Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Its good to see a few more people happy in here and thats before the main event. What i'm taking from it is the temp that is -4 ( i cant remember seeing snow at that temp and probably 40-50 mph wind., both very unusual.

<nod> The temperature dropped noticeably at 1100, and the snow stopped.  Didn't start back up until it warmed up again about 1200 noon

Posted

Its just frozen drizzle here , and looking at the radar the perc is dieing down as it spreads north. Even if the heavier bursts make it here I am bang inbetween the 2 this whole hype to be honest has been disappointing to say the least

Posted
1 minute ago, jessmum said:

So frustrating, looking at the radar it's dying out before reaching us, all we are getting is the fine snizzle, not the heavy stuff.

We all getting the same snow at this moment , just waiting for that BIG yellow blob to hit us.:yahoo:

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

We all getting the same snow at this moment , just waiting for that BIG yellow blob to hit us.:yahoo:

But it just won't get here, it dies out over the Bristol Channel...

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

It wont hit where I am, and thats still out to the channel. If you watch the radar you will see thats headed for Bristol and its dieing down quickly as it moves over cornwall and devon its all to far east

Edited by mrmonopoly

Posted
1 minute ago, jessmum said:

But it just won't get here, it dies out over the Bristol Channel...

This will get here, i 100% guarantee .:yahoo:  

Posted

Just possible that we're beginning to see the front fracture somewhat over Devon, as progged, with the western section going to take a more direct path to Ireland, probably clipping W Wales and the eastern section continuing to head more due N toward SE Wales... might not be reading the radar right... but something to watch.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
9 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

I wouldn't have said Wales is the bullseye I would say Sourthern England is at mo

Just looked out at garden and gate.....snow has drifted up really high.....digging out tomorrow......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
8 minutes ago, joo said:

Still nothing on my cars and block driveways/patio. Grass is another matter. 

My front garden is quite deep, the back garden has a little hilly drift and a big gaping hole in the middle. :rofl: 

That wind has a lot to answer for. Lol. 

IMG_20180301_192341.jpg

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Wow look how heavy the snow is approaching south Wales!

I think you are going to do alright in cardiff , anything west of that looks a bust

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

That blob has spread and is less red...looks to me like it's heading fir Cardiff and Newport.

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Wot were the main roads like m8?

Covered and the worst to come according to radar. High corner coop and corner shop shut

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

honestly. do a screen cap of two hours ago and now on NW radar, and tell me anywhere west of Cardiff is a bust. I'd post them if i didn't think I'd get a row for doing so. lol

points west of swansea are about to be hammered, as are points east. if anything me here in Maesteg might miss out slightly in comparison, smack in the middle of those two blobs, but i am very happy so far with what is falling, and will fall. i think the hills around here will play a role too and pep up things.chill out everyone, this is an epic event.

• Like 1

Posted

I just feel so cheated to be honest, worse eastly in years , and there is nothing here and what is coming is breaking into 2 sections both missing by a mile 10 - 20 cm my weeble

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
9 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What radar are you using Jay?

Posted
8 minutes ago, mrmonopoly said:

I think you are going to do alright in cardiff , anything west of that looks a bust

10 miles west will see blizzards 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
3 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

honestly. do a screen cap of two hours ago and now on NW radar, and tell me anywhere west of Cardiff is a bust. I'd post them if i didn't think I'd get a row for doing so. lol

points west of swansea are about to be hammered, as are points east. if anything me here in Maesteg might miss out slightly in comparison, smack in the middle of those two blobs, but i am very happy so far with what is falling, and will fall. i think the hills around here will play a role too and pep up things.chill out everyone, this is an epic event.

Yes it will be a bit gutting here to miss the worst of it if thats how it goes, but if it gets heavy enough to give me an inch or 2 covering then ill be happy!