Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Been crazy up here in tonmawr, been very fine snow since 3. But starting to accumulate (4/5cm) with some drifting occurring. Winds have been really strong so proper blizzard conditions. All in all very surprised given that port Talbot/neath/Swansea have very little. However my elevation of 180m is obviously helping.  Let’s hope that chuck of heavier PPN keeps on heading north west for the lowland areas around here can join the action. 

Posted

Just been for a walk in Morriston and there is more snow out there than my back gardennled me to believe (over ankle in places) not 50cm but if it carries on I'll be happy :cold:

Posted

It's starting to look quite promising here at Mumbles, Swansea due to the heavy snow and that it is sticking! :yahoo:  But it was and is extremely cold so wrap up warm!  :cold:

Posted

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cold::help::help::help::help::cold:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG - RADAR INCOMING - OMG OMG OMG - THE BUNGALOW IS GONNA JUST DISAPPEAR - HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snow hand.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
1 minute ago, Jen Beachcomber said:

Been thinking about you today... x Hard 'bloomin' work feeding animals and you must have had a battle today with water? 

I've been using a planter tray to give the birds water and I've emptied it (and knocked the ice out) 4 times today as it froze so the birds could have a drink!!!

I even saw a blackbird bathe in it this afternoon... He was a BRAVE boy... lol... 

You deserve a warm fire :D  Mine's been lit all day! I've waited 20yrs to get a log burner and watch snow fall at the same time, while sitting next to it keeping cosy x

Thank you ! 

Yes it’s been blooming hard and very cold ... I doubt the milk will be collected tomorrow as the road is too bad . I’ve never seen cows shiver before and they couldn’t wait to get back to their nice cozy shed . 

I think we have a lot of birds camping in the sheds atm ? there’s a water butt in there and a tap dripping steadily but it’s the only unfrozen one now . 

The open fire is lit and it’s cosy ?, and the elements are raging outside . 

There’s something quite lovely about weather like this ... scary too . 

Keep safe everyone . 

image.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

had an additional 3 inches in the last hour. This is a significant event.

the fact that wales smashed the coldest march day on record is awesome. Most of wales today was colder that any part of the UK has ever recorded in March. With gale force wind as well. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

hmmm

what is the OTHER hand doing though?:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

Much better now ....bigger flakes quite heavy and very windy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swanseajack23 said:

Been crazy up here in tonmawr, been very fine snow since 3. But starting to accumulate (4/5cm) with some drifting occurring. Winds have been really strong so proper blizzard conditions. All in all very surprised given that port Talbot/neath/Swansea have very little. However my elevation of 180m is obviously helping.  Let’s hope that chuck of heavier PPN keeps on heading north west for the lowland areas around here can join the action. 

Not much in Porthcawl either tbh, 2010 would beat this hands down when there was a really decent amount of snow around even on the beach

Edited by Jonathan Rhodri Roberts

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cold::help::help::help::help::cold:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG - RADAR INCOMING - OMG OMG OMG - THE BUNGALOW IS GONNA JUST DISAPPEAR - HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snow hand.jpg

Just now, Baldy Snowman said:

hmmm

what is the OTHER hand doing though?:D

Posted

Just nipped out in the car, one side of Llanelli has just a sugar coating (where I am) and the further west you go the more snow you encounter.  I went as far as Pwll and it is lashing it down there with a good covering on all surfaces.  Main roads are treacherous there.  Came back here still nothing with just light little flakes in the strong winds. So frustrating.  Oh well enjoy everyone in the snow, looks like i'll have to wait until next year now for the next opportunity. :sorry:

Wake me up when it's summer. :)

Posted
7 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Don't. The point is that Britain isn't Canada, Finland or Hokkaido, we're a fairly small and crowded island whose infrastructure isn't designed for this weather. And I feel that even somebody from Montreal or Helsinki would find the blizzard currently raging outside severe!

And there would justifiably be some p****ed off voters if we spent millions on snowploughs etc that would be used every blue moon

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

it'll have to snow for 4 days, with only a few breaks, for it to be anywhere near 82. some places will match it though, like Pontypridd, cos there's a poster here saying he's getting close to 50 cms. if we ALL get close to that, it'll be 82 like. if not, still epic.

it's absolutely mad here - and that really stupidly heavy stuff is targeting us now too - omg - our bungalow will be wiped off the map

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Potential very bad conditions approaching the far south east! Incredible!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

had an additional 3 inches in the last hour. This is a significant event.

the fact that wales smashed the coldest march day on record is awesome. Most of wales today was colder that any part of the UK has ever recorded in March. With gale force wind as well. 

was out working in it today, and the warmest i saw all day was minus 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

lol that would be telling lol - but that's not far from the truth - 50cms plus and what's coming on radar is frightening even me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

With the bigger snowflakes and coming down heavy its starting to stick and build up more now :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Mmmmm could it?!? (I'm the dot at the top) fingers crossed. 

IMG_3529.PNG

Edited by JamesL

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

With the bigger snowflakes and coming down heavy its starting to stick and build up more now :)

yeah, looking good on radar

Posted
1 minute ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

No

Not much in Porthcawl either tbh, 2010 would beat this hands down when there was a really decent amount of snow around even on the beach

Oh yeah 2010 beats this hands down we had significant snowfall (30cm if I remember correctly) which I haven’t experienced since then. Not really expecting much more to be honest from this spell of snow. Unless that band of heavy PPN reaches here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

The drifting of this powdery stuff is incredible! Reminds me of Norway and skiing :cold::)

DF0F964C-78E1-4EA4-AD80-D7C899E2D111.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

so according to the met office app I still have  1 hour - 2 hours of this and then light snow. Amazing day.