Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
9 minutes ago, Bafan said:

I think the warning is justified. It really is wild here in Tredegar.  Between the rate of snow (powdery stuff) coming down and the wind whipping it up and the -7c temperature, it's dangerous out there. If it gets worse than this.....aw eck!

Completely agree = its brutal outside at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

It’s a lot worse in Cardiff clearly but most cars not covered here either. It’s powder snow with 50mph winds it will just blow about and off cars and roofs. That’s what happens in the blizzards.

regarding the snow, nowhere near the heavy stuff yet. Not supposed to be the heavy stuff until between 8pm and 11pm. Give it time....

Yes very impressive precipitation coming out of France atm WE Going to be BURIED!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Feels a bit like Christmas. In that, you spend so much time looking forward to it that sometimes you forget to actually take the time to enjoy it. No amount of refreshing the forum or radar watching is going to change a thing now, so I'm just gonna enjoy the show. 

Doesn't feel particularly heavy in Cardiff, but this fine snow doesn't half build up quickly! 

• Like 2

Posted

great day watching the snow build now down to lampost watching and see what transpires over night

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

It’s a lot worse in Cardiff clearly but most cars not covered here either. It’s powder snow with 50mph winds it will just blow about and off cars and roofs. That’s what happens in the blizzards.

regarding the snow, nowhere near the heavy stuff yet. Not supposed to be the heavy stuff until between 8pm and 11pm. Give it time....

Even more impressive precipition yellow and orange

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Snow has gotten finer, about as fine as it can get but still coming down moderately. Sticking in patches but that wind is mental and blowing it cross country! Fingers crossed for later still!

Posted

well i have been reading the south west and southern england thread for hours and nobody are really having any proper heavy big flake snow just this crappy snizzle like us will anybody have the proper heavy snow that was forecast prompting the red warning.this snozzle stuff is just boring and annoying :(

Posted
1 minute ago, butters said:

well i have been reading the south west and southern england thread for hours and nobody are really having any proper heavy big flake snow just this crappy snizzle like us will anybody have the proper heavy snow that was forecast prompting the red warning.this snozzle stuff is just boring and annoying :(

you be moaning if you had sod all ' enjoy whats outside .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

had no problems, all day.main roads were clear, road salt doing a  remarkable job. minus 7 over the Bwlch, just before they closed it at 12pm, roads were clear, with PUDDLES of water, at minus 7! Amazing.

managed to finish the run, then, just as I was approaching home, on Bridgend Road in Maesteg, everything SUDDENLY started getting covered, and just about made it to outside my home. Close run thing it was.

haven't seen scenes like this since 82, and I am now expecting something similar. Drifts climbing slowly in the alley by my home, wind blowing wildly.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, butters said:

Speak for yourself, mate.

We're into our 4th hour of it in Tenby: grass nearly covered; patio bare apart from a 9" drift around the edge! Wild conditions, the like of which I've never seen here before.

The good news for you could be that as the low and fronts get nearer, the upper atmosphere temps will rise and (I suggest) this will make the snow less powdery, more 'normal' and more to your liking!!  

Edited by benb
  • Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

you be moaning if you had sod all ' enjoy whats outside .

Nah, I'm with butters, Bring on the heavy I need to control my language!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

It reminds me of similar to what you see in the states when you need a time lapse video to see the powdery snow gradually build up! I love it!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, benb said:

Speak for yourself. mate.

We're into our 4th hour of it in Tenby: grass nearly covered; patio bare apart from a 9" drift arouind the edge! Wild condition, the like of which I've never seen here before.

The good news for you could be that as the low and fronts get nearer, the upper atmosphere temps will rise and (I suggest) this will make the snow less powdery, more 'normal' and more to your liking!!  

Proper British snow required .

Soon we won’t get any of this powder puff snow when we are out of Europe .

Bring on the no nonsense giant British snow flakes .

• Like 2

Posted

There's an old saying in Welsh - 'eira man, eira mawr'. It means fine snow, big snow. So I reckon we're in for some eira mawr!!

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

It reminds me of similar to what you see in the states when you need a time lapse video to see the powdery snow gradually build up! I love it!

Reminds me of snow 1991snowed like this for 6hrs 2hrs of heavy snow had a foot .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Been sat in the pub for 4 hours watching the snow...it's bizarre.it seems to build up and then disappear.quite outstanding to be honest

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
10 minutes ago, PompeyFC said:

Take it all back. Been  out for a walk in llanharan. 2 3 4 inches in places 

Wot were the main roads like m8?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's everyone's snow totals so far? At least 5 inches here with 2ft+ drifts.

I'd say where the wind hasn't been about 4 inches but where the wind is howling very little