Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
1 minute ago, Baldy Snowman said:

gap is really close to our west

I just looked outside and can see the moon in the gaps in the cloud, so thought it was close! Guess the heavier stuff is just a bit too far to our east then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Incredible stuff in both Pembrokeshire and the south east 

• Like 2

Posted

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
3 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I just looked outside and can see the moon in the gaps in the cloud, so thought it was close! Guess the heavier stuff is just a bit too far to our east then?

precipitation pepped up again close to you though. the hills here are definitely having an effect i reckon

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

HUGE amount of precipitation to our south on v7. mostly rain but when it comes over us.....?

Posted

Guess I'm being a little greedy when I say that I feel a little disappointed to see the really heavy stuff over Somerset decaying as it moves towards Southeast Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
Just now, Baldy Snowman said:

HUGE amount of precipitation to our south on v7. mostly rain but when it comes over us.....?

Nope! From what I've seen tonight the v7 radar is not the best. Bringing in rain when it's clearly snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

I think I have snowpression, keeping everything crossed that magic happens overnight in Port Talbot. I'm originally from Pembrokeshire and missed out on the snow there and lived in Cardiff in 2010 and got to enjoy it a little. I'mnot greedy just all white roads would be nice.

Posted

Back in - less of a walk than a quick pop outside.  My nice sheltered back garden is very deceiving - it's blowin' a hoolie out there and we have 3 ft drifts in some places - amazing wind sculptures.  There's a dipole shape of clear road next to 3" drift topping the kerb.  The sculpture on top of my car is impressive.  Sitting with back door open and cats debating on venturing out! I think discretion will win.  Lots of snow, a little bigger than earlier but still quite dry.

The creaking as the snow slides slowly down the roof is peculiar - like sitting under a glacier - in miniature.

Oooh - one of the cats braved it...he's just come back in.

Posted

Anyone else hear that? Potential THUNDERSNOW hitting Cardiff now. Heaviest all day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously
  • Location: Llandysul, Wales SA44 SA39 550 ft work 650 ft sleep 7.5 shrivelled sheep. Never mind the borax. Spatulas/spoons from just 7 quid, chopping boards from 18 quid, boxes from 45 quid or so for a OK one, bigger stuff costs more obviously

Plenty more moisture spilling out of Brest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
3 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Anyone else hear that? Potential THUNDERSNOW hitting Cardiff now. Heaviest all day.

Thundersnow? I'll pee my pants with excitement. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Snowing on and off now must be that pesky clear and patchy zone stopping/slowing my snow

Posted
1 hour ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Huge local variations here apparently gower has a good 4 inches, higher drifts whilst further west very patchy

It is very patchy: here in Mumbles there is barely 0.5cm whilst in Reynoldston there is a couple of inches.

Posted

Incredible here now. I have said it so many times but heaviest today! Historic. I’m in Cathays right now and their are waist level drifts in places. We are around 1.5/2 miles from the coast. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

The precipitation moving north from France seems almost as potent as anything we’ve seen tonight. How far north will it get? It’s going to keep me up all night at this rate!

E02C65A3-0FB8-4EA2-8278-F2BAA1E3D914.png

Edited by Selliso
Missed attachment
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
1 minute ago, Selliso said:

The precipitation moving north from France seems almost as potent as anything we’ve seen tonight. How far north will it get? It’s going to keep me up all night at this rate!

MetO haven't extended the red warning but the forecast is showing heavy snow til later tomorrow than it was previously. Still plenty of snow to come, just a matter of where and how much!