellow
    Warning
  • Sun 4 Mar
    Sleet shower2 °C

-1 °C

• Mon 5 Mar
    Cloudy3 °C

0 °C

• Tue 6 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

0 °C

• Wed 7 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

0 °C

• Thu 8 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

-2 °C

Now 05:00 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00 21:00 22:00 23:00

Amber warning 

Amber warning — Wind & Snow

between Thursday 18:05 and Friday 08:00See warning detail >

Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow & Ice

between Friday 00:05 and Friday 23:55See warning detail >

Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow
70% ≥95% ≥95% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 70% 70% 70% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 90% 70%
-4 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -3 ° -4 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 °  

God help us......after today and beyond....................