Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Patience needed for main band to arrive.

Fronts from the SE are usually slow moving (compared to those zipping through from SW-NW).

The slower it’s moving, the greater possibility for prolonged snow.

Looks on track, to me.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Yes ok  in fairness it does say getting worse around 6'ish for us and if anything the heavy snow looks progged for further into the early hours of tomorrow morning as well - can't see the farm in Gelligaer opposite  now either getting lots of sand at the moment with high winds - on another positive note its beer oclock and the outside bar while freezing the coke has just chilled to perfection the lager

image.thumb.png.238af3147db69a9881f576ae9f62ed9d.png

If u look at the netweather radar and will it snow its around 5 to 6 that its suppose to start to get a bit more. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Mate it's whiteout here heaviest I've seen in my lifetime.

There's no heavy precipitation over Cardiff though Jay?!? 

Btw that dot is me up in Aberdare ?

IMG_3512.PNG

Edited by JamesL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

If we think about it - it's holding in the Channel - the 15:00 start would be in Devon - it was always going to be a few hours to spread up to Wales....

• Like 4

Posted

The red warning started for SW and Wales 1hr an 40m ago. The MO will over estimate the arrival so that people can be safe. It starts on the South Coast so stands to reason that it won't therefore be immediate. And it makes sense to bracket two regions together expecting, on a northerly track, one to get hit before the other. Look to the SW England thread, go from there. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Fujita scale said:

Hows the 'driftometer' Steve?

Its getting there not sure if I've put it in the best place to be honest I'll get a piccie on the Ipad and see if I can get it uploaded 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Calm down guys it's coming but in a few hours, they r starting to get the heavier band on the South coast 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

Yes ok  in fairness it does say getting worse around 6'ish for us and if anything the heavy snow looks progged for further into the early hours of tomorrow morning as well - can't see the farm in Gelligaer opposite  now either getting lots of sand at the moment with high winds - on another positive note its beer oclock and the outside bar while freezing the coke has just chilled to perfection the lager

image.thumb.png.238af3147db69a9881f576ae9f62ed9d.png

I'll be joining u later, i'll be on the vodka because my Uni has been cancelled already for tomorrow.

Posted

Oh dear the murmurings of discontent are growing .

90 minutes into the ? zone and you have to say this is starting to look embarrassing.

How will the reporters try and spin this?

Can see a fight breaking out in the met office office ....

old experienced pro :-

“ I told you not to go with the red f fk sake “ 

young politically correct student type who has been fast tracked to chief forecaster:-

“ well I’m a fully qualified meteorologist and the book says that under the current criteria we issue red “ 

Old experienced pro :- “ I quit “ - throws coffee over the young whipper snapper and a mass brawl erupts ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm not going to lie lol, over 4 inches now.

Just had a

Just now, Seasonal weather required said:

90 minutes into the ? zone and you have to say this is starting to look embarrassing.

young politically correct student type who has been fast tracked to chief forecaster:-

“ well I’m a fully qualified meteorologist and the book says that under the current criteria we issue red “ 

Old experienced pro :- “ I quit “ - throws coffee over the young whipper snapper and a mass brawl erupts ....

Agreed.

Posted
1 minute ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Go outside and cool off because u getting hot under the collar. Just Chill and see where we end up after its finished.

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Seasonal weather required said:

Ok there’s only one way to solve this ....

Jay you need to show us your broom stick driftometer .

No cheating .

I've got videos of the whiteout but can't upload as it's too big the size of the file?

Posted

Driftometer is nearly up to 15cm and could have been better placed to be honest but it’s throwing it down at the moment⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️❄️❄️

2031465C-6011-4D63-8DCF-537A7AE6B1A2.jpeg

4E82B4F4-97BC-4746-87A3-F8AC19FEEECE.jpeg

3FBDFCD5-FDE7-4E48-9851-9E04ACD9D598.jpeg

A73CC7D7-6BF2-479F-90A4-595CB3A7BCD8.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Even though the snow is very fine it has definitely picked up in intensity in the last 20mins with moderate/heavy falls slowly giving and icing sugar coating to surfaces, still unable to accumulate to anything though due to the wind being so strong so still at 0cm lol. Fascinating to watch however!

• Like 2

Posted

People panicking before it's even really started.

The met office have issued a red warning from 3pm-2am because it will affect the area they've highlighted between that time- not all of that time. 2 hours down, 9 to go. 

For the record, it's snowing heavily, and horizontally with me. Similar location to Jay, so maybe it's the fact we're that much closer to the coast and more exposed. People living in the valleys (north to south flowing) will naturally be more sheltered from an easterly wind. Chill people. And those saying red warnings will be taken down, I beg you to come and stand outside my front door for five minutes and tell me it's not severe! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Stevetynant said:

Driftometer is nearly up to 15cm and could have been better placed to be honest but it’s throwing it down at the moment⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️❄️❄️

2031465C-6011-4D63-8DCF-537A7AE6B1A2.jpeg

4E82B4F4-97BC-4746-87A3-F8AC19FEEECE.jpeg

3FBDFCD5-FDE7-4E48-9851-9E04ACD9D598.jpeg

A73CC7D7-6BF2-479F-90A4-595CB3A7BCD8.jpeg

That’s a good start !

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

The met office have issued a red warning from 3pm-2am because it will affect the area they've highlighted between that time- not all of that time. 2 hours down, 9 to go. 

For the record, it's snowing heavily, and horizontally with me. Similar location to Jay, so maybe it's the fact we're that much closer to the coast and more exposed. People living in the valleys (north to south flowing) will naturally be more sheltered from an easterly wind. Chill people. And those saying red warnings will be taken down, I beg you to come and stand outside my front door for five minutes and tell me it's not severe! 

Lake effect snow from the Bristol channel mate.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Tenby also in the heavy, horizontal snow club, atm.

Exceptional conditions for here; I've never seen anything like it in this location.

2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Lake effect snow from the Bristol channel mate.

Yep- I think it's picking energy/moisture up from Carmarthen Bay here.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Well said talk to people on south coast blizzard conditions  it's coming.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Is it me or does that band of heavier (yellow and orange) precip on the radar look like it could hit an area anywhere from Neath over to Newport, looks like quite a wide area of heavy precip if it stays like that?